• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guess whos Back?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TW said enough is enough with our training staff when he was told to get a second opinion.

Bruce was fried because we are picking second in the draft.

TW stood his ground because he wanted more money than his contract stated. You can’t stand on principle, then be willing to come back for a price.
Not picking a fight here but we cannot have "limited participation in free agency". We literally cannot build a roster with just draft picks like in the NBA. It would take over 5 years to do that easily. While we cannot nor should go back to the Vinny days, I sure hope we use most of that space on talented, young, healthy players and spread out. No high priced, over the hill Vinny-like signings. Matter of fact, I would like more cap room

We have the 2nd worst roster in the NFL. I am not sure we have a lot of talent that needs to be resigned other than a couple of players. The only place we can go is up. I still think we need to trade back in the draft and get 4 top 50 picks instead of just Chase Young. We literally can have a 3rd round pick come in and start on this team. We are literally that bad. Because we are so awful, yes, free agency can help fill in the gaps.
We were the second worst team in the league last year, but I don't think we had the 2nd worst roster. Much of the blame for the failure of this team was due to the complete mismanagement of this franchise, including the coaching staff. We actually have a very talented young group of guys that we can build around, especially on defense. And 3 first round picks in this next draft would go a long way toward that build.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were the second worst team in the league last year, but I don't think we had the 2nd worst roster. Much of the blame for the failure of this team was due to the complete mismanagement of this franchise, including the coaching staff. We actually have a very talented young group of guys that we can build around, especially on defense. And 3 first round picks in this next draft would go a long way toward that build.

With 3 first rounders, we could address Edge, LT (if Trent is traded) and WR or CB. Its a no brainer to me. Basically we take the BPA in a position of need and they start from Day 1. I believe if Tua balls out in his Pro Day, somebody is going to panic and overpay for this pick.

We could even get a 2nd rounder for TW along with a 4th rounder for Kerrigan. That also frees up an additional 26 million so we could literally attack free agency with about 90 million in cap. I hope our FO plays their cards right here. That is what I would do.

Walk away with four 1st and 2nd round picks
Use up to 90 million in cap space to plug holes in bring in young, talented players.

We could easily be the most improved team in the NFL with solid coaching.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where i disagree "if" indeed what the media says is true about Chase Young.
Look at Dallas and Atlanta ...they are loaded with talent, but much like the Skins....they are being mismanaged.
I could see a scenario where we pass on a good thing and still miss the playoffs.
How do you explain passing on a generational talent for 2 extra picks if we don't get immediate results

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where i disagree "if" indeed what the media says is true about Chase Young.
Look at Dallas and Atlanta ...they are loaded with talent, but much like the Skins....they are being mismanaged.
I could see a scenario where we pass on a good thing and still miss the playoffs.
How do you explain passing on a generational talent for 2 extra picks if we don't get immediate results
Its the generational talent label I struggle with. Seen too many can't misses, miss.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 3 first rounders, we could address Edge, LT (if Trent is traded) and WR or CB. Its a no brainer to me. Basically we take the BPA in a position of need and they start from Day 1. I believe if Tua balls out in his Pro Day, somebody is going to panic and overpay for this pick.

We could even get a 2nd rounder for TW along with a 4th rounder for Kerrigan. That also frees up an additional 26 million so we could literally attack free agency with about 90 million in cap. I hope our FO plays their cards right here. That is what I would do.

Walk away with four 1st and 2nd round picks
Use up to 90 million in cap space to plug holes in bring in young, talented players.

We could easily be the most improved team in the NFL with solid coaching.
I can't disagree. However, we need to be a bit careful of discarding all of our vets. We need to keep a few around so these young guys see how an all pro goes about his business.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the generational talent label I struggle with. Seen too many can't misses, miss.

I agree. Who is claiming he is a generational talent? It appears to be the media. Maybe he indeed is.
I know when he played against Clemson he did not stand out at all. Maybe he had a bad game or was ill...we do not know.

I was wanting to see the hype but I felt he was very good but not "generational" at all. Maybe an OSU can chime in or a Big 10 fan? You can't base everything off of 1 game but it appears he faded against top talent whereas he dominated against inferior talent. When I say faded, I mean he was still good and a top talent but not the next Lawrence Taylor.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Who is claiming he is a generational talent? It appears to be the media. Maybe he indeed is.
I know when he played against Clemson he did not stand out at all. Maybe he had a bad game or was ill...we do not know.

I was wanting to see the hype but I felt he was very good but not "generational" at all. Maybe an OSU can chime in or a Big 10 fan? You can't base everything off of 1 game but it appears he faded against top talent whereas he dominated against inferior talent. When I say faded, I mean he was still good and a top talent but not the next Lawrence Taylor.
The real issue is we can't afford a whiff with this pick. We take Young and he doesn't pan out for what ever reason, its a huge disappointment. You don't get this opportunity in drafts very often. Hopefully. So you have to consider hedging your bets with 3 "A" players as opposed to one "A+" player.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is we can't afford a whiff with this pick. We take Young and he doesn't pan out for what ever reason, its a huge disappointment. You don't get this opportunity in drafts very often. Hopefully. So you have to consider hedging your bets with 3 "A" players as opposed to one "A+" player.

