• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't generally like beer. What is something that is so amazing I have to like it?

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With all of the different types of beer today, this is a very hard question to answer. There are litterally hundreds of beers you can get that don't taste anything like a "beer" that you are thinking of.

What are some of the fruits and/or foods that you like to eat? What are some other types of mixed drinks that you like? Do you like coffee?

I am really not trying to be a tool, but the question you ask in this day and age is almost impossible to answer. One thing you could do is go to a bar that carries a lot of craft brewery beers and they are typically good about giving small samples to taste. Heck even Applebee's will do that. Try them till you find one you like then expand from there.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like any fruit. I'm not pick y for the most part. I live in a dry fucking county. Gotta drive my ass 30-45 minutes to get alcohol. fuckers.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first piece of advice would be move to another county

secondly, find a shop that has lots of craft beers, most of them will do a "create-a-six pack"...pick through, and experiment until you find something you're a fan of (then keep trying new ones!), like thecrow said, there are hundreds and hundreds of beers out there that taste nothing alike, and nothing like what you probably think of when you think "beer".

I recommend grabbing some IPA's, but I'm a hop head so i'm biased

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate trying to pick out beers for others, it is hard.

Your typical IPA is going to taste like grapefruit and a hint of pine.

A hefeweizen should taste like a mix of banana's and cloves.

Belgian wheat beers should be of the orange tropical fruit variety, but they vary a lot.

American wheat beers can pretty much taste like anything and some have actually pretty much crossed over into the FMB category, except they still carry some beer flavor, but not much.

Stouts and Porters are not really a place to start IMO. Stouts tend to taste like coffee to me, Porters are sweeter but still carry the hint of coffee. Then again there are chocolate stouts, fruit flavored stouts and milk stouts and outmeal stouts that are sweeter, but still have the coffee flavor.

I would agree with Hokie, get a mix and match with an IPA, a Belgian, an Amber, I would say a hefeweizen, but those aren't for everyone.

One more thing, while price isn't everything, there are good less expensive craft made beers, there are more less good cheaper versions than there are less good expensive versions.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest buying a seasonal variety pack. There are a bunch of winter 12 packs on sale now. Sam Adams and Blue Moon seasonals are pretty good I think