• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here are Bama's 8 wins

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with there being a debate. It is funny how on here that debate seems to be repeatedly discussed ad nauseum by a couple of fans with penis envy. Yes, UCF fans. Do most Bama fans think our chances of making the playoffs died in that loss, yes. In my 6 years on here and 40 plus years of being a college football fan, I have learned many fans of teams dont really care as much about their team as much as they take pride and joy when Alabama loses. It has gotten worse since Saban came to town, but its always been present. So by all means, discuss away. Just know that when some of you, based on your past posts, it comes off as so much penis envy and sour grapes, not real debate.

Who the hell wouldn't be envious of Alabama's success? That said, I don't think anyone's "hate" for Alabama takes away from the fact that they are getting ranked higher than others would with the same or even better results because they are Alabama. And I think 2017 UCF's resume beats a hypothetical 11-1 Alabama this year but the former only got 12th while the latter is still in the playoff chase because of a "close" loss to LSU which was just a team of third stringers in January when they beat UCF.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit what a Hooplan thinks about Bama's schedule. The only people that matter are the selection committee. Bitch to them about it. I don't give a damn.

Hooplan letter to the Committee:

Dear Committee,

Please, oh pretty please, put in someone besides Bama. ANYONE but Bama! Pretty pretty please? With cherries on top? And a blowjob from a Texas cheerleader? Maybe even a female one?

Sincerely,

Hooplans

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell wouldn't be envious of Alabama's success? That said, I don't think anyone's "hate" for Alabama takes away from the fact that they are getting ranked higher than others would with the same or even better results because they are Alabama. And I think 2017 UCF's resume beats a hypothetical 11-1 Alabama this year but the former only got 12th while the latter is still in the playoff chase because of a "close" loss to LSU which was just a team of third stringers in January when they beat UCF.
So what you want acknowledged is name recognition and year in and out hard work and consistent winning is rewarded. Fine, its acknowledged. Do you want anyone whose team has shown they deserve the benefit of a doubt to feel sorry for other teams that have shown a propensity for losing when they should win? Can you honestly say that Bama has not earned some measure of a benefit of doubt by being a dominant force for close to 11 years now? As an exercise, you should go to all major teams, and add up the loss columns only over the last 11 years and then ask yourself if you dont think they do.

To be honest, this same debate happens almost every time Bama loses and I have yet to see one of you football geniuses design a better mouse trap. Maybe you should try.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say Alabama looks like one of the 4 best teams in their last games and against Auburn. They should get consideration. I would prefer a conference champion but if it is 2 loss conference champion I could see them getting in the cfp.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you want acknowledged is name recognition and year in and out hard work and consistent winning is rewarded. Fine, its acknowledged. Do you want anyone whose team has shown they deserve the benefit of a doubt to feel sorry for other teams that have shown a propensity for losing when they should win? Can you honestly say that Bama has not earned some measure of a benefit of doubt by being a dominant force for close to 11 years now? As an exercise, you should go to all major teams, and add up the loss columns only over the last 11 years and then ask yourself if you dont think they do.

To be honest, this same debate happens almost every time Bama loses and I have yet to see one of you football geniuses design a better mouse trap. Maybe you should try.

I don't think any team should get credit for past success but I don't hold it against Alabama that they do under the flawed system we have.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's currently at a -5 differential on their schedule played so far and combined with an 8-1 record that's good enough for 8th overall in FBS. Of the other 8-1 teams, Cincinnati is currently better with a -2, but they do edge out Penn State who's at -6. That Western Carolina game will bite them with an automatic -20.

The Crimson Tide's schedule's not great, but it could be a lot worse. For example, Louisiana Tech is 8-1, but their differential is -43.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say Alabama looks like one of the 4 best teams in their last games and against Auburn. They should get consideration. I would prefer a conference champion but if it is 2 loss conference champion I could see them getting in the cfp.
I like the honesty, but I dont really think Bama has a team to compete in the playoffs this year.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke 4-5
Southern Miss 6-3
NM State 0-9
S. Carolina 4-6
Ole Miss 4-6
Texas A&M 6-3
Tennessee 5-5
Arkansas 2-8

Up next for them is 4-5 Mississippi State and 3-7 Western Carolina before their season finale against Auburn (their final hope for one decent win all season).

Sorry but that team barely deserves the top 10, much less the top 4.

#UCFacts

really hard to disagree with all of the above. joke of a schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree, but you can relax - Bama won't make the playoffs. Perhaps they'll get an opportunity to humiliate a team like yours in some also-ran bowl.
How many losses do you think Alabama would need to get in a bowl so low where they would have to play UCF?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team should get credit for past success but I don't hold it against Alabama that they do under the flawed system we have.
So while you harp on something being subjective. Consider the flaw in the argument you attempted to use. You want Bama penalized(or scored fairly) while using an argument about a 2017 UCF team that was the benefit of the same flawed system.
How so? The same voting system and bias or lack of is used for every team. So can you say that 12th was their actual correct spot? See my point? You cannot used a flawed system(your words) as a basis for an argument.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many losses do you think Alabama would need to get in a bowl so low where they would have to play UCF?
We would need to lose to all three of our remaining opponents.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I see Bama getting in (baring teams losing) is Auburn beats Georgia. They need Auburn to prop up what has been a dreadful schedule. I look forward to Bama fans changing into their Auburn gear this week and yelling “War damn Eagle” at their televisions

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while you harp on something being subjective. Consider the flaw in the argument you attempted to use. You want Bama penalized(or scored fairly) while using an argument about a 2017 UCF team that was the benefit of the same flawed system.
How so? The same voting system and bias or lack of is used for every team. So can you say that 12th was their actual correct spot? See my point? You cannot used a flawed system(your words) as a basis for an argument.

I'm proponent of rules and have my own idea. That said, my comparison of 2017 UCF and 2019 Alabama is based on objective facts or facts generated by voting systems that I use against it to show its inconsistencies. My biggest issue here is that Alabama gets favored because of who they are when they don't have an advantage in the criteria typically favored by voters. I don't blame Alabama for this.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blah blah blah...struggling to get over the loss aren’t you.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has to have attainable goals.