• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great FA now what about the Draft!?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that Free Agency is just about done for us (maybe one or two more veteran minimum type deals) how are you leaning in the draft position or prospect wise?

For me 1st round the positions I see as real prospects would be Corner and Guard/Tackle. Seen somewhere that all of the prospects the Broncos have brought in for interviews have been 3rd round or later prospects so some are starting to lean towards the idea that the Broncos are going to continue to be aggressive and trade up in the 1st round. If we do this wouldn't mind doing it for guys like Martin of Notre Dame to play LG for us (best guard prospect in the draft in my opinion but going to probably go top 15) or Gilbert/Dennard for the Corner position. Wouldn't mind going after CJ Mosley either to man the middle of our defense.

If we stay put Kyle Fuller is my favorite Corner prospect behind the top guys as I think he fits our system perfectly being a very physical Corner that has enough size/speed to keep up when needed. Xavier Su'a-Filo would be my favorite guard prospect that could actually be available at our pick.

Now 2nd round it will depend. Say we go Fuller in round 1 then for guard Gabe Jackson looks like a great prospect. Very well-rounded guy that has played against some pretty quality guys in college yet did not give up a sack. Say we go Su'a-Filo in round 1 then Keith McGill would be a guy I wouldn't mind one bit for us. A bit of a project but has the size and speed you really want in an outside Corner. I realize MLB is a position of need as well so could see us go after Chris Boreland here. Some have said teams think he could be a borderline 1st round pick but with the downgrade of the MLB position in the NFL most likely he falls a bit.

Any other guys you guys/gals have in mind?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver moves up, the last thing they should do is use it on an offensive guard. They'll likely look for a CB or LB that could start on day one. Maybe they are eyeing Dennard.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver plans on trading up, they can use the #31 and # 63 picks to pick at #18-#19 overall. Anything higher would require additional compensation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver plans on trading up, they can use the #31 and # 63 picks to pick at #18-#19 overall. Anything higher would require additional compensation.

This is why my guess is Dennard would probably be the target. That is about where teams have him going. I've seen him as high as 13 and as low as 23 so you find the middle and 18 sounds about right. I also understand your concern about trading up for a guard but Martin is pretty darn impressive and is day 1 a huge upgrade over Beadles. Not saying it is what I would do as I think a guy like Gabe Jackson could be a very good prospect or even later in the draft one of my personal favorites is Joel Bitonio. He dominated the Senior Bowl week from what I understand and has a major nasty streak about him.

Honestly the Broncos could go a lot of different ways with these picks. Heck I could even see them even after signing two players in Free Agency going WR. Defensive Tackle or Defensive End even make sense. Right now I don't see us going Safety, Quarterback, Running Back, Offensive Tackle (in the sense that we would want them to play OT), OLB. All other positions seem fair game.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our need is probably like this:

1. CB
2. G
3. MLB
4. O-line depth
5. WR depth

I think we did well enough in FA that we have a little more freedom than prior to FA. It will be interesting to see what Elway and company have in store. I think they have already narrowed in on a few early round talents and are trying to figure out the diamonds in the rough in the later rounds.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All possible scenarios but if Denver did trade up, I hope its LB personally. If Denver did get offer to trade out of first with opportunity to get a upper 2nd rder in addition to their 62 pk, I`d be elated. I just think all teams realize what a deep draft this is and will be reluctant to give up 1-3 rd pks to move up. Unless its to jump back for a qb. Denver at 31 just isn`t in a good position for a team to jump back in. Prob teams sitting at around pks 20-27 would get better shot for trading out. If Denver stays pat, I say the BPA isn`t a long shot to happen. I just don`t think it`ll be wr with 1st 2 pks. Very deep class. More like....LB/DB @ 31, DB/DE/LB @ 62 and WR/G @ 93???? Going to be real exciting I know that

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we literally have two guards on the team, one of which is a converted D-Lineman in Garland, one center who was a 3rd stringer (yeah we need a real center IMO). I would say................

Interior line
Interior line
and interior line.

Especially how Seattle's D-Line dominated us up front.....

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the loss of Beadles is gonna sting more than most do.

What would you guys like to see as our opening day starting OL?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CB or O-line are the two biggest needs on Day 1. We have and can continue to get by in the MLB department.

Right now, our CB looks like an injury prone Talib, Harris coming back from ACL injury, Webster who was abused at times last year, and Carter who is mostly a backup. Those options do not inspire much secondary confidence.

I think the O-line needs a guard the most. I think we gain more by improving that position than center.

If we go CB, G, or MLB on Day 1 I will be happy. (One mock had Mosley falling to us because of some of the previous teams needs, I would probably shit a brick if that happened.)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CB or O-line are the two biggest needs on Day 1. We have and can continue to get by in the MLB department.

Right now, our CB looks like an injury prone Talib, Harris coming back from ACL injury, Webster who was abused at times last year, and Carter who is mostly a backup. Those options do not inspire much secondary confidence.

I think the O-line needs a guard the most. I think we gain more by improving that position than center.

If we go CB, G, or MLB on Day 1 I will be happy. (One mock had Mosley falling to us because of some of the previous teams needs, I would probably shit a brick if that happened.)

Yeah I think CB or O-Line has to be the top choices here. I like our Corner position if they can stay healthy but depth is a must even if our guys were not injury prone. I do expect Webster to take a nice leap in playing ability this year but getting another top level corner to go with our pass rush should make this defense dangerous this next season.

Guard it just depends. If the Broncos think they have an in house option to replace Beadles then that sounds wonderful. The Bronco coaches would know better than anybody if they have somebody like that though. I do know the Broncos are very high on Painter as he was one of the players that stayed everyday after practice to work with the coaches one on one to perfect his technique. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance at the spot. Otherwise a guy like Su'a-Filo would be perfect in round one. He is equally great at run blocking as he is at pass blocking. Gives us a solid line for years to come especially on the interior.

Mosley I am torn on. I have heard he has some knee issues which is causing his draft stock to plummet right now. Remember a few years ago when we had a DE being mocked to us at the 2nd overall pick to only see him fall into the late 2nd round after it was found that he had more knee problems than first thought? If he is there at 31 though he is definitely a very solid player. Not really outstanding at one thing but good at everything. He would be a good guy to have man the middle if healthy for the next 5 years for our defense.

Still if I had to make a choice right now I think Kyle Fuller would be my choice. He is a big strong corner that I think fits the aggressive defense we are trying to build.