• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here We Go Again

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Monday July 20, 2015, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell states publicly that there is no time or date requirement for his decision on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's appeal of a four game suspension.

On Wednesday July 22, 2015, reports surface from several national media outlets that Roger Goodell and Tom Brady are "negotiating" a settlement to his appeal.

On Thursday July 23, 2015, CBS Sports reports that several 'influential NFL owners' are urging Roger Goodell not to reduce the four game suspension on Tom Brady.

None of these statements coincide with any other statement. Goodell doesn't want to give his decision under pressure from anyone and has power attorney Greg Levy giving him legal and personal advice. Then reports are that Levy is telling Goodell to talk with Brady and the NFLPA and clean this up. Don't take it to court because the courts will allow everything to be brought into evidence and that could be disastarous. The there are still the butthead owners who just can't stop picking at scabs and really want to see that little sore become a raging gangrenous infection that oozes and seeps puss and blood and makes everyone who gets near it sick.

The latest news has literally caused a new crush of the same old stuff that been written, recanted, re-written, challenged, proven, disproven and most important, opinionated.

400 Wildfires raging in the western US, ISIS killing 48 people, 26 people running for the 2016 nomination for US President, the US President going on a comedy show................and everyone is fixated on Tom Brady's appeal ruling.

All of the Patriots and Tom Brady haters have actual photographs and videos of Tom Brady either sticking a needle in a football or holding Jim McNally on the ground beating the shit out him with an air pump. Of course they have proof that Tom Brady did "something".

Here we go again, another 5 months of the haters, hating and Patriots fans defending.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all that has gone on, I am convinced in my own mind that there was a degree of manipulation of football pressure by Tom Brady but that the final pressures were still within the league specifications. I also believe that many, if not all, other NFL QB's do much the same thing. Each QB likes a certain feel to the football. However, this practice does not rise to the level that Goodell has driven it to. The matter should have been settled months ago. The other NFL owners were pretty adamant that Kraft accept the punishment meted out by the NFL, even if the "proof" in the Wells Report was sketchy at best. They just wanted to try to bring the Pats down to the rest of the league so that their "dynasty" would come to an end. Goodell, I believe, just wants to level out the playing field as much as he can. Pretty much like Obama addressing inequalities in the US by taxing the rich and passing on the proceeds to those groups he has chosen to support. Goodell will have all but one owner on his side in this matter and I think that is what the other owners told Kraft privately. As for Brady, he wants all four suspended games rescinded or nothing. I think either he or the NFLPA is fully prepared to go to court where it is very likely the NFL will lose again. It's taking Goodell a long time to make a decision because there is no easy way out for him. He is like the man standing waist deep in a barrel of feces and someone is about pour a bucket of urine over his head. The age old question is "Do you duck?"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 there was a degree of manipulation of football pressure by Tom Brady but that the final pressures were still within the league specifications.

2 The other NFL owners were pretty adamant that Kraft accept the punishment meted out by the NFL, even if the "proof" in the Wells Report was sketchy at best. They just wanted to try to bring the Pats down to the rest of the league so that their "dynasty" would come to an end.

3 Goodell, I believe, just wants to level out the playing field as much as he can.

4 Brady, he wants all four suspended games rescinded or nothing.

1 He told the equipment guy's to make them legal minimum. Maybe.

2 Thats why losing teams pick first and winning teams pick last. Pick better. Manage better.

3 Same as 2

4 Games and fine. Accepting the fine is still accepting guilt.

As a Pats fan, I want the picks back too. even if they are not needed to win.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Monday July 20, 2015, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell states publicly that there is no time or date requirement for his decision on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's appeal of a four game suspension.

On Wednesday July 22, 2015, reports surface from several national media outlets that Roger Goodell and Tom Brady are "negotiating" a settlement to his appeal.

On Thursday July 23, 2015, CBS Sports reports that several 'influential NFL owners' are urging Roger Goodell not to reduce the four game suspension on Tom Brady.

None of these statements coincide with any other statement. Goodell doesn't want to give his decision under pressure from anyone and has power attorney Greg Levy giving him legal and personal advice. Then reports are that Levy is telling Goodell to talk with Brady and the NFLPA and clean this up. Don't take it to court because the courts will allow everything to be brought into evidence and that could be disastarous. The there are still the butthead owners who just can't stop picking at scabs and really want to see that little sore become a raging gangrenous infection that oozes and seeps puss and blood and makes everyone who gets near it sick.

The latest news has literally caused a new crush of the same old stuff that been written, recanted, re-written, challenged, proven, disproven and most important, opinionated.

400 Wildfires raging in the western US, ISIS killing 48 people, 26 people running for the 2016 nomination for US President, the US President going on a comedy show................and everyone is fixated on Tom Brady's appeal ruling.

All of the Patriots and Tom Brady haters have actual photographs and videos of Tom Brady either sticking a needle in a football or holding Jim McNally on the ground beating the shit out him with an air pump. Of course they have proof that Tom Brady did "something".

Here we go again, another 5 months of the haters, hating and Patriots fans defending.

Considering all the cheating other teams have done and been found guilty of, it makes it even more obvious that the jealousy level is quite high in the NFL. You want to beat the Pats, do it on the field, not in the commissioner's office. What a bunch of fucking morons!!

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A handful of boring idiots (who never get laid and suck at fantasy football) who think that their idiotic opinions actually matter on forums, social media, etc...are paying attention.

That would hardly qualify as "everyone".

Something like this will always bring out the cretins (on both sides) trying to rack up posts (spewing the same, re-hashed, idiotic shit they've been regurgitating since the story broke).

But, once again, I'd say it's a stretch to say "everyone is fixated".

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 He told the equipment guy's to make them legal minimum. Maybe.

2 Thats why losing teams pick first and winning teams pick last. Pick better. Manage better.

3 Same as 2

4 Games and fine. Accepting the fine is still accepting guilt.

As a Pats fan, I want the picks back too. even if they are not needed to win.

My thought on this is: I think after the Jets game, TB told the guys to put them as low at 12.5. I would not be shocked in TB told them to go a little lower and hand them over to the Refs and see what happens. If they pass them at 12.3, then fine. If they pump them up to 12.5, that is fine too. Considering the Refs never measured the PSI of the balls, he was getting away with them a little lower, but it's the Refs job to make sure they are at least 12.5, they failed at that. I strongly believe there was no way he was having the guys deflate them in the bathroom after they were tested. He did not have too, the Refs were letting the PSI in the footballs stay at what every the QB's wanted them to be. This once again is on the NFL and the refs for not doing their job by measuring the PSI and keeping records of it. NO ONE gave a shit about PSI until the Colts sent an email.....

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There appears to be no choice now but to see this matter go to the courts. TB and the NFLPA will not accept even one suspended game and Goodell cannot let that happen. He has too much invested ($5 million) in the Wells report, a flawed document at best, and the rest of the NFL owners, especially those who play the Pats this season, want the the team penalized as much as possible. Latest news is that several teams want the full 4 games suspension retained. Once it gets to the courts, it's anybody's guess what will happen, but the NFL's track record in court is not very good. Goodell has botched this whole situation so badly, the only good thing to come out of this would be that he loses his job. He has denigrated the memory of all the good men who have held the job before him.