• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Jed York Article

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to your list, Washington is struggling to win with Griffin, so I don't see them winning with Cousins.
Hassellbeck is a maybe, but Indy is considerably worse with Hass than Luck.
Denver may keep winning with Osweiler because they're that good elsewhere (same argument could be made for us with McCoy if our defense plays like it can).
Dallas struggles with Romo, don't see them being any kind of good with Orton.
I think new England, with all the no-name pass catchers they have right now would struggle mightily with Mallett (and I was probably the biggest Mallett supporter on the board a few years ago).
Houston could be somewhat successful with Yates largely because they've been somewhat successful with shit from Schaub.

My opinion was based on the statement that they could win one game. I agree with you that Osweiller is probably the best suited backup as of now. Hasselbeck is a wildcard to me but better than say a Painter for NYG. Dallas and Orton is based on Orton having experience as a starter, over say a Matt Flynn in Oakland. Mallett would struggle but has great coaching and has gotten to learn from Brady, I believe they could all win atleast one game.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams are not strong at backup QB. They are significantly worse if their starter gets injured.

I do feel we have a strong roster. I think the evidence for that lies in the fact that we are still considered one of the better teams in the league despite 2 of our top 3 (possibly 3 of our top 4 depending on Patton vs Baldwin/Williams) out with injuries, our all pro pass rusher out with alcoholism, our starting NT out for the season, our pro bowl TE missing a game and playing with a bad hamstring, our all-world ILB missing at least one game with a groin injury, our #3 CB out for the season (and his replacement out with a knee injury). . .

Yet we're still considered one of the best teams in the league. I would say we have some very good depth.

You all need to understand I was simply saying that those are the teams that I think can win a game with their backup. Not win 5-10 games.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion was based on the statement that they could win one game. I agree with you that Osweiller is probably the best suited backup as of now. Hasselbeck is a wildcard to me but better than say a Painter for NYG. Dallas and Orton is based on Orton having experience as a starter, over say a Matt Flynn in Oakland. Mallett would struggle but has great coaching and has gotten to learn from Brady, I believe they could all win atleast one game.

orton is a good back up, he can win games if he gets hot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jmeds list is pretty much the teams I was thinking of with depth at the position. I did think they would scare anyone or rise the stock of the team but they are serviceable. Without just focusing on that part of my post, do you guys think we have a "strong" roster?

doesn't "roster" include the starters?