• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hall of Fame 2015 Ballot

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy will become the first D-Back in the hall!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the committee allowed others who don't belong(not saying anyone does not belong) doesn't mean they should now put in all players comparable to them... And I did not think Larkin Should have made it ... But larkin was a better hitter and a better base runner...

and ozzie smith made the HOF because of his defense, on Baseball reference Smith has a 43 dWar compared to Trammell's 22... We cant compare oranges and apples here...

I would not mind Trammell making it but he just would not be on my list...

You have ridiculous offensive standards for a position that's historically poor offensively.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggio, Pedro, Randy and Smoltz. Welcome to the HOF!

All 4 belong, to bad for the other snubs... and I guess this is not the year for the steroids... Hopefully next year with the weak class they will let the rest of the deserving in...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have ridiculous offensive standards for a position that's historically poor offensively.

you have no clue what my offensive standards are, how can they be ridiculous if I never stated them??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Admittedly, did not read the entire article.

However, what I did read (the first 2 paragraphs or so) made me 100% OK with his reasoning. His not voting did not affect the process in any way. Induction is based on 75% of submitted ballots, not 75% of total ballots.

He says he is not voting because (among other reasons) he feels he is no longer qualified to vote. BRAVO!! If you do not feel you know (or care) enough to do the vote justice, let others, who do know (or care) enough to do the research have their votes mean more.

Maybe he said more moronic stuff later in the article. If he did, I apologize. But his initial premise I completely stand behind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who voted for Tom Gordon or Aaron Boone or Darin Erstad?

The only thing that makes any sense (outside of the "buddy" vote) is that someone voted for Erstad and no one else just to make it harder for anyone to get in.

Expulsion-worthy, IMHO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Biggio is a Hall of Famer and Jeff Bagwell isn't?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Biggio is a Hall of Famer and Jeff Bagwell isn't?

Yep.

Also:

Jeff Kent>Biggio. Kent was an ass to the media and I think it is hurting his vote totals.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"5. How can it be OK to have been caught with cocaine, and not steroids?
Well, cocaine isn't a performance-enhancing drugs, but quite the opposite. Cheating oneself, while not advisable, isn't disqualifying."

How can any of these media guys say this with a straight face? Is it one of those things where they are lying for the greater good of society? Sure, to some people the addictive qualities of cocaine can destroy their lives, but don't tell me that in and of itself cocaine is not performance enhancing. Yes, it fucked up Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden but you can't say that in many players using cocaine didn't help them at times. People react differently to drugs but in many people cocaine is probably not much different than something like adderrall, which many players have exemptions that allow them to take it. Like steroids, one of the biggest ways taking cocaine hurt performance is that it caused them to get arrested or suspended and miss games.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was (and is) an ass, but I think it's more about Biggio's compiled stats than anything else.

Agreed. Biggio played a few different positions (average fielder at best) had a lower lifetime BA than Kent and always sucked in the playoffs. He did play forever (was very durable as well) and compiled 3000 hits. As someone recently said, pitchers didn't stay awake at night worrying about getting Biggio out...

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"5. How can it be OK to have been caught with cocaine, and not steroids?
Well, cocaine isn't a performance-enhancing drugs, but quite the opposite. Cheating oneself, while not advisable, isn't disqualifying."

How can any of these media guys say this with a straight face? Is it one of those things where they are lying for the greater good of society? Sure, to some people the addictive qualities of cocaine can destroy their lives, but don't tell me that in and of itself cocaine is not performance enhancing. Yes, it fucked up Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden but you can't say that in many players using cocaine didn't help them at times. People react differently to drugs but in many people cocaine is probably not much different than something like adderrall, which many players have exemptions that allow them to take it. Like steroids, one of the biggest ways taking cocaine hurt performance is that it caused them to get arrested or suspended and miss games.

I always respected that Raines slid head first due to the fact he had a vile of blow in his back pocket. :yahoo:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I am a homer and I would vote Trammell over Babe Ruth. But you can't deny Barry Bonds, probably the most feared hitter of all time. 120 Intentional Base on Balls. You can blame steroids all you want, but you have to admit he was batting against pitchers who were also on steroids. I think there may be a hint of racism here. Anyone that comes close to breaking Hank Aaron's Home Run record gets lambasted. Heck, Hank Aaron wasn't even the best player of his era (Willie Mays ... Barry Bonds' godfather).

Check out these stats.

Barry Bonds Statistics and History | Baseball-Reference.com