• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guess whos Back?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, TBH I won't be convinced until he's dressed, participating and has a helmet that doesn't cause him any discomfort. :D

If true, the question becomes whether or not this team still makes LT a priority this year. His health and subquently, productivity (being unavailable) has been problematic over the last few seasons. Do they draft/ obtain his replacement now or wait acseason?

He's played, 14, 12, 10, and 13 games respectively, in each season dating back to 2015 and only twice completed a full season in his 11 year career.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, TBH I won't be convinced until he's dressed, participating and has a helmet that doesn't cause him any discomfort. :D

If true, the question becomes whether or not this team still makes LT a priority this year. His health and subquently, productivity (being unavailable) has been problematic over the last few seasons. Do they draft/ obtain his replacement now or wait acseason?

He's played, 14, 12, 10, and 13 games respectively, in each season dating back to 2015 and only twice completed a full season in his 11 year career.
If you have a shot at a true replacement for TW in this draft when your pick comes up in the 3rd round, sure, you take him. But seeing as our 1st is most likely committed and we have no second, that is the earliest you could draft one. We actually need two OTs, IMO. Moses is about done and has worn out his welcome as far as I am concerned. I don't see anyone on our bench that can step into either role as a permanent starter so we do need to draft at least one OT this coming draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas we won’t come close to filling all our needs

on fact we don’t know which new needs will need to be filled

what I am looking for is another good draft and limited participation in free agency . Contracts will come do and some good talent on our roster will need to be resigned

we could spend every bit of that 63 mil and still not break 500 so build now and wait for the payoff

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that geron christian did well as moses’s replacement this past season, no?

I could easily be wrong. Lord knows that most of the season was watched on dvr, fast forwarding through entire games of spectacularly awful play...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....was hoping his quitting ass was gone.
I used to think this way about Trent, but have come around. Trent finally did what we fans have been asking for for a few years. He said enough is enough with Bruce. In fact, it may have been TW's actions that were the final straw that led to Bruce's dismissal. So in my mind, Trent is a bit of a savior. He didn't quit on the team, he put a stake in the ground and said "no more". For that, we should thank him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked the Silverback. I don't know what went on between him and Bruce. If his issue was as Trent said that they didn't fire the training staff .... well I can't budge off the fact that he was told to go get a 2nd opinion more than once. Blaming a medical/training staff for not being oncologists is just plain BS.

I am okay with him being pissed at Bruce but not okay for not listening to medical advice he was given.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think this way about Trent, but have come around. Trent finally did what we fans have been asking for for a few years. He said enough is enough with Bruce. In fact, it may have been TW's actions that were the final straw that led to Bruce's dismissal. So in my mind, Trent is a bit of a savior. He didn't quit on the team, he put a stake in the ground and said "no more". For that, we should thank him.

TW said enough is enough with our training staff when he was told to get a second opinion.

Bruce was fried because we are picking second in the draft.

TW stood his ground because he wanted more money than his contract stated. You can’t stand on principle, then be willing to come back for a price.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas we won’t come close to filling all our needs

on fact we don’t know which new needs will need to be filled

what I am looking for is another good draft and limited participation in free agency . Contracts will come do and some good talent on our roster will need to be resigned

we could spend every bit of that 63 mil and still not break 500 so build now and wait for the payoff

Not picking a fight here but we cannot have "limited participation in free agency". We literally cannot build a roster with just draft picks like in the NBA. It would take over 5 years to do that easily. While we cannot nor should go back to the Vinny days, I sure hope we use most of that space on talented, young, healthy players and spread out. No high priced, over the hill Vinny-like signings. Matter of fact, I would like more cap room

We have the 2nd worst roster in the NFL. I am not sure we have a lot of talent that needs to be resigned other than a couple of players. The only place we can go is up. I still think we need to trade back in the draft and get 4 top 50 picks instead of just Chase Young. We literally can have a 3rd round pick come in and start on this team. We are literally that bad. Because we are so awful, yes, free agency can help fill in the gaps.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think someone will offer a 2nd for Trent Williams if his return tour goes south.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think someone will offer a 2nd for Trent Williams if his return tour goes south.
I agree...we would then have to jump on that. Hopefully Trent is healthy and wants to be here. If not, we have to move him. It would free up cap space that we need and get us a high pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not picking a fight here but we cannot have "limited participation in free agency". We literally cannot build a roster with just draft picks like in the NBA. It would take over 5 years to do that easily. While we cannot nor should go back to the Vinny days, I sure hope we use most of that space on talented, young, healthy players and spread out. No high priced, over the hill Vinny-like signings. Matter of fact, I would like more cap room

We have the 2nd worst roster in the NFL. I am not sure we have a lot of talent that needs to be resigned other than a couple of players. The only place we can go is up. I still think we need to trade back in the draft and get 4 top 50 picks instead of just Chase Young. We literally can have a 3rd round pick come in and start on this team. We are literally that bad. Because we are so awful, yes, free agency can help fill in the gaps.
limited means just that , limited meaning no expensive signings . nowhere did i say just build through the draft

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
limited means just that , limited meaning no expensive signings . nowhere did i say just build through the draft
Understood. Again, not trying to pick a fight here.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...we would then have to jump on that. Hopefully Trent is healthy and wants to be here. If not, we have to move him. It would free up cap space that we need and get us a high pick.

I truly hope we didn't turn down multiple picks from Houston for Trent, however im happy we didnt accept a 3rd rounder from Cleveland ..( i think that was the report)