• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh interview with Colin Cowherd...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're confident running from Sparty? Interesting. Thought you Bama folk were tougher than that.

The replacement games were USC and Florida St.

I'll take those 2 games over a home and home with Michigan St every single day of the week and so will the majority of the country that will be watching both of them.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if this is what tarnished feels like, I am all for it. Tarnish away, I hope Saban oxidizes the fuck out of our program for at least 10 more years. Another beat down on Michigan would be nice too...hopefully on the way to title #5 or 6, lol.

I wonder if this stuff would work on the Reggie Bush Heisman Trophy?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to state that the interview is the reason they didn't go to Michigan but we will never know if it will play a role in their decision or the influence of a parent.

Exactly.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about MI fans. I didn't even know he took his shirt off.

How? He chickened out vs. a team he probably would have beaten anyways. This after trying to change the rules because he lost to Auburn. You can love Bama but even Bama fans have to admit they wish none of this were true about Saban being cowardly.
How did he chicken out? I'm confused on that. I don't like it but he chose two teams he thought would be better to play for his program. Not patsies.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did he chicken out? I'm confused on that. I don't like it but he chose two teams he thought would be better to play for his program. Not patsies.
First, it was the AD that backed out, not Saban.

Alabama wanted to have their home game and then force Michigan State to give up their home game for a neutral site game. Michigan State is not some scrub team that will be pushed around. We have one of the best and innovative ADs in the country. Outdoor hockey and playing on a aircraft carrier. He's not just going to bend over for Alabama like other teams will.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, it was the AD that backed out, not Saban.

Alabama wanted to have their home game and then force Michigan State to give up their home game for a neutral site game. Michigan State is not some scrub team that will be pushed around. We have one of the best and innovative ADs in the country. Outdoor hockey and playing on a aircraft carrier. He's not just going to bend over for Alabama like other teams will.
Looks like they both did what they want. MI. St. Wanted the home and home Bama didn't. I wish they would do more of the home and home over the neural site.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they both did what they want. MI. St. Wanted the home and home Bama didn't. I wish they would do more of the home and home over the neural site.

Not me. These neutral site games have been awesome for the most part. They are great games to start the season and since it's not a 2 year commitment you get a bigger rotation of teams.

If Alabama was doing home and homes instead of neutral site games, then we would be playing Michigan St 2 years. Instead we are playing USC and Florida St. We just played Michigan St in a bowl game back in 2010, but haven't played USC since 1985, over 30 years.

I hope a few more stadiums start doing them and the teams get spread around more though.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. These neutral site games have been awesome for the most part. They are great games to start the season and since it's not a 2 year commitment you get a bigger rotation of teams.

If Alabama was doing home and homes instead of neutral site games, then we would be playing Michigan St 2 years. Instead we are playing USC and Florida St. We just played Michigan St in a bowl game back in 2010, but haven't played USC since 1985, over 30 years.

I hope a few more stadiums start doing them and the teams get spread around more though.
Works great if you are in the area of the stadium. How many Bama fans travel to ask these neural asked computer to how many would see USC play at a home game? What about the students who are currently supporting that team? I really liked seeing TX and USC at the shoe. Can't wait for OK, TCU, ND Oregon and others. Something special that is so much better than a neutral site.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd imagine beating MSU in EL would be great for any program. Why duck that opportunity? Chances are Bama wins that game anyways. Why not keep @ MSU plus adding two more good opponents? This is the tournament era. Beating nobodies just to get there unprepared and lose is good for no one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see them play all 3.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is you are completely out of touch with reality.

Alabama is one of the most respected programs in the nation and Nick Saban is one of the most respected coaches in the country.

The majority of people aren't haters. Most people are just college football fans and like to talk a little smack, but at the end of the day you just enjoy the game.

But feel free to tell the world how Nick Saban was scared to play Michigan St in 2016 and 2017 and instead decided to schedule USC for 2016 and Florida St for 2017.

