1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Cfb Coach of All-Time?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by fredsdeadfriend, Dec 30, 2018.

1. fredsdeadfriend

fredsdeadfriend Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

She's done several photo shoots. So after most of them. And no, she's not from Canada.

2. fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

So carson, back to football. I know who your #1 all time is, you got a Top 5? Or a Mt Rushmore as others here have posted?

3. Cafe_Puro

Cafe_Puro Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Imma go with meyers.. He is only a bit better than hardboiled.. Meyers has a winning personlity that infects all those around. I will not entertain any arguments.. Meyers! End of thread!:hope:

4. Cafe_Puro

Cafe_Puro Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Where would joe pa be on your list?

5. batchaps4me

batchaps4me Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 499

Bama claims one for the year they finished 6th in the conference.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chewbaccer

Chewbaccer Illustrious Potentate

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,796

Alabama has some doozies they claim.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Worst one Minnesota claims, is 1960, and I guess some argue, they were already named Natl Champs, so didn't go to the Rose Bowl hungry for a win? Losing the game didn't cost them their Title, technically. Just cast a shadow of doubt ever since.

So fill us in on the worst examples of Bama claiming Natty's that are, shall we say, questionable/controversial.

8. Chewbaccer

Chewbaccer Illustrious Potentate

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,796

The one mentioned where they finished 6th in the SEC, and 1964 are the two the come to mind, and there's others that I'd have to look up.

9. TexasExes98

TexasExes98 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Saban hands down. How the fuck did Bammer land two of the greatest coaches of all time? Tuscaloosa sucks ass.......J/K, been to Tuscy before. Cool town.......Although DKR did own the Bear.......

10. TexasExes98

TexasExes98 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I'm going to be a homer here, but one coach that doesn't get enough credit is Darrell K. Royal. Coach Royal definitely deserves to be on the Mount Rushmore of coaches, IMO. 3 natties, numerous conference titles, owned Wilkinson and the Bear and retired at the young age of 53 so who knows what would have happened if he coached till he was 80 something years old.

11. DeafOranguntan

DeafOranguntan Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Joe Pa would probably be in my top 15. He'd be right around 13. I'd have Switzer, Yost, Leahy, Wilkinson, and Spurrier above him for sure. Probably Neyland too. But off the top of my head, I think Hayes and Joe would be in the next group. Both were very good coaches. Joe Pa is held back by the fact that he only won 2 national championships in 46 seasons and only one Big 10 title after the wins vacation (3 without). I also think when we're discussing greatest coaches, rather than best, you have consider their mark on history and how they impacted the game and their school. The sexual abuse scandal really deals a massive blow to his legacy, and his inaction really tarnished college football and Penn State for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeafOranguntan

DeafOranguntan Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

No, I think Royal is a great coach, so no real homerism there. The fact that he coached for 20 seasons, won 11 conference championships and 3 titles is insanely impressive. He's the best coach Texas ever had, and basically is the one who made them a blue-blood school. However, if we're talking Mount Rushmore, there will only be like 4-5 coaches able to be up there. As you said, he retired young, so didn't rack up the numbers many other coaches did. He was a very conservative playcaller, and didn't fundamentally change the game like many others did. However, his legacy was tarnished a bit, and his character is up for question, after Gary Shaw's book came out. So yeah, I think he was a very, very good coach, and would be in the top 25 coaches of all time for sure, but definitely would not earn a place on Rushmore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moab

Moab Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 15

I'm not sure I can quantify this that easily. It's not like hoops coaches where there are guys that can beat your team with their guys and then if you give them a week they could take your team and get them to beat his guys. I don't know if there is a coach in CFB that could do that with an entire season... in the end it comes down to getting great players and doing a great job, so yes there are some great coaches, I just don't know that we need to spend the money chiselling some rock

14. fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Bernie Bierman = SEVEN Natl Titles. At 2 different schools. Who wins Natl Titles at Tulane? only an amazing coach.

15. PIBuckeye

PIBuckeye Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

newsflash, you're the freak in this forum if you have a problem with some guy who posts hot women as avys...... holy shit. unbelievable.........

• Like Like x 1
  16. fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Hey Carson, you act all holier than thou, but you realize the Bible condemns those who judge others, right? It also condemns those who bear false witness against others. But you know this right?

17. carson

carson Death by inches

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,018

I could give 2 fucks about the bible, creep

18. poewelch84

poewelch84 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Bear Bryant's college coach and mentor played for Rockne at Notre Dame.

19. fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Oh, I get it, you are senile? lol I'm sorry old man. That's gotta suck. My father is almost 90 and still has all of his faculties, so I can't relate.

20. SignalBama

SignalBama Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

If Saban wins tonight my vote shifts from Bryant to Saban.