• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin officially a full go for Saturday

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video: Harvin to play against the Saints | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times
Video: Carroll talks Harvin and Saints | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

In interviews today both Percy and coach Carroll stated he is a full go this week. He will be returning kickoffs and has no limitations of any kind. He has been a part of every practice this week and last week and has no issues either making his full cuts and moves or in pain or stiffness afterward.

So does adding Percy at this late date change anyone's mind on the outcome of this game? Do you think it will add another dimension, or are you of the mindset it could disrupt the rhythm of the offense and could actually be a distraction or otherwise be a negative?

I know one thing for sure, it's going to add an entertainment factor to the game.

Harvin is coming Saints. You ready? :yahoo:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is coming Saints. You ready?

dafoe.gif.pagespeed.ce.-Ps_FD0Cts.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the return of Percy Harvin will be VERY big for our offense. He amassed 85 scrimmage yards per game in 2012, and that was with Christian Ponder at QB, who is only a fraction as good as Russell Wilson. I think it frees up Golden Tate from some of the defensive coverage, too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the return of Percy Harvin will be VERY big for our offense. He amassed 85 scrimmage yards per game in 2012, and that was with Christian Ponder at QB, who is only a fraction as good as Russell Wilson. I think it frees up Golden Tate from some of the defensive coverage, too.

:agree::10:

We got a brief glimpse of him against the Vikings and I liked what I saw. Especially if he's returning kick offs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be on kickoff duty as well as receiving. That was confirmed by both Harvin and Carroll today.

Just him being on the field will change the game, even if he never touches the ball. It's going to be raining and windy. Doubt they are able to kick the ball through the end zone on kick offs and they'd be fools to kick it directly to him so we may see a lot of squib kicks that give us good field position.

On offense the Saints are going to have to respect his ability and won't be able to simply double cover Tate all day. Luke Wilson will be back as well so now several guys might be facing single coverage with Percy out there and will get some more looks at passes.

If Crabtree coming back made SF better what does adding a supposed healthy Harvin do for Seattle?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fun fact: Percy Harvin's last playoff game was in 2009.... also against the Saints. Harvin had 86 all-purpose yds

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does adding Percy at this late date change anyone's mind on the outcome of this game? Do you think it will add another dimension, or are you of the mindset it could disrupt the rhythm of the offense and could actually be a distraction or otherwise be a negative?

With all due respect, Wiz - 'rhythm' is not the term that comes to mind when watching SEA's O. Now their D .....

I don't see how this could be construed as anything but good news for the Hawks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start spreading the news....

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is good new's but like you said do RW and Harvin have that good rhythm? most likely not too polished of course.

But i was just watching King5 local news not five minutes ago and they talked to Harvin and he said he has been bike riding and swimming etc since the Vike's game and that there was some soreness so they decided to rehab him more rather than play him to the point where with multi runs,cut's etc anything he would experience in a game and have zero stiffness and soreness and he said there has been none for two weeks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, Wiz - 'rhythm' is not the term that comes to mind when watching SEA's O. Now their D .....

I don't see how this could be construed as anything but good news for the Hawks.

I'm with you, but there are always some who might question if adding a player who hasn't played more than a couple of downs all year and has never built any kind of rapport with Wilson might disrupt things.

As I already said, even if he doesn't make a single catch he will have an impact because others will be open just because the Saints have to burn resources to keep Harvin at bay. I don't care what his final stats are for the game, his presence on the field will have been more than those stats.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in another thread I'm looking forward to him playing simply because I'm excited to see our biggest new acquisition finally hit the field.

I think if he stays healthy, he could be a huge boost to the offense. Aside from the offensive line, one of the bigger problems with the Seahawks offense was the WRs inability to gain separation from DBs. With Percy Harvin out there this becomes less of a problem.

I also like it because it takes more attention away from Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin. Tate has improved this year despite being the #1 guy for most of the year. If you put someone else on the field that takes the spotlight away from Tate, I think you could see him better able to get separation and find the holes in coverage. Tate is a good blocker, has good hands, can make a spectacular catch, extremely explosive with the ball in his hands but really does struggle running his routes, that is the biggest hole in his game. Putting someone on the field like Harvin could really have a huge positive impact for Tate.

I've been an open critic of Tate's at times, but with Harvin out on the field I think this could really be a big boost for Golden Tate.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN:
With receiver Percy Harvin back in the lineup , the Seattle Seahawks ' offense is now even more versatile and dangerous than it was when the New Orleans Saints faced Seattle last month. It is a scary thought, considering the Saints' defense had more problems against the Seahawks than it has had against any other offense all season.

He "absolutely [adds a degree of difficulty]," Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said of Harvin, a fast and elusive receiver. "He's had a couple weeks to get healthy and get back with [offensive coordinator Darrell] Bevell and that offense, and they do a great job. And they do a hell of a job of using all of his talents. One time he's lining up at running back then at receiver. And hell, they'll put him at center, probably, and hike the ball. So he's all over the place."

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, count me as surprised. I thought it was a ploy. Now the question becomes how effective will he be?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge boost for the Hawks that's for sure

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, count me as surprised. I thought it was a ploy. Now the question becomes how effective will he be?

Yeah we'll see. Hes probably a bit rusty. But if all he does is take Keenan Lewis off of Golden Tate, then its a huge boost.

Harvin could get 0 yards if he takes the coverage away from Tater and allows him to have 1-1 coverage (that isn't lewis)

PS: Is lewis really a shut down corner? He really held DJack last week in check.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we'll see. Hes probably a bit rusty. But if all he does is take Keenan Lewis off of Golden Tate, then its a huge boost.

Harvin could get 0 yards if he takes the coverage away from Tater and allows him to have 1-1 coverage (that isn't lewis)

PS: Is lewis really a shut down corner? He really held DJack last week in check.

yep. it definitely could affect the saints game plan and that would be a plus for the seahawks.