Im so torn on this argument.
...i won't be upset if we land okudah or simmons instead, i think a few teams are going to reach on the WRs, specifically ruggs....who has been said to run in the 4.2s

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so torn on this argument.
...i won't be upset if we land okudah or simmons instead, i think a few teams are going to reach on the WRs, specifically ruggs....who has been said to run in the 4.2s
I honestly haven't make up my mind yet, either. Need to get a sense of what we could actually get in return before I will.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why I am advocating going with the trade down. Chase Young will not make that much of an impact just by himself. Keep me in mind, he was surrounded by top recruits each year. Not saying he is not good but we have to many holes on the team and I prefer the multiple 1st and 2nd round picks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do about chase will have to be addressed after we know the fate of TW . Not having TW increases the chance of a trade back .

also get out of your head about making the playoffs this year

signing FAs ANd blowing up our cap space for a mere playoff experience is foolish and more of the same stupid stuff we have done for 20 yrs

we Allen and Payne needing extensions soon . Settle will need a contract , foster and SDH as well . Sims too

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do about chase will have to be addressed after we know the fate of TW . Not having TW increases the chance of a trade back .

also get out of your head about making the playoffs this year

signing FAs ANd blowing up our cap space for a mere playoff experience is foolish and more of the same stupid stuff we have done for 20 yrs

we Allen and Payne needing extensions soon . Settle will need a contract , foster and SDH as well . Sims too

No...you are totally missing the point. We have to make our run this season because we have all this money to spend. We can clean up in FA with all these guaranteed stars. We need Air Force one fired up on the opening day of FA so we can re live our glory days of signing Adam Archuletta, Antwan Randle-El, and Andre Carter. Don’t you remember how good we were?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...you are totally missing the point. We have to make our run this season because we have all this money to spend. We can clean up in FA with all these guaranteed stars. We need Air Force one fired up on the opening day of FA so we can re live our glory days of signing Adam Archuletta, Antwan Randle-El, and Andre Carter. Don’t you remember how good we were?

LOL....that is almost what I am suggesting. Instead of going after 30 year old past their prime and bidding against ourselves and overspending, I am suggesting going after healthy 25-27 years olds who are still in their prime and giving reasonable contracts. But, yes, fire up Redskins One and go them.

If we take the draft only approach, and be overly cautious in FA, we will be a playoff team in 2033...but go ahead and knock yourselfs out!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....that is almost what I am suggesting. Instead of going after 30 year old past their prime and bidding against ourselves and overspending, I am suggesting going after healthy 25-27 years olds who are still in their prime and giving reasonable contracts. But, yes, fire up Redskins One and go them.

If we take the draft only approach, and be overly cautious in FA, we will be a playoff team in 2033...but go ahead and knock yourselfs out!

Actually, if we take the draft only approach with small adjustments in FA, we can be SB contenders in two years. Going by your approach, we will never win another SB.

When we went this approach in 2005, this approach you advocate, we were never actually successful. We made the playoffs once...big fucking deal. Teams don’t win the SB by splurging in FA.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a shot at a true replacement for TW in this draft when your pick comes up in the 3rd round, sure, you take him. But seeing as our 1st is most likely committed and we have no second, that is the earliest you could draft one. We actually need two OTs, IMO. Moses is about done and has worn out his welcome as far as I am concerned. I don't see anyone on our bench that can step into either role as a permanent starter so we do need to draft at least one OT this coming draft.

I wouldn't let Trent Williams dictate anything...if MIA would part with 5, 18, and 39...I would trade #2 (and hope DET takes Young to keep him out of the DIV).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't let Trent Williams dictate anything...if MIA would part with 5, 18, and 39...I would trade #2 (and hope DET takes Young to keep him out of the DIV).
Not enough in my opinion . And TW situation will have impact on what to do

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough in my opinion . And TW situation will have impact on what to do

If you can get more, by all means, get it.

You're right TW staying does change things, but considering that WAS probably needs more than one position upgrade.

#2, #66, and 98 is not the most ideal position in the draft.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if we take the draft only approach with small adjustments in FA, we can be SB contenders in two years. Going by your approach, we will never win another SB.

When we went this approach in 2005, this approach you advocate, we were never actually successful. We made the playoffs once...big fucking deal. Teams don’t win the SB by splurging in FA.

We will have to agree to disagree like we have the past 15 years...LOL

If you think we will be SB contenders in 2 years, wow. Our roster is worst than you think. But you are entitled to your opinion. But we literally won 3 games last year...let that sink in. We also have no clue what we have in a QB.

The Chiefs did what I am advocating in 2018 and 2019. I am simply saying to do what they did and they just won the SB so it does work. A good bit of their team was FA. You can see the FA they brought in and look it up. They had a solid draft base obviously but were very active in FA and it paid off.

I doubt the team will take a smart approach. I was against the McNabb trade, signing Haynesworth, drafting Doctson, hiring Zorn, etc. The team would not be in the mess they are if had listened to my suggestions. I have been wrong obviously (trading up for RG3m signing Randle El and Lloyd) but I have generally been right.