• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gusty 1 year

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very reasonable but why not longer???

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Flyers signed defenceman Erik Gustafsson to a one-year, $1 million contract on Tuesday.

Gustafsson had three goals and five assists in 27 games for the Flyers last season.

In 60 career games over parts of three seasons with Philadelphia, Gustafsson has four goals and nine assists. He was originally signed by the Flyers as an undrafted free agent in March, 2010 after completing his collegiate career at Northern Michigan University.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very reasonable but why not longer???

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Flyers signed defenceman Erik Gustafsson to a one-year, $1 million contract on Tuesday.

Gustafsson had three goals and five assists in 27 games for the Flyers last season.

In 60 career games over parts of three seasons with Philadelphia, Gustafsson has four goals and nine assists. He was originally signed by the Flyers as an undrafted free agent in March, 2010 after completing his collegiate career at Northern Michigan University.

i don't think that the 1 year deal would be the flyers decision. maybe gust and his agent think he could have a good year this year and want more money next time around.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think that the 1 year deal would be the flyers decision. maybe gust and his agent think he could have a good year this year and want more money next time around.

Wouldn't he be a UFA next year? That worries me if so as I'm hoping for a good year out of him.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't he be a UFA next year? That worries me if so as I'm hoping for a good year out of him.

No, he'll still be an RFA.

Unrestricted NHL Free Agents
The 27-or-7 Benchmark Any player whose contract has expired can declare himself an unrestricted free agent if he is at least 27 years old or has at least seven years of service as an NHL player.

This is from the last CBA and could have changed in the new one, but you get the idea.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have any wiggle room for manuvers during the season

I expect that one of Coburn, Grossmann or Meszaros will be traded, and one of Gervais and Bourdon will be sent to the AHL (assuming they clear waivers). Also, Pronger will be placed on LTIR. However, the Flyers still need to add one more forward to what's listed, either resigning Gagne or keeping McGinn or Raffl on the roster.

Overall, these moves will free up cap space.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that one of Coburn, Grossmann or Meszaros will be traded, and one of Gervais and Bourdon will be sent to the AHL (assuming they clear waivers). Also, Pronger will be placed on LTIR. However, the Flyers still need to add one more forward to what's listed, either resigning Gagne or keeping McGinn or Raffl on the roster.

Overall, these moves will free up cap space.

I would expect of the three D named Coburn would be wanted the most then Grossman and i dont think anyonne wants to deal with Mezz injuries. I wouldnt mind a coburn plus a forward for a solid young defenseman.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think him and Emery were told if you have good seasons we will take care of you when the cap goes up