• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks most important players in order

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about this on espn radio today.

The most important players or the players that would be most difficult to replace are imo in order:

1-Russel Wilson-- No explanation needed, Tjack proved he can be a .500 qb but RW holds the keys to playoff success
2- Russel Okung -- Gotta keep the franchise healthy. Okung proved when healthy he's one of the best in the game.
3- Earl Thomas -- ET is such an athletic freak, he allows the hawks to do what they want on D. Bring Kam down to help against the run, leave bb and sherm on islands and have ET play center field.
4- Richard Sherman- True shut down corner, shuts down his half of the field
5- Max Unger - All pro center, makes the oline mates better.
6- -Marshawn Lynch - While there are capable backups, Beast Mode is one of the NFL's best.
7- Brandon Mebane - At times is dominant in the middle, doesn't get a lot of pub but his work makes the LB's jobs easier.
8- Percy Harvin - A deep group of WR last year, Harvin is a special unique talent
9- Bobby Wagner - Man in the middle, had great rookie year, can be pro bowler
10- Cliff Avril- Gotta get that pass rush squared away while Clems out.

This exercise is done in part to tell people to CHILL the heck out, if Harvin is out for a extended period of time the sky is not falling. He is definitely a unique talent but the team is SO deep its still ready to make a super bowl run.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just realized Id put Zach Miller on the list somewhere.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your list gowazzu02!!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Mebane call. He is one of the better interior DLmen in the league but rarely gets credit for his good, consistant play.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The most important players or the players that would be most difficult to replace are imo in order:

1-Russel Wilson-- No explanation needed, Tjack proved he can be a .500 qb but RW holds the keys to playoff success
2- Russel Okung -- Gotta keep the franchise healthy. Okung proved when healthy he's one of the best in the game.
3- Earl Thomas -- ET is such an athletic freak, he allows the hawks to do what they want on D. Bring Kam down to help against the run, leave bb and sherm on islands and have ET play center field.
6- -Marshawn Lynch - While there are capable backups, Beast Mode is one of the NFL's best.
7- Brandon Mebane - At times is dominant in the middle, doesn't get a lot of pub but his work makes the LB's jobs easier.
8- Percy Harvin - A deep group of WR last year, Harvin is a special unique talent

This exercise is done in part to tell people to CHILL the heck out, if Harvin is out for a extended period of time the sky is not falling. He is definitely a unique talent but the team is SO deep its still ready to make a super bowl run.

I think your list is pretty accurate. Would you put Bryant in there? Isn't he pretty key to SEA in terms of stopping the run?

Also, I don't know if Lynch should be on this list as he has two pretty talented guys behind him and if I'm reading this thread correctly the idea of the exercise is who would be the hardest to replace. Am I wrong in assuming that?

Good list though!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your list is pretty accurate. Would you put Bryant in there? Isn't he pretty key to SEA in terms of stopping the run?

Also, I don't know if Lynch should be on this list as he has two pretty talented guys behind him and if I'm reading this thread correctly the idea of the exercise is who would be the hardest to replace. Am I wrong in assuming that?

Good list though!

Lynch is on the list, I presume, because the guys behind him on the depth chart, while talented, are unproven. Turbin is more proven than Michael is (which isn't saying much), but if you talk to Carroll, Lynch is the player that makes this offense tick. Let's just say that he's important enough to the success of the team in the minds of the coaches and fans that nobody wants to find out what would happen if he were to miss significant time, no matter how talented his backups may be.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the list however I would not have had Harvin in the top ten, instead to me you could have added chris clemons for pass rush and health being really important for us, Brandon browner its great to have one shut down CB but two makes your D scary, Michael Roberson helping opening lanes so that Lynch can see the field better and hopefully get 5 to 7 yards down field before getting touched, (after all its not the first touch that lynch needs to worry about.:lol: :omg: image if that first touch is already 20 yards down the field, and I would have added Red Bryant to the list before Harvin.
When Bryant is in the D for are run game is top four, without him (which we had to do before :bawling:) drops to about 15 or worse. To me these guys are all more important than Harvin, Harvin is and was a luxury pick that is/was to push us towards the super bowl. AKA the TO to Philly several years ago which got them to the super bowl. Not saying Harvin is TO on skill level or attitude but that's how I see the Harvin trade and the one thing I would have change about your list.