• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grapevine Craft brewery

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how far their distribution goes, but these guys are legit. Had their Monarch American wheat this week, and think it would be a great weekday drinking beer. It's like most american brand name beers (closest to Bud Light I think) but without an acidic aftertaste. Picked up their Sir Williams Brown Ale and Lakefire Rye pale ale. I don't like the Rye ale, but my wife loves it. Sir Williams is about the best beer I've had. It's got a lot of flavor without being "heavy".

I'm not a big time beer guy so I don't know exactly how to describe em, but if you are in the DFW area or see their beer, give em a try. I've only seen them in cans, and they have a plastic can holder (instead of those fish killing loops) that are a pain in the ass to get off the can. The good news is it makes them easy to find in the coolers at the store.

SirWilliams.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are trying to promote this brewery, and I fully admit I have never tried anything by them. They could be awesome. This review is likely to do the opposite of promoting them, for craft beer drinkers: " It's like most american brand name beers (closest to Bud Light I think) but without an acidic aftertaste."

It's like telling BBQ fans that it tastes like Arby's, but slightly less sour, and expecting them to think that's a good thing.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are trying to promote this brewery, and I fully admit I have never tried anything by them. They could be awesome. This review is likely to do the opposite of promoting them, for craft beer drinkers: " It's like most american brand name beers (closest to Bud Light I think) but without an acidic aftertaste."

It's like telling BBQ fans that it tastes like Arby's, but slightly less sour, and expecting them to think that's a good thing.

...only if they're a haughty beer snob.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no idea how far their distribution goes, but these guys are legit. Had their Monarch American wheat this week, and think it would be a great weekday drinking beer. It's like most american brand name beers (closest to Bud Light I think) but without an acidic aftertaste. Picked up their Sir Williams Brown Ale and Lakefire Rye pale ale. I don't like the Rye ale, but my wife loves it. Sir Williams is about the best beer I've had. It's got a lot of flavor without being "heavy".

I'm not a big time beer guy so I don't know exactly how to describe em, but if you are in the DFW area or see their beer, give em a try. I've only seen them in cans, and they have a plastic can holder (instead of those fish killing loops) that are a pain in the ass to get off the can. The good news is it makes them easy to find in the coolers at the store.

SirWilliams.png

I didn't realize swampwater had an acidic aftertaste.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got no association with the brewery other than I have recently discovered them and know there are quite a few DFW posters here.

I'm not going to omit or lie about one of their beers and what it reminds me of. Their others I have tried were honest reviews as well. :noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize swampwater had an acidic aftertaste.

It's got something, and that's the best I know how to describe it as...acidic like after you have thrown up. :pound:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will just say, if an american wheat ale is tasting like an american light lager...the wheat ale seems to have missed its mark.

just my opinion

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't tried their fare. Lots of good craft breweries up around DFW.

Lakewood, Revolver, Peticolas, Deep Ellum Brewing Co, Rahr, 4 Corners...all make some tremendous beers.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will just say, if an american wheat ale is tasting like an american light lager...the wheat ale seems to have missed its mark.

just my opinion

I may have an unrefined beer palate, but the wife and I both came to the same conclusion about Monarch...tastes like BudLight. Was expecting more wheat

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my favorites from the DFW brewers if you're ever in the area and have a chance to give them a go:

Lakewood Temptress - Lakewood The Temptress | Lakewood Brewing Company | Garland, TX | BeerAdvocate
Lakewood Lager - Lakewood Lager | Lakewood Brewing Company | Garland, TX | BeerAdvocate

Revolver Blood & Honey - Revolver Blood And Honey | Revolver Brewing | Granbury, TX | BeerAdvocate

Deep Ellum IPA - Deep Ellum IPA | Deep Ellum Brewing Company | Dallas, TX | BeerAdvocate
Deep Ellum Dallas Blond - Dallas Blonde | Deep Ellum Brewing Company | Dallas, TX | BeerAdvocate

Peticolas Golden Opportunity - Golden Opportunity | Peticolas Brewing Company | Dallas, TX | BeerAdvocate

Additionally, there have been a lot of new upper-scale bars and restaurants that have sprung up all over the place that feature a ton of the local craft brews, so you can go out and try all sorts of new and different beers instead of your standard and boring national brands. It's a good time to be a beer drinker in DFW.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
double post

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of my favorites from the DFW brewers if you're ever in the area and have a chance to give them a go:

Lakewood Temptress - Lakewood The Temptress | Lakewood Brewing Company | Garland, TX | BeerAdvocate
Lakewood Lager - Lakewood Lager | Lakewood Brewing Company | Garland, TX | BeerAdvocate

Revolver Blood & Honey - Revolver Blood And Honey | Revolver Brewing | Granbury, TX | BeerAdvocate

Deep Ellum IPA - Deep Ellum IPA | Deep Ellum Brewing Company | Dallas, TX | BeerAdvocate
Deep Ellum Dallas Blond - Dallas Blonde | Deep Ellum Brewing Company | Dallas, TX | BeerAdvocate

Peticolas Golden Opportunity - Golden Opportunity | Peticolas Brewing Company | Dallas, TX | BeerAdvocate

Additionally, there have been a lot of new upper-scale bars and restaurants that have sprung up all over the place that feature a ton of the local craft brews, so you can go out and try all sorts of new and different beers instead of your standard and boring national brands. It's a good time to be a beer drinker in DFW.

Had Blood and Honey a couple of weeks ago, it was excellent!