• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heath!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing what an 11-game win streak can do for a team's Power Rankings, which is the third most worthless thing that ESPN does (next to the ESPY's and employing Skip Bayless).

lol, very well played buddy.....very well played.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feeling is mutual. Actually, got back from an Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago where my fiance and I picked up a new gem stone to re-build the ring. Right when we got back to the lower 48, the Director of Park Relations at Magic Mountain called me because they found a ring below The Viper. Turns out it wasn't ours, but I figured we'd get it back right when we started trying to "replace" it.

I've been popping in here to get some solid insight and big laughs every once in awhile, but work has been busy since I was gone for three weeks. I usually miss out on the game threads because I watch with my fiance, parents or friends (World Series Championships really get more people into baseball, go figure), and I'm not usually near a computer.

I should be around for today's, though, because things have slowed down a little at the office. Oh yeah, I'm 9 days away from closing escrow on a condo. That has kept me a little busy, too. Anyway, good to be here (a lot of happy sentiment going around today... gotta love win streaks and beating the Dodgers).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feeling is mutual. Actually, got back from an Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago where my fiance and I picked up a new gem stone to re-build the ring. Right when we got back to the lower 48, the Director of Park Relations at Magic Mountain called me because they found a ring below The Viper. Turns out it wasn't ours, but I figured we'd get it back right when we started trying to "replace" it.

I've been popping in here to get some solid insight and big laughs every once in awhile, but work has been busy since I was gone for three weeks. I usually miss out on the game threads because I watch with my fiance, parents or friends (World Series Championships really get more people into baseball, go figure), and I'm not usually near a computer.

I should be around for today's, though, because things have slowed down a little at the office. Oh yeah, I'm 9 days away from closing escrow on a condo. That has kept me a little busy, too. Anyway, good to be here (a lot of happy sentiment going around today... gotta love win streaks and beating the Dodgers).

Congrats on the new home, man. And keep me in mind if you ever have any entitlement/zoning issues.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, tzill. I appreciate the offer, but my mom is actually a really great attorney, herself (and as of April, I'm officially her paralegal). I'm sure you're maintaining a good amount of billable hours already, so I'll save you the possible commute and excess of e-mails. ;)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, tzill. I appreciate the offer, but my mom is actually a really great attorney, herself (and as of April, I'm officially her paralegal). I'm sure you're maintaining a good amount of billable hours already, so I'll save you the possible commute and excess of e-mails. ;)

Right on, man. What area does she practice in?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on, man. What area does she practice in?

Business litigation. I know how vague that is, but one of her law partners handles incorporation. The other is the rainmaker and used to handle all the trial work. Now my mom is the workhorse while he brings in the clients. She'll work on everything from contract disputes to issues with employees. Lately, it seems like arguments over property lines are popular. Her new associate dabbles in probate since the guy that was "of counsel" and handled that stuff is slowly retiring.

If she had it her way, though, she would do all child advocacy work, but that doesn't pay the bills.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Business litigation. I know how vague that is, but one of her law partners handles incorporation. The other is the rainmaker and used to handle all the trial work. Now my mom is the workhorse while he brings in the clients. She'll work on everything from contract disputes to issues with employees. Lately, it seems like arguments over property lines are popular. Her new associate dabbles in probate since the guy that was "of counsel" and handled that stuff is slowly retiring.

If she had it her way, though, she would do all child advocacy work, but that doesn't pay the bills.

Ah, boundary disputes. Right in my wheelhouse. I'd love to have a practice of nothing but that, but there isn't enough work like that out there.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, boundary disputes. Right in my wheelhouse. I'd love to have a practice of nothing but that, but there isn't enough work like that out there.

Move to the Central Coast! I feel like we have our favorite expert witness land surveyor on speed dial. Lots of Dodger fans and very little culture, but the weather is great and Oprah thinks we're happy. :)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move to the Central Coast! I feel like we have our favorite expert witness land surveyor on speed dial. Lots of Dodger fans and very little culture, but the weather is great and Oprah thinks we're happy. :)

I've actually got an interview coming up in Santa Barbara with a firm there...we shall see...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually got an interview coming up in Santa Barbara with a firm there...we shall see...

Right on. Good luck (though I doubt you need it). That place needs some Bay Area flavor. It's been getting LA-ified for quite some time. I hope you get an offer that you can't refuse.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on. Good luck (though I doubt you need it). That place needs some Bay Area flavor. It's been getting LA-ified for quite some time. I hope you get an offer that you can't refuse.

My wife does too...she desperately wants to move south.

Me, not so much.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to school down in SB, so if you need any good food recommendations, let me know.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife does too...she desperately wants to move south.

Me, not so much.

Understandable. I lived in The City for two years and loved it. My parents were born and raised there, and I know they're incapable of heading any further south than SLO. They actually bought a place in Morro Bay because they missed the fog :-)crazy:). If you end up in SB, I hope you like it. After living in Burlingame, Eugene, OR, The City and South Lake Tahoe in addition to growing up in San Luis Obispo, I don't think I'll ever leave again.