• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden: Kellen Moore is a coach

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden on Kellen Moore: 'What a quarterback, what a game day clutch performer, he is' | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com
yep
Although I am not so sure it's fair to put all the Bronco O on Kellen like Gruden has. He's been a huge part of it and I think Gruden makes the same mistake non Broncos make in thinking it's all going to fall apart w/o Kellen.

ESPN analyst Jon Gruden recently spent a day with former Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore taping a special for his “Gruden’s QB Camp” series.

Gruden left that meeting impressed with Moore and the Broncos’ offense, but with a few serious questions about Moore’s ability to compete in the NFL.

“Kellen Moore is a coach,” Gruden said Wednesday in a teleconference with the media. “He could probably be an offensive coordinator for a lot of teams. This guy knows the game inside and out. I’ve never had a chance to get behind the scenes with the Boise State football team. Kellen Moore is the ringleader of the Boise State Broncos. His poise, his anticipation, his accuracy is outstanding. Is he big enough, does he have enough arm and can he get away from pressure well enough? Those are the challenges ahead of Kellen Moore. What a quarterback, what a game day clutch performer, he is. He’s only a couple plays away from being 53-0.”

Gruden also gave Moore credit for running the Broncos’ complex offense.

“The statistics are marvelous,” he said. “The system of football at Boise is very demanding. They shift more than any team in the country other than maybe Stanford. The volume of different plays, it’s incredible. They do more than a lot of NFL teams.”

Gruden says Moore should be a factor on the third day of the draft, when the fourth through seventh rounds are held.

“You can’t deny production, and sustained production, like Kellen Moore has had,” he said. “I’d like to have a shot of making a few first downs with him.”

Gruden also said the offensive system will be key for Moore — the more complicated the better.

“The more you give Kellen Moore, the better he is,” Gruden said. “You’ve got to put him in a lot of situations where he can use his greatest strengths, and that’s above the neck. He can manage any grouping of formations you want to give him. The guy has a tremendous football background, son of a coach. The system and relying on his accuracy and anticipation, that’s going to be the keys to his success.”

During the call, Gruden was asked to rank his quarterbacks four through six (after Andrew Luck of Stanford, Robert Griffin III of Baylor and Ryan Tannehill of Texas A&M). His favorites: Brandon Weeden of Oklahoma State, Kirk Cousins of Michigan State and Russell Wilson of Wisconsin.

Moore’s special airs at 3 p.m. Thursday on ESPNU.

Read more here: Jon Gruden on Kellen Moore: 'What a quarterback, what a game day clutch performer, he is' | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally take a chance on him in the 4th round or later. It looks like the Redskins are set on RGIII, but I would love to see them take Moore as well. I think he is a great player and a hell of a smart quarterback. Even as a backup, I think he would make the starter better. I would love to have his eyes and brain in the film room with my team.

100%

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally take a chance on him in the 4th round or later. It looks like the Redskins are set on RGIII, but I would love to see them take Moore as well. I think he is a great player and a hell of a smart quarterback. Even as a backup, I think he would make the starter better. I would love to have his eyes and brain in the film room with my team.

100%

indeed sir

I think if drafted to the right team he can become a starter. May not be the biggest player but he definitely has lots of ways to overcome that.