• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks favored by 3 over SF

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- I think Kaepernick is improving all the time and he may be reaching the point where he is capable of winning in Seattle by dominating a game by himself. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Not yet, Kaep had some "touch" passes in that game that were way off the mark and Christian Ponder could have completed most of the passes to Bouldin who was left uncovered half the time. Don't expect Seattle to leave receivers open like GB did. Kaep also still struggled to get plays off without calling timeout just like last year and this was at home! At the Clink, it will be even harder and it will end up like last year...false starts and wasted time outs. He is progressing, which is not good to see for Hawks fans, but he isn't ready to dominate a game by himself.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet, Kaep had some "touch" passes in that game that were way off the mark and Christian Ponder could have completed most of the passes to Bouldin who was left uncovered half the time. Don't expect Seattle to leave receivers open like GB did. Kaep also still struggled to get plays off without calling timeout just like last year and this was at home! At the Clink, it will be even harder and it will end up like last year...false starts and wasted time outs. He is progressing, which is not good to see for Hawks fans, but he isn't ready to dominate a game by himself.

I agree with one minor exception. Kaep will be able to complete passes between the 20s. That is just the style of defense we play, and we still will not have a good pass rush, even if Avril plays. Whether the receivers can keep a hold of the ball when they get hit is a whole other question.

I actually liked that we played Carolina on the road first as it was a good test of keeping contain on a mobile QB and against a decent defense. Not a Niner defense, but decent. This is going to be a tough, tough game for the Hawks. Niners offense played well, but as we thought, their pass defense is a bit suspect. Our Run defense and ability to get to the QB is suspect and our offense is still sputtering. I'm a Hawk fan, so of course, I like the Hawks at home, but it will be nerve racking. If we had Clemons, Avril and Irvin I would feel a bit better, but as it stands I hope the ball bounces our way and we escape with a victory.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Carolina wasn't as difficult as playing a talented Packer team who's only desire in life was to prove they could beat the Niners, finally.

Can't compare because we played on the road and ya'll played at home. I actually thought you'd beat GB worse but your running game couldn't get untracked and GB's OL is porous, especially at LT. I expected SF to get closer to 6 sacks and maybe a sack/fumble but it didn't happen.

If you haven't been paying attention, the Hawks are typically poor on the road at an early start and especially when we're missing Browner, Avril, Clemons and Irvin. Browner and Avril is a start.

Once we get a few games under our belt, we'll be just fine. I do wish we were playing ya'll closer to week 6 than week 2. Irvin and Clemons are 2 guys that have the speed to track down Kaep if he wants to hold the ball so long. Mathews is great but that's 1 guy to account for.

I still see Kaep struggling with the noise and focusing too much on Boldin.

Kaep was so successful playing pitch and catch with Boldin with no safety help on GB. I believe Burnett was out. You could see that Kaep locked onto Boldin. I don't see that working and 200 yards is an aberration.

Boldin will be held to less than 100. Roman is a great O-Co but that was ridiculously easy.

Not happenin' in Seattle. 27 - 20 Hawks

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not true at all, he had some pinpoint throws and boldin is never really "open". I agree they need to clean up clock management but some of that was getting the plays in.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true at all, he had some pinpoint throws and boldin is never really "open". I agree they need to clean up clock management but some of that was getting the plays in.

Yep, he did have some pinpoint and had some that weren't even close. However I don't think "some" means your ready to dominate a game by yourself, which is what you proclaimed. By NFL standards 2-3 yards separation is "open" and he had that more than once in the game, even that long one on the winning drive, he was wide open.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boldin was open all day. It was pitch and catch. What game were you watching? Do you not remember the 3 wr stack that was run about 15 times that GB could never cover. They missed Barnett and yes, Boldin was wide open. Q ran some nice routes but it was ridiculous how easy it was and Kaep looked for Q and bam it was there.

Kaeps best touch throw was the opening TD to VD. That was a sweet throw.

Head to the smack thread so you can get your Sheep fix. I know you want one.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin wasnt open? What game were you watching?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't compare because we played on the road and ya'll played at home. I actually thought you'd beat GB worse but your running game couldn't get untracked and GB's OL is porous, especially at LT. I expected SF to get closer to 6 sacks and maybe a sack/fumble but it didn't happen.

If you haven't been paying attention, the Hawks are typically poor on the road at an early start and especially when we're missing Browner, Avril, Clemons and Irvin. Browner and Avril is a start.

Once we get a few games under our belt, we'll be just fine. I do wish we were playing ya'll closer to week 6 than week 2. Irvin and Clemons are 2 guys that have the speed to track down Kaep if he wants to hold the ball so long. Mathews is great but that's 1 guy to account for.

I still see Kaep struggling with the noise and focusing too much on Boldin.

Kaep was so successful playing pitch and catch with Boldin with no safety help on GB. I believe Burnett was out. You could see that Kaep locked onto Boldin. I don't see that working and 200 yards is an aberration.

Boldin will be held to less than 100. Roman is a great O-Co but that was ridiculously easy.

Not happenin' in Seattle. 27 - 20 Hawks

Nice write up... Kap did lock onto Boldin... It was all Boldin or Vernon... You just can't compare Seattle's backfield to Green Bay's... It's not even debatable... I wish we did have Clemens and Irvin for this game but it is what it is... Hopefully Browner will be back...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up... Kap did lock onto Boldin... It was all Boldin or Vernon... You just can't compare Seattle's backfield to Green Bay's... It's not even debatable... I wish we did have Clemens and Irvin for this game but it is what it is... Hopefully Browner will be back...

If your top option was constantly running around open, why continue to scan the field? 208 yards later, I'm pretty sure there was no need to look further then #81.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenbay does have a pretty shotty secondary and they were with out Hayword who may be their top person back there. The guy on offense that still scares me more then anyone is Gore. Call me crazy but he always seems to have good games against the Hawks.
The hawks D held a pretty dynamic player in Newton to 7 points on the road. Now we should get Avril and Browner back which would only improve things.