• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Video on our new kicker

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So thought I would share this video of our new kicker and just his long hard fight to get back this NFL season. Seems like a guy determined to be great. Just hoping that works out for him and our team both.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3HdfHzSWM]Connor Barth Road to recovery - YouTube[/ame]

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes a big inspirational story unfolds when determination overcomes adversity. Here's to Barth and the Broncos beginning a new chapter.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great video. Thanks for sharing, randymon. :suds:

Connor Barth could be an inspiration for this team. No doubt he will bring a more reliable kicking game.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good form vs. chiefs and great start... now lets see what he can do from a bit longer out

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good form vs. chiefs and great start... now lets see what he can do from a bit longer out

The biggest thing I noticed about his kicks were they all went straight down the middle. For a night with the wind like it was he was kicking with confidence. Good to see for a guy just signed off the street a week ago. I actually was a pretty big McManus fan but you could tell his confidence was just gone. All his field goals looked pretty shaky even the ones he made. For kicking honestly it does seem like about 95% of it is the mental side of it and once that is gone the player is in trouble. Heck Prater is dealing with it now where he hasn't looked very good this year. His suspension really messed with his head. So hopefully we can keep seeing this from Barth moving forward. From what I understand he was making them pretty easily from 60 in his try out so I think even when they push him back a bit further I'm still very confident in his abilities.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an interesting idea was brought about on MileHigh to help with our kick off issues. Some on here have suggested bringing back McManus to do kick offs. MighHighReport took it a step further and said how about have McManus come back and do kick off duties plus take Colquitt's job doing punts. McManus was both the kicker and punter in college. He averaged around 45 yards per punt. That would put him right outside the top-10 in the NFL. Throw in he would be kicking at altitude most of the time which would improve that average. As of right now Colquitt is 28th in the NFL in average punt distance. Now obviously distance doesn't matter as much as pinning a team deep but Colquitt has been pretty average at that as well. Not sure McManus coming in would do that much worse plus saves us some more money for next year. Just a thought I would throw out there. Obviously the team doesn't listen to any of us on here but thought it really wasn't the worst idea I have heard. Only two issues I really see with this. How practiced up is McManus as a punter as it has been a year or two since he had full time punting duties? Second would be there is a timing and art to punting so would this throw off our special teams?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CBS sports it looks like we re-signed McManus to the practice squad. I'm wondering if we will use him on kickoffs if Barth doesn't get too many touchbacks Sunday.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another new kicker. We signed McManus again and cut Isaiah Burse.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That move actually surprises me a bit. Bourse hasn't been great but he has been reliable in at least securing the ball.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That move actually surprises me a bit. Bourse hasn't been great but he has been reliable in at least securing the ball.
That does surprise me too. Burse kind of looked like he might of got message of just one move and turn it up field in the last game. I think he only muffed one punt so far this season, and I would def prefer ball security to a occasional decent return and more turnovers. Hmnnn, think they should have given him at least one more shot though. Looks like Bolden prob gets the shot since he did takeover in the end of Kc game. ( I believe):noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen there is a good chance that Emmanuel Sanders is going to be the guy. He has some experience doing it and probably has the best hands on the team.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders will be a great return man if he can field the kicks cleanly. Dude has the deadly combo of speed and quickness.

Good for McManus getting another shot. We could use the strong leg on kickoffs, and maybe he can continue to practice FGs and get some confidence at that too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the Broncos would bring him back. We can't have teams starting beyond the 30 every time we kick off. Say we kick off 5 times...that could be an extra 50-100 yards we are giving the other team.