• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great News Sixer Fans Joel Embiid has torn meniscus

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means they will tank hard. With the impending Okafor trade (for my money at least for a first rounder, But most likely Rondo), it looks like Embiid will get to rest until next year and meet up with Simmons, Their new SG, Covington, and Noel. If the Bull trade does indeed include Rondo, that would plug a spot they sorely needed (but lets be honest, a PG who cant shoot? Fuck that). Could have been worse.

PG TJ Mconnel (looking like a perfect fit)
SG Simmons
SF Covington
PF Noel
C Embiid

Not including already plugging in role players and impending Draft picks. Must be nice!

If i were a sixers fan my hands would be fucking shaking at the potential, and the potential to fuck it all up lmao.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This means they will tank hard. With the impending Okafor trade (for my money at least for a first rounder, But most likely Rondo), it looks like Embiid will get to rest until next year and meet up with Simmons, Their new SG, Covington, and Noel. If the Bull trade does indeed include Rondo, that would plug a spot they sorely needed (but lets be honest, a PG who cant shoot? Fuck that). Could have been worse.

PG TJ Mconnel (looking like a perfect fit)
SG Simmons
SF Covington
PF Noel
C Embiid

Not including already plugging in role players and impending Draft picks. Must be nice!

If i were a sixers fan my hands would be fucking shaking at the potential, and the potential to fuck it all up lmao.
id assume the Sixers would cut Rondo shortly after that trade. I dont think they would have any interest in him long term or short term.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id assume the Sixers would cut Rondo shortly after that trade. I dont think they would have any interest in him long term or short term.

Why in the world would the Sixers want Rondo. He is the worst possible option for them for PG. They are better off sticking with McConnell.

They don't need expiring contracts either.

If the Sixers were to take Rondo that would mean that they would want MORE from the Bulls than a trade without him.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would the Sixers want Rondo. He is the worst possible option for them for PG. They are better off sticking with McConnell.

They don't need expiring contracts either.

If the Sixers were to take Rondo that would mean that they would want MORE from the Bulls than a trade without him.
My guess is Rondo, i dont anyone else they would package.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how that is something that the Sixers would do.
I dont either but Ive seen stranger trades. Getting a pick (even if it is a second rounder) for Okafor would be a solid pick up and maybe Rondo fits who knows? Okafor looks like a solid big man to me. Rebounding, some D, and average offense. I mean honestly the trade wouldn't be that bad. Rondo could provide a fiery intensity and veteran leadership a team like that really needs. Hes a vocal player that has not fit in Chicago. He has had spurts of fine games (he dropped a trip dub this year so he can still play). His bread and butter has always been penetrate and pass and he can still do that. If he walks as long as with a pick its a not a loss for the Sixers. I dont think any team will give them a first this year considering the Drafts depth. But maybe next, yet i dont see Okafor being that valuable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont either but Ive seen stranger trades. Getting a pick (even if it is a second rounder) for Okafor would be a solid pick up and maybe Rondo fits who knows? Okafor looks like a solid big man to me. Rebounding, some D, and average offense. I mean honestly the trade wouldn't be that bad. Rondo could provide a fiery intensity and veteran leadership a team like that really needs. Hes a vocal player that has not fit in Chicago. He has had spurts of fine games (he dropped a trip dub this year so he can still play). His bread and butter has always been penetrate and pass and he can still do that. If he walks as long as with a pick its a not a loss for the Sixers. I dont think any team will give them a first this year considering the Drafts depth. But maybe next, yet i dont see Okafor being that valuable.

Rondo is a defensive sieve with a questionable motor and intensity. I have never heard anyone speak of Rondo as being someone with leadership skills.

But putting all that aside, Rondo is probably the WORST possible fit for the Sixers. He's purely a play maker with a weak outside shot. The Sixers need the exact opposite. Their stated plan is to play through Simmons as the 3 or 4 depending on who is on the court. To make that work they will NEED reliable outside shooters. Otherwise teams will just collapse on the front court.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad for the 76ers. Oh well let's hope for their sake he's back and healthy for next year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad for the 76ers. Oh well let's hope for their sake he's back and healthy for next year.

He's only done for the year if the Sixers want him to be.

I'm guessing they would rather he got minutes and that he will be back once Simmons is back, after the All-Star break.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be wise to start tanking and position themselves below the Lakers at the #3 spot behind BKN & PHX in the tank standings, that way they get a decent shot at landing two top 7 picks.