• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GTD (46) Sharks @ Oilers 6:30pm

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I ever want to see Thornton in a shootout (again)...

Marleau is "OK" at it but not great by any means.

The shootout blows. The sooner that shit is taken out of the game, the better. Like someone already wrote, I don't even like it when the Sharks win...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So when is Todd going to use Marleau in the SO? I see the young Edmonton stars did it in Eberle and Hall. I guess Marleau and Thornton own the team, and do what they feel like doing when they feel like doing it? Bullshit!

I think marleau sucks in the SO. Clowe is good but obviously out. Pavs and handzus are the other two best. Tmac put the right guys out, its just that the SO is a crap shoot, so its ok.

As for patty and Joe owning the team? It will never happen until they own themselves. Leading by example is really the only effective leadership style for a captain in hockey. When a captain blocks a key shot, backchecks super hard, or takes a hard check to make a strong play, that's what guys rally around. patty is a little fairy princess who never touches other players, wont win battles and take punishment in the hard areas or skate hard every shift. Jumbo is arguably even worse as he never challenges an opposing defenseman by charging the net or throwing his 235+ weight around. The sharks "leaders" do not play like it, so no one is going to rally around their leadership. Contrast that to sid the kid, toews, chara, Kesler, Iggy and the other leaders (not necessarily captains but leaders) and it's easy to see the difference. And when a leader plays like shit, usually the team follows (see getzlaf earlier in the year, Eric Staal, etc.) When Jumbo and patty float, the team suffers.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
by the way, that's also why the sharks forwards will be in good hands with cooch. that guys works his fucking tail off every shift. As he gets older and more skilled, he will be the perfect captain. unfortunately, dougie needs to start building around him sooner rather than later. No 1st rounders in the organization in the last 4 years (08,9,10,11) is a serious issue. In fact, cooch is the only 1st rounder drafted by the sharks remaining with the team since 1997 (patty) and the two of them are the only 1st rounders with the team at all. That's a serious dearth of youth...

EDIT: petrecki is still in the org, but sure doesnt look NHL-ish.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
by the way, that's also why the sharks forwards will be in good hands with cooch. that guys works his fucking tail off every shift. As he gets older and more skilled, he will be the perfect captain. unfortunately, dougie needs to start building around him sooner rather than later. No 1st rounders in the organization in the last 4 years (08,9,10,11) is a serious issue. In fact, cooch is the only 1st rounder drafted by the sharks remaining with the team since 1997 (patty) and the two of them are the only 1st rounders with the team at all. That's a serious dearth of youth...

EDIT: petrecki is still in the org, but sure doesnt look NHL-ish.

Petrecki is playing top minutes against the top offensive lines in the AHL right now and fairing very well. He should challenge for a full time roster spot next year and at worst be the 1st call up from Worcester.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Petrecki is playing top minutes against the top offensive lines in the AHL right now and fairing very well. He should challenge for a full time roster spot next year and at worst be the 1st call up from Worcester.

really? if so, he must have improved dramatically because in the preseason, he was not very good at all. his decision making was a step or two slow and while he was rather physical, he isnt that big and it didnt seem to make up for his game. I am still skeptical and besides, his ceiling is just a shut down player who is useful for sure, but not the two-way stud that would be nice.

Do the sharks have a single forward in the system with legit top 6 potential or dman with solid top 3 or 4? I see that nieto seems to be good, crane leads OSU, and F hamilton as well as sgarbossa are both among the scoring leaders in the OHL and demelo and abeltshauser are supposed to be having good years too. Moffie leads the CCHA in scoring, but doesnt seem that dominating with just 3 goals. None of the AHLers seem to be anywhere near dominating.

I just wonder if the sharks have anyone coming up who will be a serious impact player?

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
by the way, is there a link to TOI for worcester or any other detailed stats?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
really? if so, he must have improved dramatically because in the preseason, he was not very good at all. his decision making was a step or two slow and while he was rather physical, he isnt that big and it didnt seem to make up for his game. I am still skeptical and besides, his ceiling is just a shut down player who is useful for sure, but not the two-way stud that would be nice.

Do the sharks have a single forward in the system with legit top 6 potential or dman with solid top 3 or 4? I see that nieto seems to be good, crane leads OSU, and F hamilton as well as sgarbossa are both among the scoring leaders in the OHL and demelo and abeltshauser are supposed to be having good years too. Moffie leads the CCHA in scoring, but doesnt seem that dominating with just 3 goals. None of the AHLers seem to be anywhere near dominating.

I just wonder if the sharks have anyone coming up who will be a serious impact player?

All three of those players (Nieto, Sgarbossa, Hamilton) have top six potential. Neito most of all. He reminds me a lot of Phil Kessel when he was with the US Developement Team and at UoM. Crane, DeMelo, and Moffie are solid prospects but are definately 3 to 4 year projects. The biggest surprise may end up being Abeltshauser. Both sides of his game have taken off this year and he may be the best defensive prospect in the system right now.

Petrecki has the potential to replace Murray. You'll gain on mobility and some puck moving ability but loose a bit on the physical play.

by the way, is there a link to TOI for worcester or any other detailed stats?

Unfortunately not that I know of. My office gets them e-mailed from the league on a weekly basis.