• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's the real news for today.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Dolphins 'nervous' about possible investigation over Suh deal - CBSSports.com

If this is true, this opens a whole box of worms. If it's true then Detroit could get compesitory pick(s).

The question will be when talking, promises, hand shakes, oral agreements happened.....It's obvious that it happened before today (Signing Day) because of all the reporting from this weekend. That alone violates the rules.

Now, with all that being said....114 million dollar deals don't get done in minutes so the conversation even goes further back then this past weekend.

Now if it goes back to March 2nd or before when Suh was still under contract then the Lions will be compensated.

This is going to be a huge story that doesn't go away.

And if memory serves correctly on this board Goddell doesn't care too much for Suh.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could make up for that 4th and 5th rounder we lost, especially if it's a higher pick. First time I'll be rooting for Goodell to make a call that goes in our favor.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious that it happened before today (Signing Day) because of all the reporting from this weekend. That alone violates the rules.

It's not illegal for Suh's agent to have a contract already worked out with Miami during those 3 so-called legal days, just not a signed contract, unless I'm missing something there. That's not a violation of the rules. The league prefers that no deals are to be announced publicly. if it just so happened to leak out, as they always do, not much can be done.

The part where you state if negotiations actually began prior to last Friday, yeah the Fins can be penalized.

Last edited:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not illegal for Suh's agent to have a contract already worked out with Miami during those 3 so-called legal days. That's not a violation of the rules. The league prefers that no deals are to be announced publicly. if it just so happened to leak out, as they always do, not much can be done.

The part where you state if negotiations actually began prior to last Friday, yeah the Fins can be penalized.
Sexton had to talk to Suh about what the Lions offered and what the Dolphins offered.....Im guessing a bunch of other teams too.....

Suh didn't come into work on Tuesday morning say "HI" to Sexton and deal struck.....Plenty of people have been talking for a long time for a 114 mil contract to be signed.

I was a cop for far too long and that's not how it happens.

Focus on the part where you said "If a deal was struck before Friday" because Miami wasn't the only ones involved in this fun mess.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gottcha.... thanks... yep, I missed that one

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should get the Dolphins 1st rounder. Definitely fair :charlie:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was a good thing the Lions were not rumored or stated to have landed a player early.

I do not the Phins are only team that could get fined or whatever here. Way too many deals were being announced too quickly.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if memory serves correctly on this board Goddell doesn't care too much for Suh.

Suh is old school and a lot of people in the NFL live in glass houses. Goodell might be hard on Suh because he doesn't like the Lions. There's two sides to every coin... just sayin'

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario for the Lions is what we already know. They aren't going to void the contract and bar the guy from signing, so flipping picks would be awesome.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get more since the Bears got to keep Briggs and we lost our star.

Then I hope they flip ones so we might have a shot at Scherff (sp). I would love to see what pans out with the mix of him, Reiff, Waddle, and Lucas to find the best combo for the LT, LG, and RT spots.

That's a cake post if there ever was one but what the hell. I'll put the frosting on it by saying use our third to move up in the second for either Gurley or Gordon, one of whom I am convinced will be there early in the second round. Most likely Gurley because of the injury. I'm willing to live with the risk on the knee, that's a better role of the dice than a RB who's brain was already mush. Fuck Millenhew!!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I hope they flip ones so we might have a shot at Scherff (sp). I would love to see what pans out with the mix of him, Reiff, Waddle, and Lucas to find the best combo for the LT, LG, and RT spots.

That's a cake post if there ever was one but what the hell. I'll put the frosting on it by saying use our third to move up in the second for either Gurley or Gordon, one of whom I am convinced will be there early in the second round. Most likely Gurley because of the injury. I'm willing to live with the risk on the knee, that's a better role of the dice than a RB who's brain was already mush. Fuck Millenhew!!

Well where the hell is my cake reward then?

Seriously though, I think we have a shot a Sherff regardless at #23. If not, I would be ecstatic to have Flowers out of Miami. Dude's a monster.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you've mentioned before about Waddle and Lucas as potential candidates at LT. The following from Michael Rothstein on day 2 FA

Some potential Day 2 offensive targets for Detroit Lions[URL='http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/15843/some-potential-day-2-offensive-targets-for-the-detroit-lions']Some potential Day 2 offensive targets for Detroit Lions
Offensive tackle (Lions could potentially re-sign Corey Hilliard):

Ryan Harris (Kansas City): He would be somewhat unlikely mostly because he was a starter in Kansas City last year and there are no guaranteed starting roles with Detroit. He is primarily a right tackle and if the Lions were to look at him, it could give the team the chance to move Cornelius Lucas to left tackle. He’s a strong locker room guy as well. Detroit might want to look more at tackles in the draft, though.

BB_72 : if they flipped 1st rd picks, I'd go after MSU CB Trae Waynes[/URL]

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well where the hell is my cake reward then?

Seriously though, I think we have a shot a Sherff regardless at #23. If not, I would be ecstatic to have Flowers out of Miami. Dude's a monster.

You gotta throw out a cake dream first man. Flowers at #23 has a real chance. Schreff (can somebody spell that fucking name for me I'm sick of just throwing a bunch of letters up there) isn't realistic at #23, IMO anyway.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DR. you had the spelling correct the first time.... SCHERFF