• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Half PPR League

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone played in a league that is a half point per catch, what were thoughts on it? And does anyone know of any good player ratings/rankings for a half ppr league? Thanks

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you could always compare PPR and non-PPR and split the difference.

Seriously, the significant effects are only at the outliers: for RBs, most of them have receptions in the 30s or 40s, so the difference among them at half-point PPR is small. Guys like Charles, Forte, Gio, Woodhead, Sproles, Ellington, Pierre Thomas, and the Detroit RBs all get a boost, while guys like Morris and Gore take a hit.

For WRs, most guys are in the mid-80s and 90s range for the starting fantasy WRs, and in the 60s and 70s for flex or bench guys. Exceptions that get a boost are possession guys like Antonio Brown, Andre Johnson, Pierre Garçon and (for the flex/bench) Kendall Wright. Guys who take a hit are the home-run hitters: DeSean, VJAX, Keenan Allen.

Apart from that kind of player, standard rankings will be pretty close. I played in a half-point PPR league and that's pretty much how I handled it went I didn't get detailed stat-crazy.