• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Weaknesses

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this Broncos team really close to being a very good team, but I see the following weaknesses:
QB - Flacco holds the ball too long at times and seems to wear cement shoes each week. The game plans may have not helped him a lot but he could and should be better.

LT - Bolles is a penalty waiting to happen on any given play.

RG - Ron Leary is about the same place as Bolles on penalties.

TE - We have guys with potential but not anyone that scares anyone at this time. Fant has been a little disappointing in the fact that he has dropped too many balls. This maybe in part due to still adjusting to the NFL game and having to think his way through plays instead of just playing.

CB - Is an issue due to depth. We have yet to see Callahan put a uniform on, Bausby was playing pretty well before he was injured, and now we are down to the other Harris and Dawson. While I think they have played ok, they are really hurt by Chris Harris Jr. on the other side so every mistake is magnified.

QB, LT, RG, and TE are what they are. Maybe this next week we can move Wilkinson to RG with James likely to return. At some point we may try Jake Rodgers at LT, but I don’t think that is coming soon.

For TE I would be interested in giving Fumagali a chance as the blocking TE but again that is probably not coming soon.

At QB I think Flacco has 2 weeks or Lock will be named the starter after the bye week.

CB might get better as Callahan should be getting close to returning or one would hope.

Did I miss any areas of concern from a players perspective where a change may need to be made?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - nice accounting of the Bronco's greatest weaknesses. My weakness is good BBQ.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway and his mini me Matt Russell
Get Jim Harbuahh or Adam Peters

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's not the greatest weakness, I feel we could use an upgrade at punter, and as a result, our punt coverage has been inconsistent .. this is all compounded by the fact that the anemic offense cannot generate drives on a consistent basis, losing yards on bland first down running plays, driven 10 yards back by holding penalties, etc …

When you've got a mediocre punter constantly punting from inside our own 30, that not going to help win many games …

I think Wadman's lack of hangtime is a big factor in these huge punt returns we've given up … We need a boomer, and Wadman hasn't been much of one, esp considering where he's punting -- Mile High ..

While I was not expecting the second coming of Peyton Manning as far as leadership and offensive potency, Flacco has been a disappointment, esp in the leadership and fire category .. He is a statue back there, and it should not be downplayed how important it is for a QB to at least be able to extend a play or pick up a 1st down when there are obvious lanes up the middle ..

The only drive vs KC that yielded points was that opening drive, which was aided by two 3rd down KC penalties … That first drive would have died scoreless had in not been for the penalties, but that just illustrates the fine line between a punt and a TD -- how one 3rd conversion will make or break a drive, and ultimately, a game ..

We need a QB who can create that one needed 3rd down conversion … I'm not saying we need Lamar Jackson or Randall Cunningham, but someone who can at least be a threat to keep a drive going ...

We cannot hang on to Flacco all season and have a replay of Osweiler or Lynch in that we keep a potential QBOTF sitting on the bench … The sooner the better we find out what we have in Lock ..

Flacco's choke in the KC game turned my stomach and there is no way we can count on him considering the failures at LT …

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked up the stats, and Wadman has a miserable 38.6 net avg, which is 2nd worst in the NFL

That is unforgivable considering where he is punting half his games ...

That like saying if Wadman is punting from the 20 in, the opposing team gets the ball near FG range without even running another play ..

This will wear down and demoralize any defense

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do great and weaknesses go together? ;)

Denver's biggest weakness?

Ownership and GM.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add a 3rd weakness denial how far away this roster truly is. Heard we aren't that far away since SB50 stop it til we actually see it on field.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fans are our greatest weakness. No one in the organization can make a move that even hints at a rebuild without everyone losing their shit. Denver fans are some of the most overreactive drama queens around(don’t worry I’m including myself in some of this) and so if the team doesn’t pretend to be competitive every year the fans won’t allow it.

What we need is for the fans to accept that we’re going to have to be in a rebuild in order to get back to where we were and that may mean not putting out a competitive product for a year or two and if you’re not OK with that then things will never change we’ll be stuck in the same rut we have been since our SB win.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add a 3rd weakness denial how far away this roster truly is. Heard we aren't that far away since SB50 stop it til we actually see it on field.

I don’t know that talent wise the roster is so bad as a whole. There are key areas that are not good (LT) being one and others where depth is not good. Every NFL team has some depth issue of some sort.

There is something missing or off though, and I am wondering if it is coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fans are our greatest weakness. No one in the organization can make a move that even hints at a rebuild without everyone losing their shit. Denver fans are some of the most overreactive drama queens around(don’t worry I’m including myself in some of this) and so if the team doesn’t pretend to be competitive every year the fans won’t allow it.

What we need is for the fans to accept that we’re going to have to be in a rebuild in order to get back to where we were and that may mean not putting out a competitive product for a year or two and if you’re not OK with that then things will never change we’ll be stuck in the same rut we have been since our SB win.

I think you just defined yourself. ;)

But in all honesty- That is every fanbase. Just something you have to get use to as a fan.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up thru the end of last season, Kyle Shanahan had a worse HC record than Vance did to that point ..

On the field and in the front office, the 9ers have completely turned things around .

Just a few seasons ago, the 49ers were one of, if not the worst team in the NFL … Kyle Shanahan did not come in and make an immediate impact, as it took time for things to come together …

The 9ers have a great defensive coordinator and a young franchise QB … and a very capable HC in Shanahan who has obvious ties to offensive success

Here's a question:

The 9ers were 0-8 in the 2017 season, and after Jimmy G was put in as the starter, they reeled off 5 straight wins ..

Was this simply a matter of one player changing an entire team's ability to win games, or, is there truth to the notion that chemistry, momentum and finding the right fit - even in one position - can alter the course of an organization ??

I believe in Vic Fangio .. He is everything I would hope for in a HC … and I like the fact that we have a HC from the defensive side of the ball … The Broncos ultimate success lies in January playoff football, and that means defense ...

So, how many here still think HC needy teams will be breaking down the door to get at Rich Scangarello ??

Scangarello is calling plays for the first time in the NFL .. We've seen glimpses … Courtland Sutton has shown huge upside … The run game has looked great, and then disappeared … TEs, once again, have been lacking ..

Seems like a first time signal caller taking his lumps on the NFL level ...

I think elevating this OL to a strength and getting the most out of Drew Lock would turn this team around, fast ..

That, and a bit of experience in their new roles for our staff ….

Seeing what we have in Lock is, IMHO, a priority

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep at some point, you have to make a stand and build a team.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we have the staff.

We are missing Impact WR

2 physical players on D I am with Chris Harris, not enough bite.

We never addressed a Burner WR either and it shows.