• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh 2nd best coach in 49er history

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let me guess, you probably think Barry Switzer is a good head coach as well.

17 straight Big 8 Titles, 3 National Championships and a SB. That is a pretty impressive record.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
17 straight Big 8 Titles, 3 National Championships and a SB. That is a pretty impressive record.

Agreed, I figured the OP was referring to the similarity between what Walsh handed Seifert and what Johnson handed Switzer. No one would question Switzer's college resume.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so his success in college got him the keys to the cadillac in the nfl. he soon crashed it...

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so his success in college got him the keys to the cadillac in the nfl. he soon crashed it...

My comment was about his abilities as a "head coach" which includes college and he won the NFC East in 3 of his 4 years in the NFL and finished with a 40-24 record. Not too terrible.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Well, let's not start sucking each others dicks quite yet."

winston-wolfe.jpg

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yehyeh sums it up perfectly. everything is great in niner land

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the enthusiasm and optimism of the fans around here.

As I have said before, I am buying what he is selling but he has a lot to prove to make all time top 3.

this is how i look at it too.

no doubt i'm happy with the job he's done. pleasantly surprised its coming around so fast, not that i didn't think he was good.

anyways, six games is FAR from being annoited the 2nd best Coach in history? maybe after six YEARS we might consider this question again?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still a little leery about Harbaugh. I heard an interview on KNBR where Luck said "he appreciates what Harbaugh did for Stanford but he does not miss him". And when asked whether he prefers playing for Shaw or Harbaugh he said "one guy is a polarizing eccentric, but he's not here anymore". I was surprised to hear that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"he appreciates what Harbaugh did for Stanford but he does not miss him".

Good for Luck. They had a great run, but Harbaugh moved on & so did he. I like that. Why did the Panthers & Jags both have to win? They were my last best hopes of trading for Luck. :(

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"he appreciates what Harbaugh did for Stanford but he does not miss him".

Good for Luck. They had a great run, but Harbaugh moved on & so did he. I like that. Why did the Panthers & Jags both have to win? They were my last best hopes of trading for Luck. :(

personally, don't think we have a gnats azz of a chance trading for Luck.

but just focusing on who'd likely trade it....my vote is St Louis. the odds of them trading might not be good either, but better than others.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a little leery about Harbaugh. I heard an interview on KNBR where Luck said "he appreciates what Harbaugh did for Stanford but he does not miss him". And when asked whether he prefers playing for Shaw or Harbaugh he said "one guy is a polarizing eccentric, but he's not here anymore". I was surprised to hear that.

I searched for this, can't find it, have a link?

never mind found it. it was from February. Seems a little out of context.... I see nothing about who you prefer playing for, just mentioning obvious difference.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/quad-qa-stanford-quarterback-andrew-luck/

Q
Coach Shaw will be one of the most anonymous coaches in college football next year. Tell me about him a little bit.

A.

I think he has no problem staying behind the scenes. He definitely cares about Stanford a lot and is very bright and a very sharp football mind. He';s been a great coach since I've been here. Everyone has the utmost respect for him as a coach and a person. He's a good guy and he's a little less eccentric and maybe a little less polarizing than the guy we had before, not to detract anything away from Coach Harbaugh or Coach Shaw. They're definitely different personalities and go about it different ways. A lot of stuff will stay the same. He's just solid with good character and he's going to help us win football games.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds more to me like what you should say than what you feel. I would never say I like my old coach better than my new one. And to say you don't miss him... this sounds like he is just trying not to cause any ill feelings toward Shaw.

And about Mooch... he was a bit too nice but he was such a likeable guy so it is hard not to root for him.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I searched for this, can't find it, have a link?

never mind found it. it was from February. Seems a little out of context.... I see nothing about who you prefer playing for, just mentioning obvious difference.

Quad Q&A: Stanford Quarterback Andrew Luck - NYTimes.com

Q
Coach Shaw will be one of the most anonymous coaches in college football next year. Tell me about him a little bit.

A.

I think he has no problem staying behind the scenes. He definitely cares about Stanford a lot and is very bright and a very sharp football mind. He';s been a great coach since I've been here. Everyone has the utmost respect for him as a coach and a person. He's a good guy and he's a little less eccentric and maybe a little less polarizing than the guy we had before, not to detract anything away from Coach Harbaugh or Coach Shaw. They're definitely different personalities and go about it different ways. A lot of stuff will stay the same. He's just solid with good character and he's going to help us win football games.

What I heard was the Razor and Mr T. interviewing the guy who interviewed Luck and he was paraphrasing what Luck told him. As long as the 49ers continue to win I'll be happy. Harbaugh certainly has a way about him but the guy I really like and who I was originally not impressed with is Fangio.