• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GTD (46) Sharks @ Oilers 6:30pm

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Kevin Kurz for some odd reason.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: WHY!!!!! Do the sharks shoot WIDE?????

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: why are the Sharks S U C K I N G? ? ? ?

Sharks with Havlat and Clowe out will struggle to score. It's going to be a rough stretch until at least one comes back. And now Burns is hurt. The lack of depth is about to be really felt.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:
Sharks with Havlat and Clowe out will struggle to score. It's going to be a rough stretch until at least one comes back. And now Burns is hurt. The lack of depth is about to be really felt.

But D. Wilson said the Sharks have great Depth on the Sharks!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, one point on the road.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible loss to a very bad Edmonton team. God I wish I could ship Thornton out of San Jose. What a disaster.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13567487.jpg

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lm: is it that time to say "FIRE THE COACH"? :lm:

:noidea: WTF happend, its like the Sharks roster is filled with 4liners and we have one BRIGHT SPOT in Couture.

I sure hope Burns is ok, if he's out for a long time then this team is screwed!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha.. when's the next time the Sharks play Columbus or Edmonton?

Greiss will be ALL OVER those starts...

As for this game. Total fucking snorefest.

Embarrassing loss.

And Burns got hurt to top it all off. :L

patrickjc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Where is Thornton?

Joe Thornton -- one goal in January. ONE GOAL!! Four SOG in the last 4 games, and NONE in the last 2. This from the Captain of the team, and the guy who is supposed to be leading. I assume that he is not playing injured, but the word "invisible" and the term "No Show Joe" certainly seem to apply here. How on earth can a first line center not even take a shot on goal.

I suppose the Sharks will consider getting one point tonight a big victory. The usual, "oh well, we have to be better" will be the quote from the locker room.

SAD!!

patrickjc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Correction

I must apologize. Thornton has had ony 2 shots on goal in the last 4 games, not the 4 I mentioned above.

He is on a goals pace to match his December output when he scored 2 goals in the entire month. He could actually break into double digits for the year before the season ends.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I am very frustrated with a player (and team) that just doesn't seem to put out a lot of effort.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is no doubt that the jumbo-patty combo is nearing its end. Both are in decline and simply put a team cannot succeed with 14M tied up in two underachievers who just do not produce consistently and dont help the team when they arent on the scoresheet (i.e. neither is a great PKer or anything like that). Jumbo has 1 goal in January and 1 PP goal all year. marleau is pointless in his last five and has been kept off the scoresheet in more than half the sharks games (he's been scoreless in 24 of 46). Jumbo has also been pointless in 20 of the games so far. By comparison, cooch has been scoreless in just 18 games. The consistency is just not there from the big bucks on this team.

Jumbo and patty combined for 1 shot vs. the oilers. That's amazingly bad.

Simply put, its true that the sharks lack depth with all the injuries, but these two guys just arent elite players right now. Patty arguably never was and jumbo is just getting too old or just stinking it up for whatever reason. I realllly hope dougie starts thinking about the forwards of the future soon, because I seriously cannot imagine this team contending for a cup this year.

Dougie is obviously going to have those two retire as sharks, but I would love to see marleau for parise straight up to get a good young player, at age 27 who can be the backbone of the team for a good 5+ years. Hell NJ might be up for it since they dont want to lose parise for nothing but they also dont want to bow out of the PO race by dropping him for picks or prospects. Its not gunna happen of course, but I really am getting tired of the "above average" but far from elite quality.

p.s.: Todd is also obviously not getting the mileage either. His PP's are pathetic only to be matched by the PK. No way the sharks compete against the crop of the league (i.e Van/Chi) with him behind the bench.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
by the way, I love joe's response to the question about the sharks anemic PP after the game.

Q: what do you think about the PP that went offside 5 times?
A: we also scored one.

translation: I dont care about being so-so. I dont strive for perfection. I don't care about working my hardest all the time. I am OK with being OK. I take no responsibility for anything.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Brent Burns recovers quickly from that knee on knee.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I like the shootout anymore.
It's always such an anti climactic moment even when your team wins it.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
eh, I dont mind the SO. its more fun than a tie. I am kinda glad the sharks didnt get two points when they were actually lucky to get 1 and winning the SO masks some major problems.

There is something seriously wrong with this team and it's time for a big big name shake up on the level of the jumbo trade 6 years ago. Obviously thornton and marleau arent going anywhere, so they need someone under 30 who can be effective for the next 4-5 years as the next phase of the team.

names like staal, getzlaf, perry, ryan, Parise, Nash, Vanek, and the like should be in the conversation for names like pavelski, clowe, marleau, or thornton. The only player who should be untouchable is cooch no matter what since he is the future leader of the franchise up front. Of course, patty and jumbo arent moving so that leaves something like...

Maybe dougie can pull off a miracle and dangle pavelski, demers/murray, and a 1st rounder for one of those guys. I would do that for any one of them, even parise as long as dougie can resign him. Now that's a deal that actually may be possible?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know if there is a roster freeze during the allstar break? :noidea:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when is Todd going to use Marleau in the SO? I see the young Edmonton stars did it in Eberle and Hall. I guess Marleau and Thornton own the team, and do what they feel like doing when they feel like doing it? Bullshit!