• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help! Best 5-man line up in 2K?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my friend who is really good at NBA 2K17, and also is too cocky, is challenging me to create my own team in which I have to choose 5 main guys from any team (including the historical teams). He said he will beat my created team by just using any of the teams already in 2k, also this includes a money bet.
I'm planning to use this:

PG - Current Stephen Curry (easily the best 3pointer in the game, with handles)
SG - '92 Michael Jordan (i believe this is the best MJ from the game. he had elite athleticism too)
SF - '13 LeBron James (the most overpowered player in the game. MJ and LBJ in transition is unstoppable!)
PF - ???? (help! I want someone good at defense and shot-blocking, can shoot to space the floor for my wing players and center.)
C - '01 Shaquille O'neal (easily unguardable, unstoppable inside the paint)

Thoughts?
Any ideas on which PF I should pick? I was planning Rasheed Wallace from 04 but he isn't part of the game, idk why. Also having Magic at PG is kinda redundant since I already have the best version of LeBron.

PS: I wanna destroy him so hard this time!!

BallSoHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can space the floor? Dirk
Great defense? Rodman

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these are good choices, especially since Dirk can knock down the 3-ball almost any time wants...
Nah, not separately.

I mean someone who has great defense and at the same time knock those outside shots.
Is Dirk a great defender in the paint?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably go Duncan, honestly. He can hit outside shots in terms of 15-feet or so and he has excellent paint defense. If you're looking for a perimeter 3-point shooting 4 that plays excellent defense, he doesn't exist.

BallSoHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably go Duncan, honestly. He can hit outside shots in terms of 15-feet or so and he has excellent paint defense. If you're looking for a perimeter 3-point shooting 4 that plays excellent defense, he doesn't exist.
draymond-green-hasnt-changed-thoughts-on-cleveland.jpg

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe I forgot about Draymond. Although to be fair, Duncan is a better player defensively in the paint as well as within 15-feet of the basket. On the perimeter I'd take Draymond all day.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I forgot about Draymond. Although to be fair, Duncan is a better player defensively in the paint as well as within 15-feet of the basket. On the perimeter I'd take Draymond all day.
I don't think Draymond is a consistent outside shooter so I wont probably pick him for that 4th spot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my friend who is really good at NBA 2K17, and also is too cocky, is challenging me to create my own team in which I have to choose 5 main guys from any team (including the historical teams). He said he will beat my created team by just using any of the teams already in 2k, also this includes a money bet.
I'm planning to use this:

PG - Current Stephen Curry (easily the best 3pointer in the game, with handles)
SG - '92 Michael Jordan (i believe this is the best MJ from the game. he had elite athleticism too)
SF - '13 LeBron James (the most overpowered player in the game. MJ and LBJ in transition is unstoppable!)
PF - ???? (help! I want someone good at defense and shot-blocking, can shoot to space the floor for my wing players and center.)
C - '01 Shaquille O'neal (easily unguardable, unstoppable inside the paint)

Thoughts?
Any ideas on which PF I should pick? I was planning Rasheed Wallace from 04 but he isn't part of the game, idk why. Also having Magic at PG is kinda redundant since I already have the best version of LeBron.

PS: I wanna destroy him so hard this time!!

If you need another floor spacer...Dirk prime.

I would probably go with prime KG or Timmy. Elite rebounders, elite defenders and both have 15-20 footers that were money.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need another floor spacer...Dirk prime.

I would probably go with prime KG or Timmy. Elite rebounders, elite defenders and both have 15-20 footers that were money.

Are KG or Timmy's range good enough to space the floor?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are KG or Timmy's range good enough to space the floor?

Yes, they both can hit 20 footers. Shaq clogs the paint regardless but Dirk is still a damn good option. He was unstoppable in his prime and shot over 40% from 3, just the defense is lacking.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they both can hit 20 footers. Shaq clogs the paint regardless but Dirk is still a damn good option. He was unstoppable in his prime and shot over 40% from 3, just the defense is lacking.

definitely a great floor spacing option with that trey. In his prime that shot was damn near unblockable...

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably prefer Defense more than what Dirk can offer on offense since I already have too much offense in MJ, Curry, LeBron and Shaq lol. What do you think?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably prefer Defense more than what Dirk can offer on offense since I already have too much offense in MJ, Curry, LeBron and Shaq lol. What do you think?

ok, well then on the defensive side it's either big ticket or Timmy as Shane already posted. tough choice,but i'd go with the Big Fundamentals...

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, well then on the defensive side it's either big ticket or Timmy as Shane already posted. tough choice,but i'd go with the Big Fundamentals...

'98 Timmy is only available in 2K17 lol he's 87.
Then there's '04 KG with 96. Was KG the best player in the league that year?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would need a role player type, a guy that can score but he provides elite defense and can knock down a 15 footer. I would say KG is the best guy for that. McHale is another option, unstoppable on the block but that would just clog the paint more.

I say KG, he can score but he is a lockdown defender and great rebounder. I think TD clogs the paint more than KG but both would be my top 2 options.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking kidding me with this shit, OP?