• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HELP!

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the damn things..

Yesterday we got a little bit of snow here in Fairfax, Va. I was driving home from work and WHAM!, slid into the damn curb. I was doing about 20 mph when I went into the slide. I bent the rim on my car and that is all I thought it was at the time. Took it to a local shop and they called me saying that my frame is bent.

Now, does anyone know if its likely that the frame would be bent at such a low speed? I know nothing about cars (other than on days like today I hate them) and I'm just curious if this place is trying to take me for a ride or not. Any opinions welcome.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are, your frame is not bent. You very well may have shuffled up some suspension components though. What kind of car is it, and where did you take it? I live in Arlington, regardless of what it is, there are enough places (and specialty places) that I would get at least one other opinion.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a 2005 Dodge Stratus. Took it to Hogan and Sons over in Fairfax.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the same thing a few weeks back, some guy pulled out directly in front of me, I hit the brakes and bounced my car off the curb, probably doing 20 MPH. I would be very surprised if your frame bent, there are a lot of things between the wheel and frame that have a lot more give, that are much weaker links, than the frame. When I did it I jacked up an inner tie rod end and my wheel bearing. I replaced them both, got an alinement, and was good to go. I can see your rim being bent, maybe some tie rod/ball joint/wheel bearing problems, I would be very surprised if your frame had any damage. Then again, I'm not a mechanic.