• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hall of Fame (Bronco's edition)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice. It would also be helpful to get to play the Hall of Fame game. Gives a chance for depth players to get experience.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Champ and Pat are voted in.

Unfortunately not Atwater again. I think Lynch will get in before Atwater, which is a shame.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to remove myself from any Broncos bias, I honestly think all three deserve to be in Canton

With Champ and Pat, it is only a matter of time -- Champ was the premier CB in the NFL for a long time and had an all time great highlight reel / signature play with that pick of Brady in the AFC playoff game ..

Steve Atwater had his own all-time highlight reel moment with that classic hit on Okoye ... Do we win that first SB without him ? .. That forced fumble on Farve on GBs second drive changed the momentum, and he gave his body up on that second to last play defending a pass that would have given GB a shot at tying the game ..

10+ years of elite play at the safety position - an enforcer, pass coverage - a guy the Broncos have been looking for since his retirement ..

I think Steve Atwater represents all of what a great NFL player is to the league

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to go to Canton with me. I’ve had my mind set to go to the Hall of Fame when Ed Reed was inducted the first time I saw him as FR at Miami.

And the same year as Champ Bailey. Cha ching!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - I would rate Atwater as my top Bronco nominee this go around. He was a dominant player in his era and was involved in numerous all time NFL type plays (like knocking the Nigerian Nightmare on his butt at the goal line - which is played over and over again - if Atwater got royalties he would be rich of that play alone).

Champ was the standard for excellence at the CB position, but I think Atwater is more deserving at this point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - I would rate Atwater as my top Bronco nominee this go around. He was a dominant player in his era and was involved in numerous all time NFL type plays (like knocking the Nigerian Nightmare on his butt at the goal line - which is played over and over again - if Atwater got royalties he would be rich of that play alone).

Champ was the standard for excellence at the CB position, but I think Atwater is more deserving at this point.

Or the time he knocked out Robert Brooks and our own Randy Hilliard on the second to last play of our first Super Bowl victory vs the Packers.

IMO, Champ is more deserving but both are deserving. Champ was the best at his position for years. The biggest issue with Atwater is that he wasn't a complete safety as he lacked coverage skills, but if Brian Dawkins is in why is Steve Atwater not? It's time for him to go.

Like Dawkins, Atwater was highly accounted for, he struck fear in opposing offenses with his knock out hitting and tackle ability. He may not be the ball hawking fancy S, but he changed the way EVERY WR played against us.

Champ and Ed Reed are first ballot. If they don't go in together as first ballot I am going to be livid, but I think I should be fine. :)

If Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, Ty Law and Steve Atwater all 4 got in it would be the best Hall of Fame ever. It already will be with Reed and Bailey. :-)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly all 3 deserve to be in the Hall. It is very unlikely all 3 go in at the same time but it would be very cool if it did happen.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this on the general forum. Only 13 players have ever made it to more than 10 Pro Bowls. All 13 of those players were first ballot, first year Hall of Fame inductees. Champ Bailey made it to 12 Pro Bowls. He would be the first to not make it in year one if he's denied. I don't think that will happen. Champ is a lock this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowlen should have gotten in before Jerry Jones.

For years I've been scratching my head wondering why Atwater isn't in yet.

Bailey's a lock, it's just a matter of when.

If the committee does it right they all go in this year. Sadly though I don't think that will happen.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this on the general forum. Only 13 players have ever made it to more than 10 Pro Bowls. All 13 of those players were first ballot, first year Hall of Fame inductees. Champ Bailey made it to 12 Pro Bowls. He would be the first to not make it in year one if he's denied. I don't think that will happen. Champ is a lock this year.

Yeah- There is no way Champ Bailey isn't making it this year.

If Ed Reed and Champ Bailey don't get in first time around I will buy Mingo a car.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be pissed if Pat doesn't make it.

Champ will make it I bet they don't both make it so I will be fine with pat this year and Bailey next year.

Atwater will make it just not this year.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ was one of the greatest of all time. For a number of years, he was the best to play the position.

He's first ballot all day, every day. Ed Reed too.

As for Bowlen, given his condition I think he goes in this year.

Atwater might be the odd man out, but it's nice to see him get this far.