• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Helmet swinger Myles grts 5/125

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Myles did was fucked up and outta line. No excuse for his actions. But if Myles is a "trash human being" what does that makes NFLers that have been caught on video abusing women (Ray Rice & Kareem Hunt)? Or a player that gets suspended for abusing his own child (AP)? Or former NFLer Greg Hardy who was found guilty of abusing his ex-girlfriend?
The NFL has a history of trash human beings. But so does any other sport.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about the helmet swing incident anymore. Time to move on. The only thing I cannot get over is his race-baiting bullshit which I don't think we've heard the last of. We'll never know what was said during that scrum (thanks to the NFL not releasing whatever audio may have been available), so its pointless to slander someone like that and he should feel very fortunate that Mason didn't sue his ass for repeated defamation.

Myles Smollett is a helluva player, but a trash human being. Does he deserve the contract? Not yet. But there's no way the Browns were going to let him walk without an extension. I do think he's more than capable of playing up to it if he can keep himself out of trouble.

Mason is an asshole. But I'm not buyin that he's a racist asshole.
He had no choice but to play the race card. You can get away with pretty much anything when you toss it on the table. The worst pieces of shit do that in sports and politics.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has a history of trash human beings. But so does any other sport.

Unfortunately for Garrett right now he's more known for losing his fucking mind than his good play on the field. I'm Browns fan (obviously) but not a homer. I'll never defend what he did. Not saying any has. Have no idea and really don't care.

I wonder which Steeler will be the first to take a cheap shot at Garrett? I'll go with a TE. :heh: Just kidding. Sure hope there's a season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for Garrett right now he's more known for losing his fucking mind than his good play on the field. I'm Browns fan (obviously) but not a homer. I'll never defend what he did. Not saying any has. Have no idea and really don't care.

I wonder which Steeler will be the first to take a cheap shot at Garrett? I'll go with a TE. :heh: Just kidding. Sure hope there's a season.
I’m sure the first game between the Browns & Steelers will be a chippy. Should be a good game if there is a season!

might even have to get back into my hate manifestos!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure the first game between the Browns & Steelers will be a chippy. Should be a good game if there is a season!

might even have to get back into my hate manifestos!

tenor (2).gif

Hopefully the first Browns/Steelers game will be nationally televised.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett starts talking again. Guess the gag order is up. Throws kaep
Support out there

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm an offensive lineman playing against him, I'm calling Myles Smollett all game, trying to set him off.
Might call him something else. Then try and hurt him physically in a dirty way.

I'll root against this fucker till his career is over.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This contract will probably look good in 3-4 years especially if he puts up beast numbers but still a lot of money...damn
I wouldn’t give someone of his character that kind of contract. Too risky. This is a typical browns move.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t give someone of his character that kind of contract. Too risky. This is a typical browns move.

Football is played on the field. I would be VERY surprised if we saw anything close happen like this again from him...and he is already one of the best DE's in football. Football is business, plain and simple. I could see if we are talking about the leader of the team or the QB...we are talking about the DE1. One of the most important positions on the field but in the end it comes down to production.
If you don't pay him or let him walk...he will produce highly for another team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett starts talking again. Guess the gag order is up. Throws kaep
Support out there

TBH it's gotten to the point...I am starting to ignore all off the field stuff. It's gotten to the point I don't watch any shows talking about sports unless it has to do with fantasy football now. I also think the off the field stuff is way too ingrained in this game with social media..it's getting ridiculous. Just about everyone is going to say or do something you don't like, just like they will say or do something you do like...that rarely will be talked about though. It's all negative, that's why I stay away. I do like the rumor mill around FA time though...that can be fun.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is played on the field. I would be VERY surprised if we saw anything close happen like this again from him...and he is already one of the best DE's in football. Football is business, plain and simple. I could see if we are talking about the leader of the team or the QB...we are talking about the DE1. One of the most important positions on the field but in the end it comes down to production.
If you don't pay him or let him walk...he will produce highly for another team.
Got to play to produce. When you give a player that type of money, he better stay on the field. The fact he screwed up big time and then tried to fix it by lying about another player to throw him under the bus tells me he makes poor decisions and does not hold himself accountable for those decisions. That’s a bad recipe. I can’t tell you the future, but this kid has a lot of risk involved. This move could easily burn the browns. Given the history of the browns, it seems like a good bet this contract ends up weighing the team down.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH it's gotten to the point...I am starting to ignore all off the field stuff. It's gotten to the point I don't watch any shows talking about sports unless it has to do with fantasy football now. I also think the off the field stuff is way too ingrained in this game with social media..it's getting ridiculous. Just about everyone is going to say or do something you don't like, just like they will say or do something you do like...that rarely will be talked about though. It's all negative, that's why I stay away. I do like the rumor mill around FA time though...that can be fun.

Good suggest if you are only going to get angry about it

The sports radio has definitely been a bit much on the political side but much of that is because they had nothing better to talk about

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to play to produce. When you give a player that type of money, he better stay on the field. The fact he screwed up big time and then tried to fix it by lying about another player to throw him under the bus tells me he makes poor decisions and does not hold himself accountable for those decisions. That’s a bad recipe. I can’t tell you the future, but this kid has a lot of risk involved. This move could easily burn the browns. Given the history of the browns, it seems like a good bet this contract ends up weighing the team down.

Ok so he missed half of a season bc of a suspension...I would rather pay a guy for one mistake than being injured all the time. The fact is he is already a top 10 DE at 24...like I said, if the Browns don't pay him some other team will fork it...probably more than half the league would tbh. But your point really has nothing to do with the main point. It's a business you pay a player to be productive...he isn't the first player to make a terrible mistake and get back to be a great player. Suh was much worse, multiple incidents and got paid and paid more for years. The thing is the Browns have set themselves up nicely for the future even with this contract so cap issues are the least of their issues...if the Browns don't workout it won't be bc of Myles

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some players are questioning the safety of playing ball this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more risk not signing him then signing him. He is 24 years old and has all the talent in the world. To let him walk would be a monumental mistake...but I guess that's why everyone isn't in a front office position lol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so he missed half of a season bc of a suspension...I would rather pay a guy for one mistake than being injured all the time. The fact is he is already a top 10 DE at 24...like I said, if the Browns don't pay him some other team will fork it...probably more than half the league would tbh. But your point really has nothing to do with the main point. It's a business you pay a player to be productive...he isn't the first player to make a terrible mistake and get back to be a great player. Suh was much worse, multiple incidents and got paid and paid more for years. The thing is the Browns have set themselves up nicely for the future even with this contract so cap issues are the least of their issues...if the Browns don't workout it won't be bc of Myles
We will see. Those teams that paid Suh a shit load sure had a lot of success, eh?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was a more dominant player. You should also give Garrett time. I’m sure this isn’t the only incredibly dumb thing he does on a football player. You have to realize, he’s going to be a target now. Opposing olinemen are going to be pushing his buttons in an attempt to get him to retaliate.