• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Groz the other day....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was listening to Groz's show the other afternoon and he was making a strong case that Petersen's first year was a success and if they do beat Okie St it would be a huge success, and to be honest looking back I feel he's correct.

Petersen removed 7 players, bad off the field decisions, or poor performance in the classroom

Myles misses the spring ball, but bottomline, the kid isn't a big arm QB that can beat you deep and he never will.

Jason Peters had to be removed, the kid was an ass hat on the field and on the sidelines, he could've been a cancer for all we know, the secondary was young and lacked depth, and this move hurt it even more, but had to be done.

Dwayne Washington, this kid is a big back and that is a tradition at UW, it took him a while to understand how to lower his shoulder and use his weight to his advantage, I'm excited to watch him run next season.

Now granted they could've had 10 wins, ( if they win their bowl game) Arizona lose was a coaching loss, and he knows it, but he wont admit it and honestly he shouldn't have to ...

In the long run I think this hire was great for the program and we should see a great return to the national stage ...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call the season a "success." But it's definitely not a failure either. There were plenty frustrations, but there were bright spots as well. They also showed some clear improvement throughout the year.

They did just enough this year to keep most fans content, and we really couldn't have expected too much more. I know the whole 'didn't get a signature win' thing was a bummer, but on the other side they beat (convincingly in most cases) everyone they were supposed to beat.

I guess I just don't want to measure success based on issues Petersen and his staff had to deal with. That kind of thing is its own success, but doesn't make a successful season. One thing that's for sure, I'm still thrilled Petersen is here. He's putting together a fine recruiting class, and in a few years I think he'll have the program back where we all know it should be.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was listening to Groz's show the other afternoon and he was making a strong case that Petersen's first year was a success and if they do beat Okie St it would be a huge success, and to be honest looking back I feel he's correct.

Petersen removed 7 players, bad off the field decisions, or poor performance in the classroom

Myles misses the spring ball, but bottomline, the kid isn't a big arm QB that can beat you deep and he never will.

Jason Peters had to be removed, the kid was an ass hat on the field and on the sidelines, he could've been a cancer for all we know, the secondary was young and lacked depth, and this move hurt it even more, but had to be done.

Dwayne Washington, this kid is a big back and that is a tradition at UW, it took him a while to understand how to lower his shoulder and use his weight to his advantage, I'm excited to watch him run next season.

Now granted they could've had 10 wins, ( if they win their bowl game) Arizona lose was a coaching loss, and he knows it, but he wont admit it and honestly he shouldn't have to ...

In the long run I think this hire was great for the program and we should see a great return to the national stage ...

Easy to say this was the best 'transition' season for a UW head coach in the modern era, but could have and should have been better.

Losing Stringfellow in the off season due to his stupidity hurt that offense's capability and there is no doubt of that. Miles sitting out and Marcus Peters getting shit canned were two big problems for the team. Lost the entire spring to just going back to fundamentals and getting the kids on the new schemes and whatnot.

None of that can be denied, but I also wasn't impressed with in game adjustments and utilizing what pieces they did have effectively for most of the season. Should that worry anyone going forward? Probably not. Once they have a better mix of their kids in place and the existing more up to speed on their stuff most of the problems most likely mostly go away.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call the season a "success." But it's definitely not a failure either. There were plenty frustrations, but there were bright spots as well. They also showed some clear improvement throughout the year.

They did just enough this year to keep most fans content, and we really couldn't have expected too much more. I know the whole 'didn't get a signature win' thing was a bummer, but on the other side they beat (convincingly in most cases) everyone they were supposed to beat.

I guess I just don't want to measure success based on issues Petersen and his staff had to deal with. That kind of thing is its own success, but doesn't make a successful season. One thing that's for sure, I'm still thrilled Petersen is here. He's putting together a fine recruiting class, and in a few years I think he'll have the program back where we all know it should be.

And then the bowl game happened. :L