• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the statute of limitations run out for Peyton's sexual assault?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that was 20 years ago and the case was settled. Why do you bring this crap up right after the SB? Why didn't you bring it up last year?

OT to his defense, every sports page you look at today has this story, not something he just brought up. I agree that it's a non story

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that was 20 years ago and the case was settled. Why do you bring this crap up right after the SB? Why didn't you bring it up last year?

See above.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think they should re-open the case, that was settled 20 years ago?

In the court of public opinion, yes. I approve of it being reopened.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's true of Bronco fans.

But while I'd heard of the basic assault, it was the first I heard of the ongoing harassment or the various cover-up shenanigans.

Recently I posted in another forum that the assault was the only bad-behavior black mark on his record. I was wrong.

So I guess we are just going to ignore the part about how she changed her story 8 years after the fact when she could get at on of money? I guess we really are just going to let her side of the story be complete fact that all of this happened the way she said it did. That the ongoing harassment is just fact or that the cover-ups all happened. Good to know people aren't jumping to conclusions like last year with deflategate.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it just plain stupid to drag Manning into the muck 20 years after an incident, just to salvage some respectability for Cam Newton.

You don't try to make one person look good by making another look bad.

My first question is why did it take 20 years for this to resurface? And why now? Oh thats right someone has an axe to grind and a social agenda to tackle.

I am not saying this incident didn't happen or Manning didn't act poorly to include criminal. But you don't wait 20 years to assassinate his character. If anything Manning has built a quality reputation in the sport and has not had a career littered with character flaws or issues. The man is getting ready to retire so we attack him?

If at any time in his career he acted as poorly as Cam Newton did I can't remember it. And I will use Cam as the writer is trying to make him look less than the total DB he appeared after the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning may have made a juvenile mistake and UT may have covered it up but this article implies he was so reprehensible he could not redeem himself? After 20 years?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess we are just going to ignore the part about how she changed her story 8 years after the fact when she could get at on of money? I guess we really are just going to let her side of the story be complete fact that all of this happened the way she said it did. That the ongoing harassment is just fact or that the cover-ups all happened. Good to know people aren't jumping to conclusions like last year with deflategate.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good outrage. Shaun King certainly wouldn't.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT to his defense, every sports page you look at today has this story, not something he just brought up. I agree that it's a non story
Yeah, but this thread doesn't hold any water. The case was settled over 20 years ago.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so of course Clintons sexual assaults were acceptable since he did not use roofies?

Did Manning use roofies?

Oh cool. Perfectly acceptable. Please stop me if I am not following your logic.

Cause it sure appears as though in your world clinton simply could do no wrong.

Either way, there certainly appears to be a clear double standard with how clinton is treated as opposed to how Cosby is treated by the types I mentioned.

I am just wondering if anyone knows Shaun kings stance is on that. Considering how this situation is a race thing in his book.

You brought Cosby into the discussion, to try and sidetrack it into some imagined double standard.

Carry on.

I'm not buying it, but carry on.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the court of public opinion, yes. I approve of it being reopened.
LOL, what public opinion? You are in the minority in wanting the case re-opened. Who's going to pay for the case to be re-opened?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but this thread doesn't hold any water. The case was settled over 20 years ago.

I agree just off-season BS. I go to MSN, ESPN,USA Today,CBSSports, they all have this friggin story and I'm sick of it already

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree just off-season BS. I go to MSN, ESPN,USA Today,CBSSports, they all have this friggin story and I'm sick of it already
I quit reading sports websites for awhile last year due to the incessant deflategate nonsense. I'm sensing something similar happening this year if this goes on much longer.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - crazy. I also saw that Howard Bryant wrote a column on ESPN where he acted all high & mighty against Manning. Hmm - I guess that he forgot that he was fighting domestic abuse charges not that long ago. Hypocrite.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but why are we even listening to the OP?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the court filing cited in the article has she or anybody else recanted?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit reading sports websites for awhile last year due to the incessant deflategate nonsense. I'm sensing something similar happening this year if this goes on much longer.

Supposedly he has a lot more information that he is going to release over the next few weeks that are pretty damning about Manning and his image.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone of these media sites could have investigated this story 20 years ago or even 10. But no we wait until a social crusader has an axe to grind with the way Cam Newton is treated? And lo and behold a story falls in his lap about one of the most prominent white NFL players of the last 15 years! I am calling BS.

The timing is just way to coincidental for me. But it has taken Cam's behavior of the front page of the click bait sites.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never heard of the assault/alleged mooning, the defamation claim, and the alleged cover up before Saturday.

That's why it seemed unusual. I thought before Saturday Manning indeed was squeaky clean except for the HGH allegations.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If at any time in his career he acted as poorly as Cam Newton did I can't remember it.

Short memory.

What has Newton does that's as bad as sending thugs to pressure the HGH guy to recant his story?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone of these media sites could have investigated this story 20 years ago or even 10. But no we wait until a social crusader has an axe to grind with the way Cam Newton is treated? And lo and behold a story falls in his lap about one of the most prominent white NFL players of the last 15 years! I am calling BS.

The timing is just way to coincidental for me. But it has taken Cam's behavior of the front page of the click bait sites.

The vastly worse Cosby stuff blew up only because some random comedian made a joke about it.