• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Griffey Joins Ownership

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so bitter for some?

Yeah he left, twice...who gives a shit. He played a majority of his career in Seattle, one of the best ever to play, came back for one last run, and now part owner. The team won't let you get over 95' cause thats all we have to celebrate, but time to move on from the bitterness. Randy pisses me off more in that he made the Mariners a cliff note during his retirement and HOF accolades even though he played 10 years for the M's. He will always be the face of the franchise, and if you want guys like Kelenic that come with a lot of attitude to stay in Seattle when we acquire them it's guys like Jr. that will keep them in Seattle. This is a much needed culture change, and just as Jr did in his youth I see him doing it now in changing the culture of this team.
Eh, I can see why Randy not mentioning Seattle much. His best stretch he wasn’t a Mariner and that divorce was ugly between Chuck and Randy. The Mariners did Randy dirty, they didn’t do Griffey wrong and Griffey kind of screwed them by not wanting to go Atlanta.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Kelenic comes to part owner Griffey and says "I am frustrated my homers fall short at Safeco (ya I know) and the team likes Julio better what should I do?" Does Griffey say, "Well son let me tell you a story about a primadonna who got his feelings hurt not once but twice a couple decades back".

Sorry, Griffey will never be my choice for anything Mariners. Edgar? Absolutely. Heck I would take Randy over him. I have every right to be bitter about what he did...twice...and am. It wasn't until they made him a statue and gave him a BS job that he came back. I have no problem with others thinking the total opposite. It's a soft world...lol.
Why so grumpy AZ? LOL

Been awhile man, hope all is well.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Griffey is worth 90ish million I doubt he would want to dump a large amount of that into the Mariners, and if the Mariners are worth 1.63 billion then Griffey probably bought like a 1% stake for publicity.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old!!!!!!

Taking it one day at a time. How about you?
Im good man, was happy to get back into some spring training games this last year.

Looks like we finally have a team, looking forward to this upcoming spring training. Gonna be a lot to watch for assuming we add a few pieces.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im good man, was happy to get back into some spring training games this last year.

Looks like we finally have a team, looking forward to this upcoming spring training. Gonna be a lot to watch for assuming we add a few pieces.
I miss those spring games. I am glad you can go again. This year should be fun if they don't blow it this winter. But what are the chances the M's would blow it??? Looking forward to more conversations with you on here.