• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gus Signs with KHL Team

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need to remember that the Flyers still retain his NHL rights. Same thing is happening with the Jets and Burmistrov he preferred the KHL to the AHL and now that he's progressed he may return to a productive second stint in the NHL with the Jets. The KHL may even prove to be a better option to the AHL from a development standpoint I guess we'll see. Either way it wouldn't shock me if one day Gus comes back as a better player....

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little taken aback that Gus signed in the KHL...but after reading a little more, not really. His complaint to TimP was that he needed to play to improve. He couldn't do that in the Press box. He needs a lot of reps to improve his game and at a top level. And the skills he has are not enough to keep him in the lineup while he does this....sorry to the big Gus fans....they just weren't. He is a good skater and CAN make a good first pass or move the puck well on the PP. The problem was he didn't do those things well enough to be better than players who were also bigger and stronger....

As far as the Kimmo situation is concerned, if he comes back in a more limited role, great. If he decides he has had enough and is retiring...sad, but not the end of the world. And that is a decision that the team is going to need soon....