Insults aside, why not all 3? Or, keep MSU then play USC and FSU later. What's there to run from? I'd rather see my program lose to the best than beat some nobodies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if this is what tarnished feels like, I am all for it. Tarnish away, I hope Saban oxidizes the fuck out of our program for at least 10 more years. Another beat down on Michigan would be nice too...hopefully on the way to title #5 or 6, lol.

Well, he has to man up and want to play them first. If running from Sparty is any indication, I don't see Saban wanting to come to Ann Arbor either. I'd like to see it too.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine beating MSU in EL would be great for any program. Why duck that opportunity? Chances are Bama wins that game anyways. Why not keep @ MSU plus adding two more good opponents? This is the tournament era. Beating nobodies just to get there unprepared and lose is good for no one.
My thought on this, and I don't know if it's their reasoning but instead of scheduling years in advance hoping the team will be a quality opponent schedule 1 or 2 year or so you have a better chance at them still being around the same level as when you scheduled.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought on this, and I don't know if it's their reasoning but instead of scheduling years in advance hoping the team will be a quality opponent schedule 1 or 2 year or so you have a better chance at them still being around the same level as when you scheduled.
Problem is you have three to four spots to fill, you want teams to be able to figure this out, negotiate terms, in a matter of a few months? You can be fairly certain that certain teams will be good and others won't. Vandy, Indiana, Kansas are more than likely going to suck while Ohio State, USC, and Alabama are more than likely going to be good. You can't wait til the last second and hope to get dates and travel arrangement taken car of in a cost effect manner in 8-10 weeks.

This scheduling games a decade from now is ridiculous. Michigan State vs Alabama was not scheduled out some ridiculous amount of time though. It was a manner of a couple of years away.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you have three to four spots to fill, you want teams to be able to figure this out, negotiate terms, in a matter of a few months? You can be fairly certain that certain teams will be good and others won't. Vandy, Indiana, Kansas are more than likely going to suck while Ohio State, USC, and Alabama are more than likely going to be good. You can't wait til the last second and hope to get dates and travel arrangement taken car of in a cost effect manner in 8-10 weeks.

This scheduling games a decade from now is ridiculous. Michigan State vs Alabama was not scheduled out some ridiculous amount of time though. It was a manner of a couple of years away.

Where do you think Xichigan fits in on this list?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think Xichigan fits in on this list?
Michigan would be one to normally expect to be good. Of course Alabama signed Michigan after a 3-9 season.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking at the beginning (spring/summer) of this season you schedule for next season. You are right that you have to count on teams being good with the negotiating.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replacement games were USC and Florida St.

Maybe fans are unaware, but this is incorrect. The replacement games were Western Kentucky (2016) and Fresno State (2017).

Both USC and Florida State home openers on neutral sights were already agreed to when Alabama cancelled the home and home with Michigan State. They first replaced the 2016 game with Western Kentucky, then later the 2017 game with Fresno State.

Alabama Replaces Michigan State with Western Kentucky on 2016 Schedule | Eleven Warriors

Alabama to play Fresno State in 2017, improving solid schedule - CBSSports.com

So, Alabama could have played all 3 of them, but chose not to.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has to man up and want to play them first. If running from Sparty is any indication, I don't see Saban wanting to come to Ann Arbor either. I'd like to see it too.

I would like to see Alabama play some people on their fields, no doubt about it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe fans are unaware, but this is incorrect. The replacement games were Western Kentucky (2016) and Fresno State (2017).

Both USC and Florida State home openers on neutral sights were already agreed to when Alabama cancelled the home and home with Michigan State. They first replaced the 2016 game with Western Kentucky, then later the 2017 game with Fresno State.

Alabama Replaces Michigan State with Western Kentucky on 2016 Schedule | Eleven Warriors

Alabama to play Fresno State in 2017, improving solid schedule - CBSSports.com

So, Alabama could have played all 3 of them, but chose not to.
Those were all agreed upon after Michigan State was dropped due to cost of going to East Lansing, I mean uncertainty in the SEC schedule.