• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have the SF Giants put more pressure on the 49ers to win a SB Title

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bay Area is a very competitive place for the the sports fans dollar and Jed has to be looking at the Giants and wondering why his team can't win a Title. The SF Giants have raised the bar in SF the last 5 years winning it all 3 times and Jed might be feeling some of that heat to win and enjoy the riches like the SF Giants have.

Who knows but it is a interesting thing to talk about. I don't think Jed is a bad dude or anything but he needs to sometimes sit back and think and filter his thoughts before he speaks. I think the 49ers can make a serious run still but putting all that unneeded pressure on himself and the organization to get it done is a mistake.

The one thing the Giants have proven is that everyone is on board TOGETHER and the Giants are the loosest team in baseball when the dance starts.

Jed does need a chill pill and loosen up baby. Everything will start to flow more his way and the organization's way when he learns to relax more and think things through. It all comes back to communication,respect, and playing and working TOGETHER. I wish him good luck because it all starts at the top.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon the Warriors will apply pressure, too (at least I hope they do).

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so! The Giants are the toast of the town right now! 3 rings in 5 years. The has to be some envy! That's just human nature.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is absolutely pressure on all the BA teams now. In '09, the Niners had the most recent BA dynasty (the A's MIGHT beg to differ, but they only won 1 title during their most recent reign). Now the Giants are in the midst of an arguable dynasty.

The Niners run was a LONG time ago, now, so they need to get back to it if the want to remain near the top of the BA sports world.

BA "Dynasties" (I will be liberal with my inclusion)...

'72 - '74 A's (3 championships)
'81 - '94 49ers (5 championships)
'88 - '90 A's (1 championship, 3 AL championships)
'10 - current Giants (3 championships)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is absolutely pressure on all the BA teams now. In '09, the Niners had the most recent BA dynasty (the A's MIGHT beg to differ, but they only won 1 title during their most recent reign). Now the Giants are in the midst of an arguable dynasty.

The Niners run was a LONG time ago, now, so they need to get back to it if the want to remain near the top of the BA sports world.

That is very liberal. Minimum 3 championships to be a dynasty, IMHO. I haven't heard anybody argue until now that the late 80's, early 90's A's could be considered a dynasty. They were very, very good though and they should've been a dynasty. I was very disappointed that they lost to the Dodgers in '88 and the Reds in '90, especially the Dodgers, obviously. They should've lost in '89 instead.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the Giants have done is amazing. Very rare in baseball these days.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon the Warriors will apply pressure, too (at least I hope they do).

Man I hope so. I want to take my son to a game this year, but the ticket prices have really jumped since we last went a couple of years ago

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Giants have done is amazing. Very rare in baseball these days.

:agree: Baseball is the ultimate team sport. Who would have envisioned Ishikawa hitting the homerun that clinched the pennant? He was cut by the Pirates in the summer and then was signed by the Giants to a minor league contract.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Titles in other sports has no real effect the other teams. There might be some extra pride added onto the organization and players to prove themselves, but really it doesn't change expectations.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Baseball is the ultimate team sport. Who would have envisioned Ishikawa hitting the homerun that clinched the pennant? He was cut by the Pirates in the summer and then was signed by the Giants to a minor league contract.

I remember watching him come to the plate and thinking Damn, he is gonna get out.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching him come to the plate and thinking Damn, he is gonna get out.

I had faith that he'd do something good (not home run good; more like a hit or a walk). That's what the Giants' recent run of success has done. It makes you think positive. Hopefully, they can share some of that good karma with the Niners.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely having an effect on Jed...watching others win has a certain contagiousness...in fact I remeber the 49ers stating they needed to watch the Giants to learn how to close. The Giants do it by being closers primarily. They don't win every game nor do they look all that dominate but when the rocks are on the line they get er done...same way with the A's of 1974 era. The warriors are new at this but they did make the first right decision...they hired the right coach..and one who wasn't expected to do so well so quickly..but sometimes you get lucky finding a young pup of a coach who know his x's &o's. Great hire there on the coach...are you paying attention Jed? You might get lucky but more often than not you might make a mistake when you lose a bonfires winner....so now we wait and see if we fish or cut bait.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question for fans of both the Niners and Giants: Would you trade away one of the SF Giants 3 championships for a Niner Super Bowl win during the Harbaugh era?

I say no because 3 WS trophies in 5 years is special. On the other hand, if Harbaugh had won a Super Bowl, not only would we have a 6th Super Bowl trophy, but we would probably still have Coach Harbaugh around.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like we are cutting bait with the Tomsula hire...reload is total BS ..we are in rebuild mode just treading water at best and won't be relevant for some time to come...decade slipping away

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges, two different sets of money rules. Sure the uneducated sports fan may think this, but this isn't a high school popularity contest. Sure we had a dynasty and legacy attached to the franchise, but the reality of the situation is the FA and HC carousel spins at a ridiculous speed along with the confines of cash in the NFL. Harbs and Fox are prime examples of this (Fisher excluded somehow). I blame it on social media...yes that was a joke...but seriously, I blame all of this on Zuckerberg...

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are cutting bait with the Tomsula hire...reload is total BS ..we are in rebuild mode just treading water at best and won't be relevant for some time to come...decade slipping away

Rarely does a new HC come in an retain any semblance of the former staff. Besides Fangio, Tomsula, and the Rath...the rest of the coaches can kick rocks. Zero growth or improvement in those areas. Good riddance. Fangio is under contract for a year so I'd be surprised to hear he even lands anywhere near the NFC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rarely does a new HC come in an retain any semblance of the former staff. Besides Fangio, Tomsula, and the Rath...the rest of the coaches can kick rocks. Zero growth or improvement in those areas. Good riddance. Fangio is under contract for a year so I'd be surprised to hear he even lands anywhere near the NFC.

I think Donatell has done a good job with the secondary. I would have liked to retain the defensive staff as as possible. Other than possibly Solari, I don't mind seeing the rest of the offensive staff gone