• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin injured today

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Percy Harvin though goes way beyond whether he played in a game or not. Playing 1 snap in a game counts as actually having played in the game. Harvin when on the field makes an impact for sure. Games that he has played in though he still struggles to be on the actual field. The most snaps he has actually taken in a season is 650. That is about half of the actual snaps a team takes in a season. So really Harvin can be counted on to essentially play 8 games worth of snaps a season at most. This includes his special teams snaps so on offense it is even less than that.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Percy Harvin though goes way beyond whether he played in a game or not. Playing 1 snap in a game counts as actually having played in the game. Harvin when on the field makes an impact for sure. Games that he has played in though he still struggles to be on the actual field. The most snaps he has actually taken in a season is 650. That is about half of the actual snaps a team takes in a season. So really Harvin can be counted on to essentially play 8 games worth of snaps a season at most. This includes his special teams snaps so on offense it is even less than that.

This. Like I said, if he plays in 8 games this year, it'll be a major victory for us. I'll believe it when I see it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Won't surprise anyone if Harvin missed some time, Seahawks have some depth this year at WR, so hopefully they will be fine. Couple of rookies that should contribute and Bates is looking like the next blue collar player that could be solid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your confident that he'll play 13 plus games? He's brittle enough that nobody else on this board feels he will. If he plays more than 8 regular season games, it'll be a miracle.

8 games is low, I think he starts all 16 but i've been wrong before.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't surprise anyone if Harvin missed some time, Seahawks have some depth this year at WR, so hopefully they will be fine. Couple of rookies that should contribute and Bates is looking like the next blue collar player that could be solid.

Really with Harvin it isn't that you need him to play 60-80 snaps a game. With him it is maximizing his time on the field like they did in the Super Bowl. Yes it would be nice for you guys if he could play every snap but if he can impact say 20-30 snaps a game those snaps could be well worth his contract. He truly is one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL. Teams just have to know how to use such a weapon without blowing up the barrel from overuse kind of thing.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is healthy and ready to go. He's been looking like a beast all through camp.

It's understandable the disappointment after him missing all those games last year, but a few games of him blowing doors off will sooth all the nervousness.

What we saw in the SB is just a taste of what's coming in 2014.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the Harvin health myth. He played basically every game for 3 straight seasons, but the past two he only played 8 games........so its really a crap shoot.

Thing about Seattle is they won the superbowl without him last year. So anything he brings to the table is gravy.

Be special for a hand full of plays a game, then watch as the beast and D chew up other teams.

LoudAndProud12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I was preparing myself for some bad news. They need to seriously keep Harvin in a bubble until the season starts.

LoudAndProud12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is glass. Stop pretending.

Niners fans have no shame lol. You really have the gall to show your face in here after we made good on your billboard challenge? That's funny.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan I gotta say I don't miss dealing with him at all, thanks for the first and third round picks and good luck.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key for Harvin is that we don't overuse him. He is not a big guy and he has a tendency to put his body at risk with his style of play.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's NaVorro Bowman feeling?

Come on man, we are better than those 9'er punks. Rise above that BS. I can hate the 9'ers and many of their fans, but I never want to see anyone injured and certainly won't be making light of it. Do the classy thing and take that back.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice how much the passing game opened up, even when we didn't throw to him, with him just being out there.

You saw how the Chargers D had to commit resources to cover him. The Zach Miller catch a perfect example. Harvin lines up on the outside, ran the go, the CB ofcourse commited, but then the S bit as well running over to cover him. Zach Miller had the entire middle of the field to himself and boom.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at you with your 40 posts feeling brave enough to come talk smack to Hawks fans on their board.

That drink you are enjoying in your lame avatar is the last time you will have anything to celebrate for the near future, at least football related. Your team is yesterday's news and your new stadium? :pound: Yeah, I want a $25 fucking cheeseburger and a $75 beer at a totally generic looking facility.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dean-wormer-meme-generator-fat-drunk-and-stupid-is-no-way-to-go-through-life-son-730e05.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretending? WTF? I already posted that nobody would be surprised if Harvin missing some games. I suggest you stop wishing, because it won't even matter. The Seahawks would still win this division over the 49ers. Hell after watching the ass whooping they just took from the Bronco's, I'd start worrying about the 49ers, if I was you.