• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is the 30 man roster to start the season

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry for the small Twitter read. It's the only site so far that has posted the 30 man roster. I couldn't figure out any way to enlarge it. So be ready to strain your eyes.

(Somewhat) Surprise additions:
Cheslor Cuthbert
Codi Heuer
Jimmy Lambert

Notable cut:
Nick Madrigal

So as expected, the Sox are going with a 16/14 pitcher/position split. I think that's how most teams will handle their rosters as well. Also noted from another website, Carlos Rodon has been named as the 5th starter. Does this leave Gio Gonzalez off the rotation or are we going with six? That remains to be seen

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pronunciation guide made me laugh.

Yoe-AHN mon-KAH-duh

HOYER

LOL

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richi's boy Engel gonna drop it like it's hot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to defend Engel the other day - obviously the best defensive outfielder (not named Robert) and a guy who has gotten better at the bat - and the launch angle as he is showing moderate power - up from weak.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to defend Engel the other day - obviously the best defensive outfielder (not named Robert) and a guy who has gotten better at the bat - and the launch angle as he is showing moderate power - up from weak.
Actually, Engel is an outstanding defender. I'd go as far as to give it a tie with Robert regarding range and glove. Where Robert blows him away tho is with the arm.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another, much more readable version of the Opening Day roster:

White Sox set 30-man Opening Day roster

What's most interesting here is they have Gio listed as one of the relievers. Guess they're not going with a 6 man rotation after all. Wonder if that will make him our long reliever/spot starter by default. The article mentions Lambert as an option for this role, and Detwiler has already performed in this capacity in previous seasons. Another interesting note is the Sox designated former first round bust Carson Fulmer for assignment. He was out of options, so it's is their only recourse at this point.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Within that article:

RELATED: Why Carlos Rodón, Dylan Cease and Reynaldo López are keys to White Sox season

^^^ Yep...Pretty much...If those guys blow we're in trouble.
Agreed, but also fairly obvious. Doesn't matter whether you're even the Yankees or the Dodgers. If 3/5 of your rotation blows chunks, the chances of making the playoffs are reduced to a trickle. So no doubt, we'll need Rodon, Cease, and Lopez (or Gonzalez lying in the weeds) to hold their own. We have a pretty good bullpen, but we won't last long if Renteria is constantly handing one of them the ball with us behind in the score.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make a bold statement. Crowd noise distracts the pitcher much more than the hitter. No crowd noise will lead to better concentrating pitchers. I think - no crowd noise is advantage pitcher - especially Rodon, Cease and Lopez.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make a bold statement. Crowd noise distracts the pitcher much more than the hitter. No crowd noise will lead to better concentrating pitchers. I think - no crowd noise is advantage pitcher - especially Rodon, Cease and Lopez.

Counterpoint: Kopech quit because of the voices in his head.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know .... the silence might also be unnerving.