• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg and Jake Combine Stats

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Matthews
6'5" height
33 3/8" arm lenght
308 lbs weight
9 7/8" hands
24 reps
4.91 40 yd dash

Greg Robinsion
6'5" height
35" arm lenght
332 lbs
10' hands

32 reps
4.84 40yrd dash

Statistically Greg is physically bigger than Jake.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are pretty close Red_chaos. Too bad we couldn't get both of them. Could you imagine our O-line? I know I am fantasizing here on a number of levels but I know with those two, Saffold, Long, and Jones at center, whew, what an O-line!!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know retro that the Rams have a number of issues to deal with in the draft but a Mathews, Robinson or Lewan in 1st round would be a nice draft for the future. We know Fisher doesn't go O-line in the first but that might be the best way to go. Sign Saffold for guard and have a Barnes, Jones, Saffold, Mathews, Lewan and Long when he gets healthy. This will keep Bradford upright and give him the best chance to succeed. I understand Watkins is a nice pick but the line must be addressed for now and the future. If it looks like Long will be back for the start, the Lewan pick might be looked at but depth is what the Rams have never had.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are like 10 guys that project to be starting tackles in this draft. This is the exact kind of draft that fits into Jeff Fisher's normal draft strategy

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would take technique over power any day of the week. And thats what Mathews vs. Robinson is. Studying Brazilian Jujitsu for over 6 years I can say that technique rules power 90% of the time. Of course if you put a 300 pound man vs. 150 pound man the scales will tip. But they are fairly evenly matched so it's my opinion that Matchews is far more complete than Robinson.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are pretty close Red_chaos. Too bad we couldn't get both of them. Could you imagine our O-line? I know I am fantasizing here on a number of levels but I know with those two, Saffold, Long, and Jones at center, whew, what an O-line!!!
Wouldn't that be something to trade down a bit from 2 to draft one and trade up a bit from 13 to get the other? Worked right it could end up being a wash...:noidea:

Adding them two with Jones, Saffold & Long we'd have a pretty good core on the OL for a long time!

Sure would shut up the Fisher don't draft in the first round and can you imagine the work Paul B would do with some real talent?
Personally I would take technique over power any day of the week. And thats what Mathews vs. Robinson is. Studying Brazilian Jujitsu for over 6 years I can say that technique rules power 90% of the time. Of course if you put a 300 pound man vs. 150 pound man the scales will tip. But they are fairly evenly matched so it's my opinion that Matchews is far more complete than Robinson.
The scheme we run really dictates which is the better fit.

Hey does anyone know if the Rams use a power or pulling OL scheme?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it depends what you are looking for. Robinson is a road grader that is a decent pass blocker. Matthews is your traditional LT--Very good pass blocker and good run blocker. If you want your team to become mean and nasty then Robinson is your guy as any Running Back would love to run behind him. If you want to make sure your franchise quarterback is protected for the next 10 years then Matthews needs to be the guy. They both have some major plusses on their side. Not sure you can go too wrong with either one. I do think Robinson in the NFC West seems very fitting with the physicality. He might teach those Seahawk defensive players a thing or two of what it means to be physical. I would love to see this guy on a collision course with some of their players and watch them think a freight train just hit them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, I think you might have something there with the trade down, trade up scenario. I was having flashbacks to the Slater, Harrah, Saul, Hill days of yesteryear. With Long, Matthews, Jones, Saffold, and Robinson, we would have one helluva O-line and P. Boudreau would be drooling every practice during OTA's.

Sammie would be upright so much, I think he'd be having culture shock and our running game would be splendiferous beyond belief like back to the Slater, Harrah, Saul, Wendall Tyler days. Man, I would like to see that first round but I don't think Fisher would ever pull that trigger with his tendencies and the many needs we have.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Robinson today I think he would be better suited for Guard. He might be a good LT or RT but I think he's a little stiff in the hips when turning and while he's fast in a straight line he didn't seem to have the best lateral movement. I think he would be a huge dominate force at Guard. JMHO of course

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Robinson today I think he would be better suited for Guard. He might be a good LT or RT but I think he's a little stiff in the hips when turning and while he's fast in a straight line he didn't seem to have the best lateral movement. I think he would be a huge dominate force at Guard. JMHO of course

I was thinking the same thing.

But, man, if the Rams did the trade down/trade up scenario and got them both, you could play Matthews at RT once Long is healthy, with Robinson at LG, Saffold at RG. That would be sick.

It won't happen, but we can dream, right?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing.

But, man, if the Rams did the trade down/trade up scenario and got them both, you could play Matthews at RT once Long is healthy, with Robinson at LG, Saffold at RG. That would be sick.

It won't happen, but we can dream, right?

People forget that Robinson is only a sophomore coming out of college (pretty amazing). He is raw. Where Mathews is a senior. Mathews has more experience no doubt, but Robinson is a big young beast who hasn't reached his full potential yet.

I could see Robinson playing guard. Imagine our line with Jake Long(LT), Roger Saffold(G), Greg Robinson(G), Joe Barksdale(RT), Barrett Jones(C). Our run game would be devastating. With Barrett Jones being the only question?

I'm surprised you guys aren't talking about Taylor Lewan?? This kid looks awesome as well, he is a lot like Mathews is size/strength/quickness. There is a small chance that he could possibly drop to 13, but I doubt it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Robinson would be better at guard. He can't pass block NFL DEs yet. He's not polished.

Lewan is the guy I've always wanted, but he might be rising. Bottom line, this draft is deep at OT. So take a beast with that first pick and find an OT with that 13th pick.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that Robinson is only a sophomore coming out of college (pretty amazing). He is raw. Where Mathews is a senior. Mathews has more experience no doubt, but Robinson is a big young beast who hasn't reached his full potential yet.

I could see Robinson playing guard. Imagine our line with Jake Long(LT), Roger Saffold(G), Greg Robinson(G), Joe Barksdale(RT), Barrett Jones(C). Our run game would be devastating. With Barrett Jones being the only question?

I'm surprised you guys aren't talking about Taylor Lewan?? This kid looks awesome as well, he is a lot like Mathews is size/strength/quickness. There is a small chance that he could possibly drop to 13, but I doubt it.
I actually did on another thread, when I suggested picking Watkins/Lewan as No. 2 & 13 on another thread however this thread was about comparing Robinson and Matthews but since you went there....

I agree that Robinson would be better at guard. He can't pass block NFL DEs yet. He's not polished.

Lewan is the guy I've always wanted, but he might be rising. Bottom line, this draft is deep at OT. So take a beast with that first pick and find an OT with that 13th pick.
We all know you mean Watkins! :lol:

Imagine those two with Picks 2 & 13, it would be like Zeke suggests....

Jake Long(LT), Roger Saffold(G), Greg Robinson(G), Joe Barksdale(RT), Barrett Jones(C).
Rams fans :drool:

Z. Stacy :drool: :drool:

S. Bradford :drool: :drool: :drool:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually did on another thread, when I suggested picking Watkins/Lewan as No. 2 & 13 on another thread however this thread was about comparing Robinson and Matthews but since you went there....

Did I mention that I said this on another thread? :L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOBODY drafts a guard #2 overall. Fisher doesn't even draft OTs in the first round, and you want a G at #2?

If OT at #2 is the decision, it has to be Matthews.