• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk's Arm Still A Potential Nightmare?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the fact that he took the surgery for the interests of the team and just looking at col, hard business, You get nothing for him right now - nothing for a guy that might be the best tight end to play the game.
Do you trade Wilfork too?
You could get a lot for Brady - even with his current effort.

I say get frustrated and make as many stupid decisions as you can make and show everybody!

When did I say trade Brady or Vince? This is the 1st time Vince is going to miss a long period of time. Brady has been hurt once. Is has nothing to do with he talent, it has to do with the fact he does not trust this team. Trading Gronk is not the end of the world.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys want a guy around who clearly does not trust this team, which is evident by him still not playing? He has gotten someone else to say he is not ready to play. When you start to not trust the people you work for, it is just bad all around. IDK. I smell trouble here.....

True, when you hear that you do wonder what is going on. I just hope we don't have another Welker situation if you see where I'm going. Deep down we all know that Welker and Bill didn't like each other in some capacity. That is one of the reasons I feel that Welker left. Welker wanted to talk more instead of doing the same old "Patriot Way" stuff.

I really like Gronkowski and he helps the team and he makes them that much better. In a way I think the good outweighs the bad here. In some of the interviews that Gronkowski gives it seems like they are on the same page but then you hear all of this stuff that he isn't ready but the Patriots think he is. Just a tough pill to swallow I guess.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys want a guy around who clearly does not trust this team, which is evident by him still not playing? He has gotten someone else to say he is not ready to play. When you start to not trust the people you work for, it is just bad all around. IDK. I smell trouble here.....

There is no indication whatsoever that the patriots have asked Gronk to be ready and he is saying no.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gronk contract and injury history you could never trade him. Just let it play out and see what happens. But if Gronk doesn't come back this year being the old Gronk we might have seen the last of Gronk in a Patriots uniform. You don't play hard ball with the Patriots like he is doing. Not saying he is wrong in this I think he is right by looking out for himself. They will release him and take the cap hit and start over.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gronk contract and injury history you could never trade him. Just let it play out and see what happens. But if Gronk doesn't come back this year being the old Gronk we might have seen the last of Gronk in a Patriots uniform. You don't play hard ball with the Patriots like he is doing. Not saying he is wrong in this I think he is right by looking out for himself. They will release him and take the cap hit and start over.

I see no evidence that "Gronk is playing hard ball with the Patriots" Where is this crap coming from?

He'll be back when he is ready.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots would never release him. They'd be stupid if they did that. Gronk is going to be a Patriot for as long as he wants to. He is hurt and that is all, it is just taking longer than we all thought it would. It sure as hell seems like it is taking longer then the Patriots ever thought. But trading him or releasing him would be stupid.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken Arm

Gronk had plate installed to get him back sooner (last year) Hindsight says it was a bad decision. Now with the abcess, the bone is weakened "unstable" If he comes back in and breaks it again, PLEASE no surgery. The break will heal stronger than new if you leave it the hell alone. Nothing will strengthen that weak spot like breaking it again.

Quit all the trade talk. A bad decision has cost us. Don't compound that bad decision with another. Regardless what happens this year, he'll be completely ready next year.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of joking about trading him, kind of. If he was traded it would not bother me. From all reports we hear, and you all hear them too, is that Gronk is cleared to play. Now weather that is practice or game, who knows. However, when you stud TE goes to Dr. James Andrews, outside of the team Dr, to have him say you are not ready, that does not bode well for anyone. Something it up, and we may never know what it is....all I know is that something STINKS!!!!!

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of joking about trading him, kind of. If he was traded it would not bother me. From all reports we hear, and you all hear them too, is that Gronk is cleared to play. Now weather that is practice or game, who knows. However, when you stud TE goes to Dr. James Andrews, outside of the team Dr, to have him say you are not ready, that does not bode well for anyone. Something it up, and we may never know what it is....all I know is that something STINKS!!!!!

But can't you see why Gronk might do that?

