• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great WR Article from Rogers on M-live

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thruthefog,

I wont steer you guys wrong. Just sit back and relax and get stoned or whatever! Lol

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thruthefog,

I wont steer you guys wrong. Just sit back and relax and get stoned or whatever! Lol

It's not you I'm worried about.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just maybe he steps in and takes Miss Coldstone away. Matt goes in a deep depression loses weight and vows to be the best QB ever...:noidea:

300x250__533b4cad179a3.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you posted got Tate a second round grade and a #3-4 spot on the depth chart in Seattle. Watkins is a top 3 player in a draft loaded with WRs.

Comparing stuff like that doesn't compare the players.

Theoretically it does compare them. It just does not translate to what will transpire in the NFL. Tate has proven himself on Sundays. Watkins has shown me nothing to compare him to.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he caught the majority of his balls within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I'm hearing that Millenhew catches the majority of his balls within 5 inches from his chin.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who wouldn't be all that surprised if Odell Beckham Jr. turned out to be the best WR in this year's class? He's got the speed, good WR build (lacks elite height though), good hands, very athletic, burst, and is supposed to be the best route-runner in the draft.

I watch him play and see a taller DeSean Jackson.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just maybe he steps in and takes Miss Coldstone away. Matt goes in a deep depression loses weight and vows to be the best QB ever...:noidea:

300x250__533b4cad179a3.jpg

Looks like she gives some great hummers.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that would involve logic, vision, and unemotional decision making. Have you ever seen any of those qualities from The Clown Show?

Duh! Did you hit your head lately? :suds:

Got a feeling the clown show is going to go"all in" like Dumars did last off season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you posted got Tate a second round grade and a #3-4 spot on the depth chart in Seattle. Watkins is a top 3 player in a draft loaded with WRs.

Comparing stuff like that doesn't compare the players.

Ok -- what would you like to compare them with? I gave you all their combine numbers, I gave you their final season stats in college. Hell -- if anything, trying to compare Watkins to Tate, instead of the other way around, is wrong, as Tate has proven he can put up stats in the NFL. Watkins has the same amount of catches in the NFL as I do.

If NFL draft analysts were always right -- they'd be NFL GM's, instead of getting paid to give their opinion.

Since you say you can't compare the two players based on their stats and combine numbers. You tell me why they aren't very similar players. If anything -- I'm giving Watkins a complement by comparing him to a proven NFL WR, who just signed a big contract.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to jump in here. I agree with Lionstop on something.

I will ask Truththefog the same question. If comparing their combine numbers and final year in college is out. What criteria are you using to compare the two players?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok -- what would you like to compare them with? I gave you all their combine numbers, I gave you their final season stats in college. Hell -- if anything, trying to compare Watkins to Tate, instead of the other way around, is wrong, as Tate has proven he can put up stats in the NFL. Watkins has the same amount of catches in the NFL as I do.

If NFL draft analysts were always right -- they'd be NFL GM's, instead of getting paid to give their opinion.

Since you say you can't compare the two players based on their stats and combine numbers. You tell me why they aren't very similar players. If anything -- I'm giving Watkins a complement by comparing him to a proven NFL WR, who just signed a big contract.

Devils advocate...
You stated that a high % of Watkins REC. were within 5 yards of line of scrimmage... Fact<<<just for you
Have you watched his other receptions to see what routes he has run and whether he runs them with a precise skillset?

The metrics put together give us the stats of where WR rec. are at. CB metrics are same way. Can I make the same assumption that Dennard sucks in zone coverage or if he plays 5-10 yards off. The majority of his snaps are tight and in man press. Should I watch his tape and then state my opinion or just assume because the metrics tells me different?