• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hall most overrated CB in league?

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He week in and week out gets abused, gives up huge plays and then cost his team an interception that could have changed the game...i guess hes a serviceable corner, but unless they already have he's not worth big money, makes too many mistakes

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He week in and week out gets abused, gives up huge plays and then cost his team an interception that could have changed the game...i guess hes a serviceable corner, but unless they already have he's not worth big money, makes too many mistakes

he was extended. something along the lines of 4 yrs 40 million...

he's a very good corner imo

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He already got his extension. He's here for the long run.

Also keep in mind, when he was on the edge against Brown, he had no safety help over top. It's an unfavorable design. It also shows what confidence they have in his tackling abilities. He's one of the best corners in that aspect though he has missed a few tackles this season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very good.....but they should have kept Joseph too....

Bengalfish

BEN-GALS Talent Scout
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is a great #2 CB in the NFL. He by no means is a lockdown corner which is something desperately we need. Despite him being a Wolverine, I'm glad he's back there....just wish we had something better.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph is better. Hall is to slow to be elite. He just can't cover certain players. He isn't a top 20 CB.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His extension was a favorable deal. He's not making close to the big money contracts as the shut down guys. He reminds me of ronde barber.... He's great in a scheme suited to his talents, but he can't shut down a speed receiver by himself. If he misses significant time, the defense will struggle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been overrated since college. I remember seeing him get schooled by Dwayne Jarrett in the rose bowl.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Hall...I wasnt under any illusions that he was going to have a great game today..he's always struggled with guys like Wallace but overall he's a reliable and good CB. No, he's not revis but he's a good starter. If things play out well in the draft they should be able to pluck a very good CB to tandem with Hall in round 1

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He didn't line up against Wallace once today.

It was a poor scheme. On the edge, Hall would line up one on one against Brown with no safety help over top, so he had to leave a big cushion. He was never beat in the game instead abused because of the large cushion being left for Brown.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers wideouts were the toughest matchup for our corners all year....Zim was forced to be conservative today.....in the end the Pittsburgh offense averaged only 5.9 yards per pass play, and that's not too bad when you consider the matchup.....

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't line up against Wallace once today.

It was a poor scheme. On the edge, Hall would line up one on one against Brown with no safety help over top, so he had to leave a big cushion. He was never beat in the game instead abused because of the large cushion being left for Brown.

no shit. Well that was a poor design, then. In the 2nd Brown was huge for them (to his credit he made plays...some really good catches that came off of well placed throws). I thought Hall was on Wallace at least some...the cushion I was referring to was Jennings. After Hall left with his injury. People may wanna bitch about Hall, but he's a solid player. There was a HUGE drop off from Hall to Jennings.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is talented, he is. He just isn't a #1 CB because of his lack of speed. He will never be able to be a Revis/Asamough type of player. He isn't fast enough. You have to tailer a scheme around him. We need a Jenkins type CB with our first pick so Hall doesn't have to be on the speedy WRs. Then we draft someone like Mark Barron with our second 1st rounder so we have a S who can make a play. Draft a RB in the 2nd and an OG in the 3rd. Give me Lamar Miller, Or Polk in the 2nd or go OG in the 2nd with Pead in the 3rd.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love him or hate him he was/is the best CB we have. The pass D is in deep shit with Hall done for 2011 (Jennings got whipped like a red headed step child). Pacman needs to get his wanna be rapper ass healthy cause we have ZERO speed guys in coverage otherwise

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is talented, he is. He just isn't a #1 CB because of his lack of speed. He will never be able to be a Revis/Asamough type of player. He isn't fast enough. You have to tailer a scheme around him. We need a Jenkins type CB with our first pick so Hall doesn't have to be on the speedy WRs. Then we draft someone like Mark Barron with our second 1st rounder so we have a S who can make a play. Draft a RB in the 2nd and an OG in the 3rd. Give me Lamar Miller, Or Polk in the 2nd or go OG in the 2nd with Pead in the 3rd.

The more i look at the more i say CB is an absolute must with one of the 1st rounders. Plenty of good ones to be had. Our secondary is gonna get tested down the stretch with no Hall and no safeties to speak of.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As mentioned, Hall just isn't a #1 CB. He's a very good #2, but can't cover another team's #1 WR by himself.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They'll draft a CB in the first. No to Mark Barron on the 1st, though. The first three picks should be CB, OG and RB. If there was a ball hawking FS that projected to the 1st i could get on board with that (even though I'd still probably be pulling for them to address the O-line) but Barron projects to be a more in the box SS, no? Seems to me that we already have plenty of SS on the roster (Crocker, Mays, Sands).

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Love him or hate him he was/is the best CB we have. The pass D is in deep shit with Hall done for 2011 (Jennings got whipped like a red headed step child). Pacman needs to get his wanna be rapper ass healthy cause we have ZERO speed guys in coverage otherwise

It was interesting to watch the D when Hall went out.

While he was in, he had a lot of one on one with Brown. But when he went out, Jennings came in to cover Brown, but they also shifted the defense to help him out. Not sure if anyone else took notice, but early on it was all to Brown (pre-shift), but when Hall went out, most of the targets were going to Wallace (post-shift).

Hall is very underrated (at least on this board). His presence on the field allows our team to play a lot of different schemes and packages. In a pinch, he can cover either side of the field or the slot. Not many CB's can do that. And I absolutely believe he can cover #1's. He did it all of 2009. What he can't make up with speed, he makes up with his intelligence which is why he rarely ever gets burned minus these last 2-3 weeks where he's been slumping.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was interesting to watch the D when Hall went out.

While he was in, he had a lot of one on one with Brown. But when he went out, Jennings came in to cover Brown, but they also shifted the defense to help him out. Not sure if anyone else took notice, but early on it was all to Brown (pre-shift), but when Hall went out, most of the targets were going to Wallace (post-shift).

Hall is very underrated (at least on this board). His presence on the field allows our team to play a lot of different schemes and packages. In a pinch, he can cover either side of the field or the slot. Not many CB's can do that. And I absolutely believe he can cover #1's. He did it all of 2009. What he can't make up with speed, he makes up with his intelligence which is why he rarely ever gets burned minus these last 2-3 weeks where he's been slumping.

To be fair, many of the folks that post here are Michigan haters so they'll never think Hall is any good. As I said before, I think he is a very valuable piece to the defense. He is good at what he does. He's not a shutdown guy but is solid in all phases of the game.