• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy trails, Ichiro!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing treatment of his final inning on the field. Servais deserves a toast for recognizing that, though this whole thing is strange that it 'just so happened' that MLB would schedule the A's and M's for this series in Tokyo.

My point: I think this retirement was scheduled long before now and they just claimed it was spur of the moment.

All the same, an amazing talent. Maybe there have been 50 players this good -- ever.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l3ayvi05ucx11.jpg
To be fair, the Japanese players didn't have enough of a track record to be evaluated properly as MLB hitters. There was Fukudome and a few others who had OK careers. Ichiro moved the needle a little at the time but anybody who passed on him would have been considered generally sensible.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing treatment of his final inning on the field. Servais deserves a toast for recognizing that, though this whole thing is strange that it 'just so happened' that MLB would schedule the A's and M's for this series in Tokyo.

My point: I think this retirement was scheduled long before now and they just claimed it was spur of the moment.

All the same, an amazing talent. Maybe there have been 50 players this good -- ever.

maybe. MLB announced the Japan games last May.