• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gumby has a new job...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all,

I started working at KCUB 1290AM (Home of the Wildcats) last week as the board op and should be filling in as co-host during the afternoon 3-6 show with Mike Luke when Kevin Woodman is out of town on vacation. For the time being I will be mostly behind the scenes, but during basketball broadcasts I will be on the air for the post games, helping to break down the game and answer calls from fans. I will also be a part of the football and baseball broadcasts as well.

You guys should call in to the afternoon show sometime (880-1290). Today is the NBA draft and we will be talking about the prospects for Stanimal, RHJ and others live as it happens. I also decided to make use of my twitter account @GumbySquad. I have had the thing for 6 years, but have not used it as I was in charge of several other business based twitter accounts and never had the time.

Hope you all are well. Looking forward to another great season... only 99 days until the first BB practice.

JW Madden
aka GumbySquad

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all,

I started working at KCUB 1290AM (Home of the Wildcats) last week as the board op and should be filling in as co-host during the afternoon 3-6 show with Mike Luke when Kevin Woodman is out of town on vacation. For the time being I will be mostly behind the scenes, but during basketball broadcasts I will be on the air for the post games, helping to break down the game and answer calls from fans. I will also be a part of the football and baseball broadcasts as well.

You guys should call in to the afternoon show sometime (880-1290). Today is the NBA draft and we will be talking about the prospects for Stanimal, RHJ and others live as it happens. I also decided to make use of my twitter account @GumbySquad. I have had the thing for 6 years, but have not used it as I was in charge of several other business based twitter accounts and never had the time.

Hope you all are well. Looking forward to another great season... only 99 days until the first BB practice.

JW Madden
aka GumbySquad

Hey man, good to hear! Hope you enjoyed Kerr and Iggy getting all of that hardware. We've really missed you and nogi around here. Glad that you're on KCUB now. I look forward to listening. And, yes, double digit countdown to BB!!!

BTFD

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all,

JW Madden
aka GumbySquad
Awesome! Looks like it's time for me to get back to listening to 1290.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the phoenix metro region. Any idea if we get that radio station up here or is it just in Tucson? Or any podcasts I can tune into? So happy for you man; congrats! Btfd

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all,

JW Madden
aka GumbySquad
Awesome dude! I'll definitely tune in. That's so cool!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. Yes CTP, I was stoked to see the Golden State Wildcats win the title. Reminds me of back in the day when the Bulls had 3 Cats alums on the roster. Kerr was my childhood hero... I had no doubt he would be a good coach and had no idea that they would pull off a title run in his first year. That guy is midas, whatever he gets involved with is successful (Suns GM duties not withstanding).

I moved recently and have not had internet at my place, but it is getting hooked up soon, so I will be more active in the future.

Monte Carlo, you can stream 1290 from their website 24/7, including the basketball, football and baseball broadcasts. Here is a link: Sports Radio 1290 AM

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats!!! (a bit belated) Now I need to get the fuse replaced on my car radio :)