• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here are your All Pro teams

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Dallas must have the best O-line of all time with 3 first team all pro's at LT, C, and G.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point PFF is worthless if they have Eric Berry as the 7th rated Safety.

The scores are based off the entire season and every single snap that player is playing they get graded at that position. I assume he has a good amount of splash plays but maybe was beaten a few times as well. IDK I didn't watch the chiefs. I agree with it more than the humans since they put Ha Ha Dix as a second team all pro and he's no where near that level. Dude is late every time on bombs on the outside.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with the first team all pro.

I'm glad to see Wagner get in as a Hawks fan. IMO (even with injury) he's taken over Luke Keuchley as the best ILB in the league.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott and Prescott made them look better than they really are.

Pro football focus had them as the #1 pass blocking O-line and #1 run blocking O-line in 2015 before the FHOF's Zeke and Dak made them better all of a sudden.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scores are based off the entire season and every single snap that player is playing they get graded at that position. I assume he has a good about of splash plays but maybe was beaten a few times as well. IDK I didn't watch the chiefs. I agree with it more than the humans since they put Ha Ha Dix as a second team all pro and he's no where near that level. Dude is late every time on bombs on the outside.
Yeah, Berry has gotten beaten a few times but the Chiefs Defensive Coordinator has done some...odd things with him. In game 1, Berry was covering Keenan Allen which he was not suited for at all. KC runs man coverage more than anyone in the league now probably because of the fiasco in the first half of game 1.

The Chiefs secondary in general has been a fiasco until the past couple of games. Philip Gaines, Acker and White were all beaten badly in some very public games (@Denver for Gaines is the most notable but White was beaten badly by @Pit and another game IIRC)

I think I'm okay with people having Peters top 5 and not #2 but I dont think he is the polarizing CB he was in his rookie season. Peters has been a stabilizing force.

If Berry really is just #7 like PFF says then maybe the Chiefs will be better off letting him walk. I dont like that narrative one bit. Berry has won games, is a leader and he hits hard.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have stats to back that up? Because he was lockdown when I saw him playing against Denver on Xmas.

I honestly wonder how much attention you've been paying to him this year or are you still thinking of his rookie year?
I live in Kansas City, I watch the Chiefs every week. I'm not thinking of his rookie year. Peters is a very good corner. But he's not the second best corner in the league.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there should be a "Post here if your team has the most first team All-Pro's"

But everyone already knows it because they all pay attention to Americas Team. :dhd:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point PFF is worthless if they have Eric Berry as the 7th rated Safety.
They don't, they have him 5th. And it's not like the guys they have listed ahead of him are scrubs. That's some darn tough competition.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Berry has gotten beaten a few times but the Chiefs Defensive Coordinator has done some...odd things with him. In game 1, Berry was covering Keenan Allen which he was not suited for at all. KC runs man coverage more than anyone in the league now probably because of the fiasco in the first half of game 1.

The Chiefs secondary in general has been a fiasco until the past couple of games. Philip Gaines, Acker and White were all beaten badly in some very public games (@Denver for Gaines is the most notable but White was beaten badly by @Pit and another game IIRC)

I think I'm okay with people having Peters top 5 and not #2 but I dont think he is the polarizing CB he was in his rookie season. Peters has been a stabilizing force.

If Berry really is just #7 like PFF says then maybe the Chiefs will be better off letting him walk. I dont like that narrative one bit. Berry has won games, is a leader and he hits hard.

Still, #7 in the entire NFL is really good. PFF doesn't take into account the offense or QB they play against or how much more responsibility a player has for each play. They just grade each play on equal terms and how successful that player was for that specific play. No way will KC get rid of Eric as he's still under 30 and still making plays. He's better than any safety we have.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing but hype....

They grade each play of every single player and care nothing about name recognition. This isn't the pro bowl voting garbage. I know you're being facetious but this O-line is an all time great O-lline especially to make rookies seem like all pros. Zeke better save that money to buy them better gifts next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't, they have him 5th. And it's not like the guys they have listed ahead of him are scrubs. That's some darn tough competition.
Honorable mention: Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs, 87.8 (tied No. 7)

But yeah, he is ranked 5th likely because the others probably dont have enough reps or don't make any sense but their numbers say tied for 7th.

Either way, analytics favor consistent players over splash players while humans generally look at splash plays over consistent plays. The Chiefs run a very very very bendy defense that creates turnovers. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's hard to understand

Gronk was injured, Brady missed first four games. No stand out elite players on defense, and no real stand out elite players on offense outside of Gronk and Brady but have some really good top ten level players and a few positions. This is based on individual performance and records are out the window.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honorable mention: Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs, 87.8 (tied No. 7)

But yeah, he is ranked 5th likely because the others probably dont have enough reps or don't make any sense but their numbers say tied for 7th.

Either way, analytics favor consistent players over splash players while humans generally look at splash plays over consistent plays. The Chiefs run a very very very bendy defense that creates turnovers. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle
They gave him honorable mention and have four safeties listed above him. That means that while their ratings for the season added up to 7th place for him, they think enough of him to bump him up a couple of spots (probably due to those splash plays you were talking about).