If I had a broken arm and I still wasn't sure if I could go then I would go to a doctor and see what he says, if he says I shouldn't play then I probably wouldn't play. I get that the team doctors are saying that he should be fine but if he ultimately doesn't feel comfortable in playing and wants to go to a surgeon who is known world wide as one of the best then I will go to him and seek his opinion when my whole career depends on it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Brady went to dr Andrews as well. Was he running?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can't you see why Gronk might do that?

If I had a broken arm and I still wasn't sure if I could go then I would go to a doctor and see what he says, if he says I shouldn't play then I probably wouldn't play. I get that the team doctors are saying that he should be fine but if he ultimately doesn't feel comfortable in playing and wants to go to a surgeon who is known world wide as one of the best then I will go to him and seek his opinion when my whole career depends on it.

You only seek other advice when you think they other one giving it to you is full of shit or just does not care about you...So no I cannot blame him..LOL. My point is, if he trusted the NE team Dr he would not be seeking Dr James. My WHOLE thing about this is the trust, and I think it is gone between Gronk and NE.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Brady went to dr Andrews as well. Was he running?

Was this before or after the team Dr cleared him? Plus didn't Dr James do the surgery? Also, Brady was not hurt, then cleared to play, then went out and hurt the same knee during his 1st game back.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a very good doctor. The team probably sent Gronk to him.

It's far more likely they are forcing teams to gameplan for Gronk deliberately than that Gronk is forcing his way to sitting out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only seek other advice when you think they other one giving it to you is full of shit or just does not care about you...So no I cannot blame him..LOL. My point is, if he trusted the NE team Dr he would not be seeking Dr James. My WHOLE thing about this is the trust, and I think it is gone between Gronk and NE.

Looking for wisdom? Seek wise council.
If you are not sure what to do, just do whatever the first person you talk to says?????
Get expert opinion and make an informed decision.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE sent Brady to this guy. Why do you assume they didn't send Gronk as well?

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no evidence that "Gronk is playing hard ball with the Patriots. Brady sounds frustrated that Gronk is not back. Patriots Doctors clearing him to play. BB frustrated. Gronk in Vegas pile driving his brother. Do you remember this Quote. Tom Brady Rob can do whatever he wants in the offseason as long as his arm is 100%. Gronk doesn't trust team doctors and the Patriots don't trust him. Google Rob Gronkowski Parties See how many pictures of Gronk drunk with that cast on. Remember this Quote Gronk said don't worry about it I will be ready by the start of training camp. I hope he come back and plays like he did before but if doesn't they will cut him. They will not wait until the start of next year for Gronk. I still think it is the Patriots doctors fault for putting that plate in.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE sent Brady to this guy. Why do you assume they didn't send Gronk as well?

I really don't think you can compare this to Brady. Maybe they did send him, maybe the didn't. Will we ever know, prob not. I am only going what I have read and what I think. I just think this situation is worse than most people think, I hope I am wrong. My question is, was Brady sent before the team Dr cleared him, or was this after they cleared him. Why would the need a second opinion if the team Dr cleared him?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a serious injury to arguably their second or third best player. It's something you take seriously and there is no evidence whatsoever that him sitting out is anything but the plan, with hints about him playing to make teams prepare for him instead of gameplanning the rookies the entire week. This is Belichick's way, and for all the assholes trying to follow him around with cameras, he is allowed to enjoy himself some, especially in ways extremely unlikely to affect the injury.

There is no reason to make assumptions that there is an issue with no evidence to indicate it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a serious injury to arguably their second or third best player. It's something you take seriously and there is no evidence whatsoever that him sitting out is anything but the plan, with hints about him playing to make teams prepare for him instead of gameplanning the rookies the entire week. This is Belichick's way, and for all the assholes trying to follow him around with cameras, he is allowed to enjoy himself some, especially in ways extremely unlikely to affect the injury.

There is no reason to make assumptions that there is an issue with no evidence to indicate it.

But with some people there is always a problem.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No evidence. NFL Players Association has filed a separate grievance to remove team doctor Thomas Gill. Maybe i'm wrong and Gronk is very happy with the surgery he had and all the players placed on IR are happy too. That is why the grievance was removed. But when he comes back and that plate in his arm breaks and there is a lawsuit coming. JDM your right they will not take his offseason in account. The Patriots can do no wrong and it will end like Christmas all good.