• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh interview with Colin Cowherd...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insults aside, why not all 3? Or, keep MSU then play USC and FSU later. What's there to run from? I'd rather see my program lose to the best than beat some nobodies.

It's more than 3. Last year we played West Virgina to start the season. This year we play Wisconsin. Next year we play USC, and then we play Florida St. 2018 and 2019 are open, but 2020 we will play someone in Dallas to open the season.

So really, you don't know what you are talking about if you think Alabama doesn't play anyone.

While everyone else is playing cupcakes, Alabama opens the season with quality games.

There is nothing to run from. Anyone who thinks schools are scared to play each other is stupid. That's just bullshit fans say because they can.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe fans are unaware, but this is incorrect. The replacement games were Western Kentucky (2016) and Fresno State (2017).

Both USC and Florida State home openers on neutral sights were already agreed to when Alabama cancelled the home and home with Michigan State. They first replaced the 2016 game with Western Kentucky, then later the 2017 game with Fresno State.

Alabama Replaces Michigan State with Western Kentucky on 2016 Schedule | Eleven Warriors

Alabama to play Fresno State in 2017, improving solid schedule - CBSSports.com

So, Alabama could have played all 3 of them, but chose not to.

:L

Alabama already has the toughest schedule in college football for these years, and now you are bitching you think they should add more?

The dates aren't the issue, the entire strength of the schedule is.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were all agreed upon after Michigan State was dropped due to cost of going to East Lansing, I mean uncertainty in the SEC schedule.

Like it or not the SEC schedule did change dramatically after we added Missouri and A&M. The SEC is now playing conference games weeks before everyone else does. Or to put it another way - the SEC now has conference games during the weeks when most OOC scheduling happens.

Not that I really care why Alabama canceled.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not the SEC schedule did change dramatically after we added Missouri and A&M. The SEC is now playing conference games weeks before everyone else does. Or to put it another way - the SEC now has conference games during the weeks when most OOC scheduling happens.

Not that I really care why Alabama canceled.
That had nothing to do with the dropping of games and everything to do with the fake scare of a 9 game SEC schedule which you are conveniently pretending to play ignorant to. Homers gotta homer.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more than 3. Last year we played West Virgina to start the season. This year we play Wisconsin. Next year we play USC, and then we play Florida St. 2018 and 2019 are open, but 2020 we will play someone in Dallas to open the season.

So really, you don't know what you are talking about if you think Alabama doesn't play anyone.

While everyone else is playing cupcakes, Alabama opens the season with quality games.

There is nothing to run from. Anyone who thinks schools are scared to play each other is stupid. That's just bullshit fans say because they can.
And at the end of the season while others are playing conference games you are playing an FCS cupcake.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Michigan fan by any means, and even before Harbaugh started coaching at our rival school I already knew with 100% certainty that he was an asshole. But I didn't think he gave weird responses at all, I thought that was 100% on Cowherd asking stupid questions. "You seem to have bought in more here at Michigan than in your last jobs..." "... ugh I agree?" I mean yes, he was trying to set him up to say certain things, but they were really just stupid questions. And then I completely saw it the same way Harbaugh did with the buy question. You don't call a whole football conference a bye and expect to be on the if good side. And speaking to a football coach, even if you say "a buy" he's going to hear "a bye." Say buying stock at least, or anything that makes a bit of sense. A bye is really the only way to hear that, because it's the only way that phrase is used in regards to football.

Anyways after that point I think the interview was lost.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had nothing to do with the dropping of games and everything to do with the fake scare of a 9 game SEC schedule which you are conveniently pretending to play ignorant to. Homers gotta homer.

I don't care why Alabama canceled. Why should I? Because you complain about it every chance you get?

The only reason we are even having a discussion is because you keep trying to claim Alabama somehow lied to Michigan St. As far as the game itself goes, don't even remotely give a fuck about it.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how everyone focuses on the "buy-bye". It's not like Harbaugh was knocking it out of the park before he got tripped up by the evil cowturd.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at the end of the season while others are playing conference games you are playing an FCS cupcake.

Alabama plays LSU, Miss ST, FCS, and Auburn to end the season, in that order.

I'm fine with it. Only stupid people think it has to do with anything other than playing Auburn.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care why Alabama canceled. Why should I? Because you complain about it every chance you get?

