• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heisman Trophy Winner Shoplifting?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

Shit, nobody can win the Heisman anymore without being a fucking idiot

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big part of the issue is putting these guys on a pedestal......most people make mistakes at this age but these guys are worshipped and they end up thinking they are invincible.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoking weed or drinking is something I expect a kid at this age to get caught doing, though.

Shoplifting is so overboard stupid......I seriously cannot figure out for the life of me how a guy who wins the HEISMAN........the most coveted award in all of College sports........can make such a stupid decision :L

You are kind of the face of College Football......or in other words, every little kid in America looks up to you now, and every person breathing air knows who you are.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How much you wanna bet he didn't write that letter by himself?

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Something I read on a Noles board I belong to.

Winston went into publix to get chicken wings and crab claws. At publix, you order the claws and they steam them for you and give them to you with drawn butter. Evidently they screwed up the order and spilled the drawn butter, so they were re-doing them for him. While they were doing that, he went and got chicken wings and paid for them. There were about 20 people all around him when he got the crab claws and each one of them was asking for an autograph and taking selfies with him. He literally was walking with these people and his aforementioned paid for chicken wings and walks out of the store with the claws still signing autographs. He literally walks right by a sheriff deputy and never thought about the claws.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm tired of his shellfish behavior."

Best comment on this I read all day on ESPN.com

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, nice cowardly cop-out caveat:

"In a moment of youthful ignorance..."

You're a grown man! You're 20. Don't hide behind that "youthful ignorance" bull shit. Grown up. (I say that almost certain that he never will).

By the way, the vast majority of the time you have to shoplift dozens of times if not hundreds to actually get caught. It's an extremely easy crime to get away with. VERY small chance this was the first time he pulled this crap.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last "incident" in that article is my favorite.

How did anyone find out that he stole soda with the old "Let me put Sprite in the water cup" trick? Like, how did they dig that one up?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told.......a lot of people at FSU have crabs

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, nice cowardly cop-out caveat:

"In a moment of youthful ignorance..."

You're a grown man! You're 20. Don't hide behind that "youthful ignorance" bull shit. Grown up. (I say that almost certain that he never will).

By the way, the vast majority of the time you have to shoplift dozens of times if not hundreds to actually get caught. It's an extremely easy crime to get away with. VERY small chance this was the first time he pulled this crap.

I think the "I've learned in the last year how awesome me being awesome at football makes others feel" is the worst part. We all know that he didn't write it (he's illiterate), so if you're going to write the statement for him don't write something that retarded.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm tired of his shellfish behavior."

Best comment on this I read all day on ESPN.com

If the post above yours is true, I think there might be a little bit too much to condemn. I do think he should get whatever he gets (a warning, a small charge, or plea in abeyance) because he needs to know not to do that (anyone else in the crowd, would get that), but it wasn't like he was trying to get out and saying he wasn't a paid athlete (the woe is me poor athlete).

Often, the things these players do aren't a big deal, but because they are not egregious actions and they can win or bring in big bucks, they'll always be tolerated. There's no reversing it. However, I think these mistakes would still be made even if a the NFL took a hard stand on it. Just like potential murderers don't read about the death penalty cases appeals and get deterred, I don't think these athletes follow what happens to other athletes get and get deterred. If the NFL took a hard stand on it, maybe team reps would teach them better - but what do they care? They already are concerned with their players getting NCAA penalties and can't stop young people doing young people things.

I sometimes think dropping in the draft is good because you go to a better team. The good teams that already have your position don't pick you but the good teams that need your position will. Yes, you get less money at the start, but if you prove yourself it'll end up being more because you'll win and get a new contract. Now, with the rookie pay scale, the big contract difference isn't as great in total. Proportionally, it might be, but in total you're not looking at the great great numbers as you were before. Now, of course you don't do something stupid in order to get lower because you might get yourself out of the first round back into the beginning of second round. Less money for bad teams.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about common sense. You just won the National Championship. You just won the Heisman trophy. People know who the fuck you are. People care about what you do. You just saw Johnny Manziel go through the same type of scrutiny. You YOURSELF were investigated for sexual assault and it was a nation-wide story.

If that's not enough to get to stop doing stupid shit - then you have absolutely no common sense. This is the type as those dumbass players who get caught for smoking weed at the combine. Like you KNOW you're gonna get tested? Just don't fucking smoke for two weeks.

I'll never understand how some people think.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense isn't so common.....unfortunately.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis Winston be like...

1422570_784400428237836_2065357175365951010_n.jpg

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all part of the plan. See how these guys need to be paid so they don't go out and steal crab legs!

Similarly...back in the day my buddies went into a bar and stole live lobster from the tank and ran out.