• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks great

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM]World Premiere of First Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And exactly what kind of movie do you think deserves hype? Do you even know what this is about?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to love a racoon who can shoot

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks retarded to me.

I enjoyed the Wolverine ones, though.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks cool, not expecting anything too amazing but definitely looks like a good time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an interesting enough movie, but from little I know about this team, I am not sure why they are included in Phase II. Their interaction with Earth is minimal at best.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an interesting enough movie, but from little I know about this team, I am not sure why they are included in Phase II. Their interaction with Earth is minimal at best.
Yeah the timing for a movie about such an obscure team is strange, but didn't they have some interaction with members from The Avengers in the comics?

A crossover after Avengers 2 could be awesome. Thanos was the guy in the credit scene at the end of Avengers and he is said to have a role in both Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy. Gamora (the green chick in this trailer) is apparently Thanos' adopted daughter.

To those who aren't digging this trailer, I don't think the tone of the movie will be quite as comedic as this 1st trailer suggests. I think this is just an announcement trailer to introduce the public to these characters in a basic manner before we start to see more scenes of walking trees with machine gun wielding raccoons climbing all over. Yeah, there will be a good amount of sarcastic humor, but how can you not like that in a super hero action movie? I just don't think it's going to have the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy tone that this trailer kind of has.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that Stan Lee has nothing to do with this comic book or movie?

I don't know much about the GOTG series so i'm a little lost.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the timing for a movie about such an obscure team is strange, but didn't they have some interaction with members from The Avengers in the comics?

A crossover after Avengers 2 could be awesome. Thanos was the guy in the credit scene at the end of Avengers and he is said to have a role in both Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy. Gamora (the green chick in this trailer) is apparently Thanos' adopted daughter.

To those who aren't digging this trailer, I don't think the tone of the movie will be quite as comedic as this 1st trailer suggests. I think this is just an announcement trailer to introduce the public to these characters in a basic manner before we start to see more scenes of walking trees with machine gun wielding raccoons climbing all over. Yeah, there will be a good amount of sarcastic humor, but how can you not like that in a super hero action movie? I just don't think it's going to have the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy tone that this trailer kind of has.

They were included in "Earth's Mightiest Heros" for one ep, but they were dealing with Captain Marvell's race (forget their name), not Ultron. Maybe they will introduce Marvell in this movie to see how he is received to determine how big of a role he will have in Phase III and later.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it tonight. In a word...FANTASTIC. I'm a comic fan but I never read their source materiel but it didn't matter. The film was great. It's everything you want in a good summer flick; action, good comedy, and kickass visuals. Definitely see this in theaters so you can get the full scope. I'm seriously thinking about going again

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theaters right now about to watch it!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear it. I will be seeing it on the big screen Sunday.

And def watch the end credits vid bits. It's a bit of a shocker and not what many expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. Got a little cheesy and ridiculous at some points, but was visually stunning and definitely entertaining. Overall good movie, but still on the level of The Avengers or Captain America 2 as far as Marvel movies go.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. Got a little cheesy and ridiculous at some points, but was visually stunning and definitely entertaining. Overall good movie, but still on the level of The Avengers or Captain America 2 as far as Marvel movies go.

Eh, that's supposed to say "still not quite on the level".

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy to say that I liked this better than The Avengers?

Here's a little snippet of my review

James Gunn, known for his knack for comedy, gives us a superhero film unlike anything we’ve seen before. Guardians of the Galaxy is a dazzling spectacle filled with humor, wit, and stunning visuals. Led by a group of unlikely heroes; at the helm, is the most unlikely of heroes, Peter Quill aka Starlord aka Andy Dwyer aka Captain Kirk/Han Solo on LSD. Unlike The Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy are made up of a group of outcast and rejects.

Our lead, Starlord, is a charismatic, foul mouthed space thief who runs into trouble when he comes across an orb that possesses infinite powers. Along his journey he gets captured and ultimately crosses paths with Gamora the assassin, Drax the destroyer, Rocket, a gun-toting genetically enhanced raccoon, and Groot the humanoid tree. At the core, these characters are the heart and soul of the film. They’re odd, goofy, and not your typical superheroes, but their emotional core is strong and their back stories are engaging. The characters are very likable and as the movie progresses you develop a strong attachment to the group and start to genuinely care for them.

Bradley Cooper does an incredible job voicing the brash and arrogant Rocket. His voice is nearly unrecognizable. He also adds a lot of depth to his character. On the surface Rocket is a foul mouthed, arrogant raccoon, but his brashness is all a cover up for his damaged emotional core. Chris Pratt absolutely shines as the lead. He does a great job carrying the weight of the film while at the same time injecting his quirky humor and sense of vulnerability. Zoe Saldana is gorgeous as usual even as a revenge driven green alien. Bautista was probably the biggest surprise in this film. I thought surely he would be the weakest link, but he certainly held his own. Groot, with his very limited dialogue and vocabulary, may go down as the fan favorite in the group. He is Rocket’s “muscle” and protector, but his character is sympathetic and easily has the biggest heart in the group

Here's a link to the full review

Enjoy :suds:

Cucumberstastebetterpickled (Guardians of the Galaxy (Movie Review)* For a...)

Last edited by a moderator: