• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halftime Thought

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn was the best RS in the league last year and was set to earn ~1.2m in 2012. Wanting to get rid of him during the off-season after his 2011 campaign and in light of what happened in the NFC-CC was, to put it simply, ridiculous.

But, returning to this argument now, AFTER the year Ginn has had to say you were right is even more ridiculous. If Ginn had a season similar to last year, this would not even be a conversation.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ginn has clearly lost a step after his injuries.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But after yesterday, I think it's clear that he's gotten some of that step back. He's still very quick.

he doesn't seem to have those high gears anymore. i'm not really expecting any td's from him. i'd like to see what cox can do.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see them bring in cribbs to compete for the duties.

cribbs was in the top 5 for kickoffs and top 10 for punts

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thread is ridiculously exaggerated. I don't think anyone was fighting for Ginn as a WR. And who called you "names"? I really don't remember that part.

I argued for keeping Ginn as a RS over the other options that we had last year. The central argument was always between his value for what he brings as a RS versus what we'd get out of a different 4th WR option. I'd have no problem getting rid of him earlier in this year after Williams proved he was ready after putting in the necessary time during the off season, but that injury changed everything. Now it's sounding like all you guys want to cut Ginn at this point after we have no Williams and another potential back-up returner in Hunter? It just doesn't make any logical sense to me at all.

If you really want to go ahead and get rid of Ginn right now and pick a 4th WR off the street please go ahead. Yes - put James back there at this point who could barely get his hands even on the ball in preseason. Or go with Cox who isn't as good at Ginn as a RS; and who's rusty because he hasn't returned a punt in a game in a very long time. Yes, please go ahead and do that right now as we go into this game. But I think I remember desperately missing Ginn last year in the NFC Championship Game for some reason...

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn is a good KR and PR, thats all we need him for. We need to get a #2 WR opp of Crabs and have MM in the slot next year. Greg Jennings would be real nice, I dont know if they hang on to Moss unless he is okay being the 4th WR

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn is a good KR and PR, thats all we need him for. We need to get a #2 WR opp of Crabs and have MM in the slot next year. Greg Jennings would be real nice, I dont know if they hang on to Moss unless he is okay being the 4th WR

I don't think MM will be back (without a contract change) and AJ had better be starting next year. Beyond that A LOT can change but I'm not a fan of Ginn tying up a roster spot for PR's.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So last year imac & some others claimed that Tedd Ginn Jr. wasn't good enough to be the #5 WR on the 49ers (which I said was ridiculous). Interesting how he's out-performed any WR on the Niners this season not named Boldin (by a decent margin).

I was probably the biggest Ginn supporter on the team, and losing him might've cost the Niners a SB in 2011. I even said he was useful in the WR rotation. At this point, I wish he never left.

Tedd Ginn > Kyle suck bag Williams (who I've always maintained is a useless WR).