• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hate to bring this up

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was completely oblivious during the 02/03 season we won the cup
I was in Iraq from march 03- march 04 but i did get to watch game 7
why did Jean-Sebastien Giguere win the conn smythe
his numbers were only slightly better but marty had 7 shutouts
they only scored in 4 of the seven games against him

can anyone help me out with this

again sorry to revisit this

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was completely oblivious during the 02/03 season we won the cup
I was in Iraq from march 03- march 04 but i did get to watch game 7
why did Jean-Sebastien Giguere win the conn smythe
his numbers were only slightly better but marty had 7 shutouts
they only scored in 4 of the seven games against him

can anyone help me out with this

again sorry to revisit this

Because people suck.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty should've won it..he did have 7 shutouts as well as I think 3 in those finals. BUT the Ducks were a great story and Giguere had an amazing postseason as well. I hate to use the "everyone hates the Devils" excuse but that was just another example of it.

I could've understood it a lot more had the Devs won the Cup this past season and Quick won the Conn Smythe.

Giguere carried that team but Marty not winning it was a joke.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I hate, aside from the fact Marty outplayed him in the finals, is in the WCF Giguere faced the offensive juggernaut Minnesota Wild, coached by a guy known for having high flying teams that really open the ice up, Jacques Lemaire. Factor that into whatever stats he had that postseason and it's a bit of a joke.

Spam only

Holy Hell
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate hearing the excuse about the league hating the devils
and never wanted to feed into it

but holy hell ive seen a lot the last couple seasons that really make me question my stance
and the one that really kills me is us violating "The Spirit of the CBA"

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giguere had one of the most impressive series ever in the first round against a superstar Detroit team. The media was all over him from the start and never let up.

Meanwhile, the Devils were ultimately the entire team contributing at a high level to win the cup. Langs/Madden/Pando was probably the best line to play in the playoffs over the past 10 years. Friesen provided clutch goals all playoffs long. Niedermayer led the team in points and was dominant throughout the playoffs. Lastly, Marty posted one of the most impressive playoff runs in recent memory with the record for shutouts in a playoff and rolling out 3 shutouts in the finals.

The media attention on Giguere from dominating the Red Wings along with split voting between all the viable Devils players led to Giguere winning.

I was bitter for a while but I look at it as a positive now. They weren't the most talented but they played exceptionally well as a team. Its only fitting that no individual was recognized above the rest with an MVP award.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed about this but it may be because I work with a Duck fan and it's all he has on me... there is nooo reason for him to win, Marty out played him from game one and the thing people forget is he not only had 3 SO's in the finals but he lost a game 1-0 in OT

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the devils finished them off before 7 marty wouldve won it. Just like if the devils got this final to a 7. Barrig a game 7 blow out Marty would've got it win or lose.

Giggy kept the ducks in the series wish the devils took 1 in California and sealed it before it got to 7

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Duck fan? Never heard of such a thing

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's weird.. but he was young when they came in and he liked the movie so he started cheering for them and I guess it stuck

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spam only:

The reason Giguere won the MVP was based off of the 3 previous playoff opponents for the Devils and Ducks. The Devils got no credit for beating Boston or Tampa. We would find out the next season that the Lightning were better than people thought as they won a Cup of their own. The Devils beat the best team in the league in the ECF's when they beat Ottawa. Still, no credit for that either.

The Ducks were given a ton of credit for beating Detroit and Dallas. Detroit was very good, but Dallas wasn't great and Marty Turco chokes in the playoffs. Then, Giguere himself got a ton of credit for shuting the Wild out in 3 of the 4 games. As has been mentioned, the Wild didn't have much offense and I still can't believe the media was so amazed at what the Ducks did in that series.

Martin Brodeur not winning the MVP during the 2003 Cup run was a freaking crime and it's sad. And yes, the league and that puke, Bettman can not stand the Devils. Just the way it is. Always hoped Marty would get another chance and he did but between the Devils screwing themselves by going down in the series then the league scewing us when we were coming on strong...........

Would also like to Thank you for your service!

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed about this but it may be because I work with a Duck fan and it's all he has on me... there is nooo reason for him to win, Marty out played him from game one and the thing people forget is he not only had 3 SO's in the finals but he lost a game 1-0 in OT

Tell him he's a fuckin loser

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell him that almost every day lol..... I can understand how he ended up a Duck fan because I became a Devil fan for a silly reason when I was a kid... I used to be a HUGE Oiler fan until Wayne Gretzky said the Devils were a Mickey Mouse team, it made me mad and I started cheering for NJD