• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harrison Barnes

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me first start by saying, WOOHOO!

I'm assuming he's slated to start at the 3? In that case our starting lineup, if healthy, would look like:

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Not too shabby!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming he's slated to start at the 3? In that case our starting lineup, if healthy, would look like:

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Not too shabby!

From not having a pick to getting Harrison Barnes...? Noice!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Not too shabby!

Just to add to this, we have Charles Jenkins, Brandon Rush, Jeremy Tyler, Richard Jefferson and Biens off the bench as of now. That is a pretty solid bench too, plus we'll probably upgrade at the center and pg (with a vet) spot.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some Paul Pierce in his game.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Harrison Barnes
David Lee
Andrew Bogut

Not too shabby!

I bet Rush is the starter out of the gate...or maybe Jefferson. If Barnes can come off the bench, hit some threes and play some defense, I'll be happy.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys think he dropped so far? Just further evidence of how strong a draft this is?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bet Rush is the starter out of the gate...or maybe Jefferson. If Barnes can come off the bench, hit some threes and play some defense, I'll be happy.

Rush is a 2-guard. He's not starting at the SF. Dorell Wright and Richard Jefferson are Barnes' only rivals for the starting job.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush is a 2-guard. He's not starting at the SF. Dorell Wright and Richard Jefferson are Barnes' only rivals for the starting job.

Wright will most certainly be moved before the season starts and if Jefferson comes in to camp in good shape I think he starts the season off as the starter. I think Barnes' minutes will be somewhat similar to Klay's to start last year. Jackson and Co will likely be pressing hard for a playoff spot and can't really afford to let him learn on the job, right away. I could see him at some point in the season taking over, but to start the year, it's going to be Jefferson's. That's my prediction.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to throw out this comparison that I've picked up on since before we drafted him. When looking at Pierce's college stats, remember to stop at his sophomore stats in reference to the comparison.

Paul Pierce Past Stats, Playoff Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards

Harrison Barnes Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - North Carolina Tar Heels - ESPN

I can't find his college scouting report (I wish I could). He wasn't a very good defender in college, though now he's a great one. These two a more similar than some might want to believe. I think this team is a perfect fit for Barnes. I think this team will allow him to focus on playing lock down defense, while being a more efficient shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BAzagOYYP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUOEv0eL2U

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to throw out this comparison that I've picked up on since before we drafted him. When looking at Pierce's college stats, remember to stop at his sophomore stats in reference to the comparison.

Paul Pierce Past Stats, Playoff Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards

Harrison Barnes Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - North Carolina Tar Heels - ESPN

I can't find his college scouting report (I wish I could). He wasn't a very good defender in college, though now he's a great one. These two a more similar than some might want to believe. I think this team is a perfect fit for Barnes. I think this team will allow him to focus on playing lock down defense, while being a more efficient shooter.

Paul Pierce - Kansas highlights - YouTube

2011-2012 Harrison Barnes Highlights - YouTube

The highlight clips they showed of Barnes during the draft was a friggin clone of the moves Pierce does in the NBA. I can't wait to watch him.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the W's starting 5, Bogut is going to have to remain that solid defender that he is considering Lee is not a very good defender at all and Barnes comes in with some question marks on the defensive end of his game.

With that said, the W's really had a nice draft this year with their top 3 picks being good value players. Not that I think the Dubbs would have drafted him if he was there at 30, but PJIII was taken 2 picks ahead of where Ezeli was taken. That was a nice steal for OKC right there. However, Ezeli provides a solid defensive need for the 5 position in case Bogut is out again and since Biedrins is a string bean, the Dubbs need a center with power and defensive awareness.

The thing about Green is that he's a classic tweener. The guy has a nice all around solid court game but the W's have made it a habit of drafting, signing, or trading for players who are stuck between two positions (Diogu, Fortson, Biedrins, even Curry, etc). Finding him PT, however, shouldn't be a problem.

Now if the W's can get back court help for Curry unless they think Jenkins can fill the role.