• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will see it in the next couple of weeks. My only question is how they will bring this movie into the MCU. I do not read the comics, but my understanding is that the GotU only cross paths with the Avengers on very limited occasions. Does the end-credit scene help to explain how they will be brought into the MCU?

Any answers spoiler free, of course, please :)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will see it in the next couple of weeks. My only question is how they will bring this movie into the MCU. I do not read the comics, but my understanding is that the GotU only cross paths with the Avengers on very limited occasions. Does the end-credit scene help to explain how they will be brought into the MCU?

Any answers spoiler free, of course, please :)

I'm not familiar with the source material for Guardians of the Galaxy, but I do know that they have one major character in common that will link the two super teams in a crossover

Thanos (Played by Josh Brolin)

thanos.png

Here's what James Gunn said about a potential crossover

We talked about all sorts of possibilities [for a crossover] and I kind of know what the basic plan is. That could or could not include a couple of Avengers and a couple of Guardians meeting up, or all of the Avengers and all of the Guardians. But, we do inhabit the same universe and they’re pretty big personalities that are likely to, at some point or another, run into each other.

As for the end credit scene, unfortunately it doesn't reveal anything but there is one and some will find it enjoyable

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been playing the GOTG soundtrack all morning

[YOUTUBE]NrI-UBIB8Jk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-C_3eYj-pOM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hard to find anything wrong with this flick. Incredibly well scripted and everyone did a great job with the material.

Well worth a tix.

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too cheesy and ridiculous to be great. But it's a fun movie.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great movie, wish I saw it in 3D tho.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it today. My initial ranking puts it as the 4th best MCU movie behind IM1, CA2 and Avengers. It may be better than Avengers.

I LOVED the end scene. I did a little research, and apparently it does not foreshadow a new movie, but he may become a sidekick for the collector. That would be interesting. In the theater that I saw it in, all the adults were screaming and shouting his name, but none of the kids had any idea who he was. I had to explain his story to my nephews.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it today. My initial ranking puts it as the 4th best MCU movie behind IM1, CA2 and Avengers. It may be better than Avengers.
Better than Iron Man. Pretty easily. Captain America 2 is probably the only one Id put ahead of it although Avengers was a bit more fun.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I LOVED the end scene. I did a little research, and apparently it does not foreshadow a new movie, but he may become a sidekick for the collector. That would be interesting. In the theater that I saw it in, all the adults were screaming and shouting his name, but none of the kids had any idea who he was. I had to explain his story to my nephews.

I would agree with this, could change depending on rewatchability. Really liked this one. Wasted no time getting to the action and didn't really let up.

2 minor things that bugged me were, how readily they accepted and trusted Gamora and how ineffective Drax was against Ronan. I thought this guy was going to be a monster and at the very list get a couple shots in on Ronan but he just got his ass kicked, never quite redeemed himself in that department. In terms of being a brute he was certainly second fiddle to Groot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with this, could change depending on rewatchability. Really liked this one. Wasted no time getting to the action and didn't really let up.

2 minor things that bugged me were, how readily they accepted and trusted Gamora and how ineffective Drax was against Ronan. I thought this guy was going to be a monster and at the very list get a couple shots in on Ronan but he just got his ass kicked, never quite redeemed himself in that department. In terms of being a brute he was certainly second fiddle to Groot.

Insta-trust is often an issue in origin stories, so I think that is just something that needs to be overlooked (IMHO). At least they handled it better than Sony did with ASM2, though.

I COMPLETELY agree about Drax. He brings muscle to the team, but he was completely worthless in all his fights, and is, at best, just Groots equal.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downloaded it from iTunes this week and having a blast think I paid $7.99 and it's worth every penny.