The only reason we are even having a discussion is because you keep trying to claim Alabama somehow lied to Michigan St. As far as the game itself goes, don't even remotely give a fuck about it.
No, Alabama has lied time and time again about why the game was canceled to us. if you like being lied to, you can keep bending over and taking it from Alabama as you swallow the idea of paying $100 a ticket for Charleston Southern and Western Kentucky as your quality home OOC games.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama plays LSU, Miss ST, FCS, and Auburn to end the season, in that order.

I'm fine with it. Only stupid people think it has to do with anything other than playing Auburn.
Does it really matter when you play the cupcake? You were trying to pawn it off as if you aren't playing the cupcake.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Alabama has lied time and time again about why the game was canceled to us. if you like being lied to, you can keep bending over and taking it from Alabama as you swallow the idea of paying $100 a ticket for Charleston Southern and Western Kentucky as your quality home OOC games.

Really? Bill Battle is sending Michigan St notes on a regular basis as to why the game was canceled? That's pretty damn interesting.

If people pay $100 a ticket for those games, then that's pretty damn awesome. Don't you wish your fanbase was that good?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Alabama already has the toughest schedule in college football for these years, and now you are bitching you think they should add more?

The dates aren't the issue, the entire strength of the schedule is.

I'm just discussing the fact that Bama is running from Sparty. If they already have "the toughest schedule in college football" then why is the entire strength of schedule an issue?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter when you play the cupcake? You were trying to pawn it off as if you aren't playing the cupcake.

Apparently it does to everyone else. I don't generally care when you play your cupcakes.

My point was more towards it being a high quality game to start the season and is thus one of the most entertaining games of a week that is filled with teams beating up on cupcakes.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it does to everyone else. I don't generally care when you play your cupcakes.

My point was more towards it being a high quality game to start the season and is thus one of the most entertaining games of a week that is filled with teams beating up on cupcakes.
As an Ohio State fan, I would much prefer to play Hawaii the week before we play Xichigan. Instead, we get MSU, a physically punishing team.

So, yea, I do think it makes a difference. Could be wrong, but being able to rest our starters for 3/4 of that game instead of playing 4 quarters might just help.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just discussing the fact that Bama is running from Sparty.

Well have fun with that. If you believe the AD's of schools are making these choices out of "fear", then there isn't much to discuss. Especially when the last time Alabama played Michigan St in 2010 it was like Alabama was playing a cupcake.

If they already have "the toughest schedule in college football" then why is the entire strength of schedule an issue?

Not even sure what you are talking about here. Alabama has the toughest schedule in college football - it's not an issue.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why run from Sparty? What's one more top opponent?

Putting words in my mouth. Just wondering why stop at MSU? Why so afraid of East Lansing? Does he have warrants there? Bastard children? Or is he just afraid to lose?

Obviously MSU is not afraid to play Bama. Obviously Bama is not afraid to play Western Kentucky or Fresno State. Obviously Bama is not afraid to play State in Alabama. Obviously Bama is afraid to play MSU in East Lansing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is not necessarily a "high quality game" if you are playing Vandy or Kentucky, while others are playing cupcakes like Oregon

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Ohio State fan, I would much prefer to play Hawaii the week before we play Xichigan. Instead, we get MSU, a physically punishing team.

So, yea, I do think it makes a difference. Could be wrong, but being able to rest our starters for 3/4 of that game instead of playing 4 quarters might just help.

Auburn agrees. That's why they have a FCS school before they play Alabama as well.

And so does the majority of SEC teams, because they like to schedule bye weeks before Alabama. Tennessee is our other rival, they have a bye week before our game, while Alabama is playing A&M. In 2010, 6 of the 8 SEC teams Alabama played had bye weeks before Alabama. I think next year it's 4 or 5 of the 8.

LSU gets a bye before Alabama as well, but Alabama gets a bye before LSU so that kind of cancels out.

Only way Alabama gets relief from this is if the SEC schedules a conference game for that team the week before.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn agrees. That's why they have a FCS school before they play Alabama as well.

And so does the majority of SEC teams, because they like to schedule bye weeks before Alabama. Tennessee is our other rival, they have a bye week before our game, while Alabama is playing A&M. In 2010, 6 of the 8 SEC teams Alabama played had bye weeks before Alabama. I think next year it's 4 or 5 of the 8.

LSU gets a bye before Alabama as well, but Alabama gets a bye before LSU so that kind of cancels out.

Only way Alabama gets relief from this is if the SEC schedules a conference game for that team the week before.
Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss State, Tennessee , Arkansas are such a tough bunch of teams. The fake mystique of the SEC as being world beaters is a joke.